Adam F5, A3X, or A5X studio monitors ? (my first monitors to buy)

ebessan

I'm looking for my first monitors that I am looking to get to last a long while. These are the ones I'm looking for since I like the reviews and stability of the Adam Audio brand.

Which ones would be the best for the money and sound best for a home studio setting? I produce EDM (electro house, jungle, jersey club, the works).

Opinions of any kind are helpful, deals and recommendations, too!

I listened to them and I didn't really like them. Also, how do you want proper bass frequency representation from a small monitor without a subwoofer? It's usually a lot easier to get an 8 inch monitor instead of trying to correctly balance smaller monitors with a subwoofer in a room. Focal Alpha 80 is what I preach :p
Some other contenders but less proper sounding: JBL LSR, Mackie MR, Yamaha HS.

I listened to them and I didn't really like them. Also, how do you want proper bass frequency representation from a small monitor without a subwoofer? It's usually a lot easier to get an 8 inch monitor instead of trying to correctly balance smaller monitors with a subwoofer in a room. Focal Alpha 80 is what I preach :p
Some other contenders but less proper sounding: JBL LSR, Mackie MR, Yamaha HS.
I'm reconsidering a choice of monitors now since posting.

Here's some context: I produce in a small bedroom, so naturally, the bass a subwoofer will provide will be too overwhelming for my environment. This is why an 8 inch speaker might not be practical for my current situation.

I'm considering just getting some KRK Rokit 5's so K don't have to worry about a bass port in te back of the speaker reverberating against my walls or corners.

Any other small or mid studio monitors woth frontal bass ports that yoh can suggest or name? Would love to know your opinion!

Hey,

I had Adam A5X, they are really good monitors! The detail & imaging on those speakers really shine especially if u connect them with a subwoofer. The bass is okay after-all it's a 5 inch woofer. I have Munro eggs monitors that cost 2,5 k, and comparing those two i think adam had clearer highs Imo.
I tested krk and it's not anything worth mentioning. Check Adam A5x, Neumann KH 120 A, EVE Audio 205, Focal CMS 50. Of them four Neumann KH 120 wins hands down but it's in different prize league.

What if I don't really want to have to get a subwoofer? What studio monitors don't need a sub to get effective bass?

Just spend some more and get the A7Xs and you're set for any room scenario

Last edited:
Just spend some more and get the A7Xs and you're set for any room scenario
Any chance there is a way of getting comparable studio monitors for a cheaper price???

And also, I;m not too sure these will be great for a small bedroom setup, especially in a corner where the base will reverberate out of the back of the speaker against the wall (even with pads)??? Is this suffice to say? Agree?

Let me know any input!

I think the whole "effective bass" thing is exaggerated a bit - sure, you're not gonna get chest-pounding bass out of 5" monitors, but any scenario (be it bigger monitors or a sub) that produces "big" bass in a small room is also gonna require excessive room treatment, or else you'll have a pretty ****ed up low end environment that's gonna be very hard to mix, compared to just having the right size monitors for the room.

Back