Advice Plz - I have FL Studio and want a beginner entry Midi keyboard - What one?

Scottie15

Hi All.

I just learning the ropes on FL Studio and I want a midi keyboard small one so I can use it to play the sounds and also easy synth work etc. Just so it makes things easier.

I am stuck on what to buy, I want a 2nd hand one or old one so it is cheap, just somthing to learn on, I see people mention M Audio and I would like to no any advice on what to buy, my budget is low as only want a old one not bothered about it doing much really, so £20-40 pounds so an old one and somthing not to tech just the best for that amount. Not sure what one best suits FL and also is there anywhere what explains how to get it working on FL, this will be fun.........I wish I had someone local whom could come teach me at this point.

Thanks for reading, hope you can help. Take care.

My favorite (actually a lot of people's fav) 25 key midi keyboard is the Akai MPK Mini MKii. Maybe slightly above budget though?

Hey,

just have a look around and see what you can get second hand online. And these things end up in second hand stores and pawn shops a lot!
As a device it couldn't be simpler, but look for one that has a bit of extra controls with it like pads, knobs and slider. You can assign those to functions in FL.
The way to get it working is usually just: plug it in and it'll show up in your MIDI options screen as a controller.. that's it.

hiya, i have found this keyboard on EBAY M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 mk2 USB MIDI Velocity Sensitive Keyboard Controller | eBay

I just want a cheap controller, so i can play some keys with out using mouse and keyboard lol and to just press my drums etc and record in so just faster and easier. Will this be ok for FL Studio 12? Dont want to buy one thats not working well with it. I think its ok, just the hard part then of getting it working, this should be fun!!! Anyone out there willing to coem round and teach me music welcome, ha ha, worth a try.....

Thanks for the replies guys an this site is really helping a lot reading all the post :)

If you can scrape a few more pounds together and don't mind mini keys, the M Audio Axiom Air 32 can be had for under 70 quid including VAT.

Back