SoundClick Scam

Lifeadeath

Life and Death Pro
If you're thinking about using SoundClick for selling beats, think again. This is what they did to their #1 user who brought SoundClick tens of thousands of dollars and over 100 million song plays.

"I'm the owner of Anno Domini Beats and have been a SoundClick member for 10 years, gaining over 100 million song plays and sending the majority of their traffic to the site. I have earned them tens of thousands of dollars up until now. Over the past few days SoundClick proceeded to first delete 325 beats randomly from my page because I complained about them never replying to my support emails. They then shut down my second SoundClick page when I complained about that, and now they have also shut down my main Anno Domini Beats page when I asked for a refund for the VIP services and promotion I had already paid on the deleted account. Still not a single email back from them. They have also blocked me from posting on the forum, blocked me from contacting MY OWN mailing list, and blocked me on Facebook because I tried to contact them privately to resolve the matter. If you need any more proof that SoundClick is a scam site there you go! If you're sick of SoundClick treating its users like crap, sick of a website that hasn't been updated in 10 years and moderators that hate Hip Hop musicians and producers, then join me in leaving the website. There are so many better options out there like Soundcloud, YouTube, Music Centro, Beat Stars etc.

-Anno Domini."

Read original post here:
https://www.facebook.com/adrianboeckeler/posts/10100876849575218

Last edited:
Wow, that sucks. I think everyone knows by now that Soundclick is an awful website but I didn't know they had a sketchy streak as well.

The Johnny Juliano rant was pretty much the same with the same things happening to him (someone linked to video he made about it a year or so ago - do a search for JJ and soundclick) plus there are other examples of uneven playing field attitudes and of the owners doing illegal things - amply demonstrated by third parties but not substantiated in a court of law - getting that next level of evidence is tricky, as they block all attempts to access data with commercial in confidence motions

Anno Domino and Johnny Juliano should kept their mouthes shut and just took the money. Why do guys waste time with these "revolutionary" ideas? They made tens of thousands of dollars and still complained.

Why can't people just learn to be happy with what they have? They are messing things up for other composers. Just sad and frustrating reading about crybabies and snitches.

People act like they built soundclick. Soundclick built them. They were nothing until they found soundclick. soundclick allowed them to become who they are online, and they bite the hand that feeds them. soundclick says feed yourself. musiccentro was selling soundclick promo and got caught and banned. anno domini beats whined to soundclick, and pissed them off. he acts like they owe him something.
they act bigger and better than soundclick, yet they were trying to make money selling soundclick promotions. who says soundclick is dead? lol

Not sure a bad experience with customer service constitutes a "scam", especially when it's been legit enough for this guy to hang out there for 10 years.

closing an account due to complaints and refusing to refund fees is a scam - I cannot think of any legal jurisdiction that allows a company to penalise their customers for lodging complaints, which is effectively what happened here and to others besides (maybe totalitarian states where the company is the government but that is another issue entirely)

regardless of who built who, this does not give the company unfettered rights to penalise a customer/client who complains

@bandcoach... they publicly sold soundclick promotion linked with music centro. then when sc banned music centro for that anno domini beats began constantly harrassing them demanding answers. he publicly owns part of music centro. he was lucky they didn't shut him down before he complained. now it's to late

so, you are saying that it is more about turf war than anything else - not how it plays out in the copy above and certainly not how they treated JJ

im saying its about biting the hand that feeds you, getting a second chance, then biting it again and claiming YOU put the food in it's hand that you eat.

Again, I am looking on the netz for info to support what you have claimed and can find little evidence to support your position

I did find this
http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/soundclickcom-unknown-california-c342835.html

which starts to show the pattern of behaviour that soundclick engages in when criticised by anyone about any aspect of their service - block, limit, ban, refuse to remove content not owned by them, etc.

3 different complaints about similar responses to criticism/questions - this is not random nor is it acceptable behaviour in the corporate world.

of interest to me when this first came around, was the illegal behaviour of the owners of soundclick (brothers, I believe) in selling tracks that they had neither created nor had the license to deal with in this way - in addition they were manipulating the sales charts os that they were always at or near the top regardless of actual sales volume - i.e.their business model is skewed to their benefit and they do not tolerate criticism of any aspect of what they do

Do you have a conflict of interest to declare? i.e. are you an employee of soundclick or an owner?

I was not talking about the purported cross-promotion/view bumping scam we see offered by so many sites for so many other sites.

I was talking about the lack of grace with which they deal with customers in general.

There is no evidence (other than your assertion above) to be found that AD beats is an owner, part or otherwise, of music centro.

There is no evidence to support the claim that music centro is a direct offerer of the scam bump services your image indicates, only that your music centro account is the way in to the program (there is nothing illegal or contrary in doing that, it could just as easily have been facebook or twitter - would they have banned FB and twitter if that were case?), that and between $90 and $500 - the program is offered by HB designs.

musiccentro is owned by hotboy, superstaro and anno domini beats. that promotion is offered on hotboyz own website for his musiccentro website. can you not connect the dots?

my point is don't break the rules and then complain about the results.

here is proof that he runs music centro with hotboy, who was selling soundclick promo on his site through music centro anno.jpg

do you have a conflict of interest to declare?????

I am not being obtuse - how do you know who owns music centro? What direct statements can you point to that support your assertions????? you posted a response to this before I committed my post - but it only says AD and SS are the owners not HB.

And how, even if HB is a co-owner with AD and SS, does that make AD responsible for his actions? the punitive reaction from SC seems to be predicated on exactly that business relationship....

Further, to what extent does his asking questions of SC allow them to unilaterally mess with his profile, delete his content and accounts, block/ban him from the site and associated forums and refuse to discuss compensation fo such actions????

Last edited:
Again, I am looking on the netz for info to support what you have claimed and can find little evidence to support your position
here is my evidence. you ask for it.
here is soundclicks terms of service for user conduct. if you put your name on something and cosign it you better make sure they keep their nose clean or else they can drag you down. just google liam toller scam and you can see why hotboy is bad reputationinfo.jpg

also i find out that musiccentro demands you give them your paypal ipn #number to sell your beats on the website. did you know that by doing that they now know EVERY transaction that goes through your paypal? that means EVERY order from ANYWHERE on your paypal account will be reported to musiccentro. they now know EXACTLY how much you make. if you dont believe research it. i am in shock!

intriguing - the specifics do not exlcude the use of external sites to promote their product. yes they do exclude the use of bump services.

However, I find it difficult to accept that you allow them the right to cancel your account for any reason without notification.

more importantly, most of the complaints that I have found in this regard about soundclick, indicate that soundclick terminates accounts or otherwise interferes with services in response to any critical complaint or enquiry - i.e. their termination of services is a retaliatory measure meant to stifle disquiet and complaint about the services offered - such responses are usually prohibited by law in most 1st world countries regardless of the terms of the contract entered into

intriguing - the specifics do not exlcude the use of external sites to promote their product. yes they do exclude the use of bump services.
go back to the first pic i posted. read the 3rd line of what you have to do to get promo.... they "we will insert our(musiccentro) scripts which link back and communicate with musiccentro"
now THAT sounds like a SCAM

Back