I just might be suing Pharrell Williams for Copyright Infringement...

j.troup

Now that I have your attention... :hello:

Back in 2010, I wrote and produced a song called Sunshine, for an artist. The premise was adults saying F Adulthood, and wanting to go outside and PLAY.

The song was purposely written to pitch for inclusion in Film, TV and Commercials.

I had the idea to do a promotional video, consisting of submissions of video clips and pictures of adults, being outside, playing like children...just enjoying the SUNSHINE.

Artist didn't want to put in the work to make it happen...so i had to execute it as best i could.

And in 2013 Pharrell Williams releases the Oscar Nominated HAPPY...

One day...one day they are going to listen to me.

#TROUPgenius

Don't you HATE when shit like this happens???

(btw, i'm not really considering suing, or even think this is a case of copyright infringement. I take things like this as proof that I have the right ideas, and am on the right track)

best way too see view the situation eh..think copyright would only cover the execution of an idea rather than the idea itself..same shit happeed with me with that kanye and Otis track...no less than a mount before Id choped and sampleld that same exact part..but never followed the beat through :(

Same thing happened to me with that Polow Da Don & Lloyd with "Lay It Down"

I made a beat EXACTLY like that when I was 17 so around 2006ish. . .4 years later they release that song after I joined the military. . .It wasn't a number one hit but still. . .that's money right there lol.

That's crazy when I read the title I was wondering if it was this track. I would feel upset but I'm sure this happens too often. But the positive note is your definitely on the right track and sooner or later you'll get that break through.

I like them both, but yours made me tear-up, troupe. Great job. Message-wise, it reminds me of that Stevie Wonder song ("I Wish"). It's a great sentiment that a lot of people can relate to, so keep that song handy, I'm sure you'll eventually find the right placement situation for it.

GJ

Last edited:
The whole thing is what Jung would call collective subconscious or collective unconscious - there are many themes and ideas that simply float through society and different artists latch onto them and tweak them to their needs - this is one reason why we still talk about being inspired by the muses

my first experience was song lyrics in 1977 - I wrote some out and 3 weeks later a very similar song was on the radio - knowing that I hadn't shared my lyrics and understanding (even than at the age of 14 going on 15) that lead time in production meant that they had the idea before I had, I just wrote it off as common themes expressed with similar sentiment

The whole thing is what Jung would call collective subconscious or collective unconscious - there are many themes and ideas that simply float through society and different artists latch onto them and tweak them to their needs - this is one reason why we still talk about being inspired by the muses

my first experience was song lyrics in 1977 - I wrote some out and 3 weeks later a very similar song was on the radio - knowing that I hadn't shared my lyrics and understanding (even than at the age of 14 going on 15) that lead time in production meant that they had the idea before I had, I just wrote it off as common themes expressed with similar sentiment

I agree. Just crazy how it happens.

Same thing happened to me when I first started producing. Back in 2004-05 or so. I made this beat. Then 50 Cent put out Just A Lil Bit, with a very, very similar feel...even had an indian flute as the lead melody.

i was hoping this was about a hat

45390507.jpg

It's good when things like this happen... it should lit a fire under your ass, a reminder to not let your ideas go to waste cause you never know how good they truly are.

That hat is wack i hope it dont start a fad...i dont think it will...

I think they would litigate this until you didn't have the money to fight anymore or just pay you to go away... either way, if you sued - you wouldn't have to wonder what would've happened.

As we all know, Pharrell may have no idea where this idea or song came from and some one could've just had it on their ipod.

Remember when DJ Toomp came to FP through one of his studio homies... music travel.

I haven't been on Twitter or SoundCloud in over a year... still getting followers and hits and all of that.

Sue though, maybe more of your music will get heard by the people that are close to the biz. I don't know much about music law though, so...

Now that I have your attention... :hello:

Back in 2010, I wrote and produced a song called Sunshine, for an artist. The premise was adults saying F Adulthood, and wanting to go outside and PLAY.

The song was purposely written to pitch for inclusion in Film, TV and Commercials.

I had the idea to do a promotional video, consisting of submissions of video clips and pictures of adults, being outside, playing like children...just enjoying the SUNSHINE.

Artist didn't want to put in the work to make it happen...so i had to execute it as best i could.

And in 2013 Pharrell Williams releases the Oscar Nominated HAPPY...

One day...one day they are going to listen to me.

#TROUPgenius

Don't you HATE when shit like this happens???

(btw, i'm not really considering suing, or even think this is a case of copyright infringement. I take things like this as proof that I have the right ideas, and am on the right track)

damn.... hope you work things out

Am I the only one who notices that these two songs sound absolutely nothing like each other? The lyrics are completely different, they even give off completely different vibes. Keenan West's was like "all these mortgages all these bills" "I miss the days I could just run and play" sob sad stuff. Pharrell's is just "happy happy happy" "nothing can bring me down" "**** it I'll run and play right now"

Last edited:
Back