Advice on good professional headphones for mixing and production?

Hi.
Can someone please give me an advice on headphones? I want to buy a new professional ones with more precise sound for mixing and mastering purposes, as right now i have ones from local shop for 30euros and they are no longer keeping up with quality im reaching for.

Audio Technica's ATH-M70x and Beyerdynamic's DT-880 come to mind.

I loved the ATH-M70x, but I made the mistake of having it pull double duty between me at the mixing desk and for those recording in the back......with guys who would insist on wearing the headphones half-way cocked on their heads, bending my headband to the point where it cracked....

After they broke, I replaced them with the DT-880......one of the key reasons behind that purchase was that all of the components are available for purchase through Beyerdynamic, so broke headbands should never be a problem.

The M70x are closed back headphones, while the DT-880 have a semi-open back. The M70x can be driven through things like iPhones, while the DT-880 is available in a couple different impedance models.

Either way, both are pretty accurate sounding. The DT-880 has more of a presence in the high frequencies and less in the bottom end when compared to the M70x.

If you don't have the cash for either one, the ATH-M50x by Audio Technica should do the trick. They have more low end than the M70x, and they're a bit smaller than the M70x, but they should suffice for what you need. Plus, they got a few different colorways.

I know that doesn't help the sound at all, but the red joints with the gold ring looks slick though lol.

Back