Best Program for making Hip-Hop beats?

Double_R Music

I currently use Reason 5, but I was wondering everybody's opinions on the best software for hip-hop, R&B, and alternative. I like Reason but I feel like I need alot better patches and sounds.

I've used reason a little bit but i didn't like the workflow and also not being able to load third party vst's. I know they now have there RE format for reason 6.5 and up but if your looking to make a switch i always recommend FL studio. it comes with some powerful synths and you can also download a bunch of free ones that actually sound really good. My next best recommendation my Sonar X2. I'm just getting into it but from what I've learned its a pretty savage DAW for recording and making beats. Hope this helps

I've used reason a little bit but i didn't like the workflow and also not being able to load third party vst's. I know they now have there RE format for reason 6.5 and up but if your looking to make a switch i always recommend FL studio. it comes with some powerful synths and you can also download a bunch of free ones that actually sound really good. My next best recommendation my Sonar X2. I'm just getting into it but from what I've learned its a pretty savage DAW for recording and making beats. Hope this helps

Agree with this, the workflow in reason sucked to me and just never allowed me to get as creative as I wanted. Also a lot of the patches just kind of sounded dry to me for lack of better terms, VST's were a lot more style so FL Studio worked for me.

Obviously everyone has their own opinion. I would just say try a couple of DAWS and whatever you feel the best in workflow wise you should stick with. For me I am just the most comfortable in logic and use it for all my productions.

I have pro tools which cost me $2,500, I have fl studio (fruity loops) which cost me $300. I use fl studio 99% of the time. Its the best in my opinion, and very cheap for what you get. I only use pro tools for recording vocals, but I do all my production in FL studio.
[h=3]Source(s):[/h] How to make a basic beat with it

I used to run protool 10but really didn't know how to use it that well I paid $700 for it. Now I logic 9 which I'm having good success with after lots of vids and books. I make try protools again.

Reason hands down for me..more flexible as far as tweakin an makin yo own sound. I never use stock samples (refills only)

Song produced in reason:

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F89921648"></iframe>

My option is it doesn't matter what software you use. It's all about the sounds. I'm sure a hit song has been made in every software program out there.
Train your ear and learn quality sound.

My option is it doesn't matter what software you use. It's all about the sounds. I'm sure a hit song has been made in every software program out there.
Train your ear and learn quality sound.

Basically.
There is no dedicated software for a certain kind of music.ANY DAW can be used for ANY TYPE of music.

Peace

I 100% agree with anyone that says it doesn't matter. Which ever one u can use the best is the best at the end of the day. long as u get the results your looking for IMO

I agree that it really is just a matter of finding what your comfortable with. That being said I will give you my opinion. My absolute go to DAW is without question Cakewalk Sonar it will do everything you need and expect a DAW to do. I do have FL Studio but hardly ever use it, I just cant seem to adapt to the workflow. I do however love a lot of the FL plugins and I do use them all the time. Now to the MPC Renaissance, it is the center piece of my studio right now and is a blast to work on, I highly recommend giving it a try.

People have different tastes. I use fl studio 10 but have also used reason 4 & 5. reason got way better sounds and synths but the sequencer and work flow is crap thats why i usually rewire to fl studio when i need a sound or whatever. reason is good if you use alot of midi keyboards, sample machines and such. fl studio is really easy to compose on the go thats why i like it. Theres alot of haters that talk down on fl though. its whatevs alot of famous producers use it too.

There are so many choices for DAW
Logic
Protools
Abelton
FL
Sonar... etc
The list goes on.
Pick 1 and learn it front to back. "a sword is only as powerful as its master":hmmm:

Back