Advice for the MPC

gheddi

Hi people,

I've been producing mostly boom bap and lofi stuff for some years now using almost only FL Studio... about 3 months ago I wanted to try something more oldschool, because thats where my musical roots are from eventually and buy a hardware standalone sampler (AKAI MPC Live). Now the thing is, I get way more pleasing results in my DAW and I get them also way faster... I just find it way easier to edit samples with FL, also I got all my VSTs and such, on the MPC theres only Akais preloaded sounds that I dont really like alot and well, the sampler. Of course I can chop up some stuff and make a 4 bar loop, put some FX over it and mix and master it with the inbuild EQs. But thats something that I could have done in half the time in FL, sooo...
And in my DAW I can easily edit my loops and add little changes, breakes, FX drops and so on...
The thing is that I really like that oldschool flair of producing with just the sampler and a turntable. Also I must say that the newer MPCs kinda lack character, in terms of sound (in comparison to all their older models). If Ableton would drop a Push3 standalone thats also a great controller I would be instantly hooked. First of all I wanted to change to Ableton for quite a while now or at least try it out and secondly I must say MPC 2.0 software is not nearly as good as a daw as everything else I've used... Also my MPC would often loose connection in the middle of making something (in controller mode)... idk man, what do you guys say? How likely is it that Ableton will implement a standalone function? Is there alternatives to the Live? Should I give it another chance and spend more time? Shoud I sell it? Plz advice

Last edited:
Back