1st Post: Logic pro x, MPC, Vinyl, what midi controller or keyboard with them?

D

drowe92

I am using logic pro x and want to upgrade my set up, I am purchasing a vinyl player (technics sl-1200), and I believe I need a mixer and audio interface for this as well. I am also going to be using an mpc to chop samples and handle percussion, to be used with and without logic. This comes to my question: I am looking for a hardware controller for logic where I can have faders (preferably motorized but doesnt matter) knobs and pots control logic (effects, plug ins, volume, etc) while i also use the keyboard (at-least 49 keys, preferably 61 or 88) to play piano, synths and chords using logics virtual instruments. The mpc will take care of sampling and any pads I will need so those will be of no use to me on the controller.
Can someone help me out with what to choose, price only matters when comparing two units and I am willing to pay what I have to.

I have been looking at the akai mpk/max series, the roland a-800, the m-audio as you mentioned, the new korg triton taktile, the korg microkey (but I am pretty sure after touch is going to be pretty important which that doesnt have), panaorama p4/p6 and the novation slmkII. if anyone has any experience with these or advice with what mentioned above would be most appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back