How do you know who really is legit?

imtfly

Hi guys. I've been trying to shop my beats through contacts on twitter. There was this one guy called Kevin A&R Shine said they were looking for new producers/songwriters, so i shoot them an email asking if they accept beat submissions and i got this back:

Thank you so much for contacting us at The F.I.R.M. The purpose of a consulting meeting is to critique music, give advice, answer questions, etc. It's not specific to artists but for anyone in the music industry. The knowledge you will gain from the meeting will help you make the appropriate decisions in your career. The meeting is not designed to sign anyone or shop your music (initially) but merely to answer questions, educate, and give direction. Kevin will not be able to shop your music or offer any sort of placements without first consulting with you. The fee is $250/hr and can be paid by direct bank deposit (Bank of America), Western Union, or PayPal. The session can be held via Skype or Atlanta, Ga. Let me know if you have any further questions or when you're ready to book your session. Please do not contact him directly when you are ready to book your consultation as I will be the one to schedule your meeting and email directions. To learn more about Kevin A&R Shine and his works, visit www.thefirmweb.com

what do you guys think? is this just a way to get my money? Or is this an investment for my music

----------
Flyer!'s sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

its not bullshit, its a consultant agency.

it's not really meant for producers looking to get beats placed, its for Major & Independent Labels, but lets not write everything off as bullshit.. for a company thats not a lot of money to spend when youre looking for a consultant

it's not really meant for producers looking to get beats placed, its for Major & Independent Labels, but lets not write everything off as bullshit.. for a company thats not a lot of money to spend when youre looking for a consultant

right this company is going to invest alot of time and information/direction with those who chose to take them up on their services

HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT | HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT | INTERVIEWS
One free hour of training/consulting click on the banner in the sig.
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve

Hi guys. I've been trying to shop my beats through contacts on twitter. There was this one guy called Kevin A&R Shine said they were looking for new producers/songwriters, so i shoot them an email asking if they accept beat submissions and i got this back:

what do you guys think? is this just a way to get my money? Or is this an investment for my music

----------
Flyer!'s sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

right this company is going to invest alot of time and information/direction with those who chose to take them up on their services

Having had friends who've personally met with Kevin Shine, I can tell you that he is first a business man. The fact that he is presenting his consulting fees upfront is nothing new. I would not suggest submitting just beats to A&R's (or anyone for that matter) unless you have an established relationship with them or they specifically request instrumentals. Most people in the industry now are looking for fully referenced records or at least instrumentals with an intro,verse, and chorus. This is just based off my personal experience.

its bullshit like I said

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

He is not looking for a consultant he is looking for beat placements. if he pays 250 per hour for this its bullshit. If your beats suck they wont get better by paying 250 per hour. if your beats are the shit cats pay you for them....

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Consultation is much more than advice and shouldn't be disregarded. Most people have trouble bringing themselves to exchange money for information, even if the information is well worth it. The question you should ask yourself is if you're a business person who produces music, or a ordinary person who makes beats. A business person would get the information they need, whatever the cost, because the information is more important than the money. On the other hand, if you're just a guy who makes beats, you may not have any use for the information discussed during the consultation.

Last edited:
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

For $250 per hour you can buy a lifetime supply of fish. May not be considered a lot for a consultant but not everyone considered a consultant is good at it and anyone can be a consultant.

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

with your accomplishments and professional contacts, what could a consultant tell YOU that you don't already know?

I'm a consultant so just send me the money via paypal or western union and I will give you some consultation. LMAO

with your accomplishments and professional contacts, what could a consultant tell YOU that you don't already know?

it's strange the stuff ppl don't know F or Deaf
believe me when I send out a questionnaire to a first-time client, I'm surprised by the responses I get back

but isn't that same information here? in the archives of this site? (for example)

is the information you learned in elementary,jr.high,high school on the web now??
ppl need direction/training/coaching pretty much everything your teachers did for you throughout your school years

and yes alot of information is available to ppl but folks don't know how to research on their own which is the case I run into alot
some don't even know what a PRO is BMI and ASCAP as far as two
some ppl don't know what ROI is sir
the information out there but do they even know what to search for as you don't know what they should be searching for
I don't know too many businesses that don't pay for information they either pay outside firms/consultants or they have employee daily or weekly meeting where they come up with ways to improve and those employees research and find the information and present it to the company executives/head/project managers,etc.
BUSINESS vs. HOBBY
time and money is an investment needed to run a successful business

what about an ordinary business person that makes beats LMAO

ordinary business person would want to take advantage of the business opportunities they can get from the production company
now if you're in it as a hobby in your off time from your ordinary business 9 to 5 career/job then that's two different situation and I guess you could laugh off the fat of your rear-end as when you laugh you lose a small amount of calories...

The researchers discovered that laughing increased both heart rate and calorie expenditure by up to 20 per cent – and the longer participants laughed for the greater the effects.

Last edited:
what about an ordinary business person that makes beats LMAO

You're obviously a person who has trouble understanding the value of taking advice from more experienced professionals, possibly because you've never work with one before. Since you're a business person who make beats, you should have your own circle of advisers. These are people you go to when you need business advice, unless you're one of those "know it all" types. You also go to these people for feedback on your music releases as well as other aspects of your business. People seek professional consultation all the time. They seek legal advice from lawyers, business managers, label owners, etc. Nobody works for free and that includes teaching others the business.

Time is money...
My question to you is, "Why don't you have your business online, or do you?"

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

yeah...but FUKC information -

people are paying for RESULTS. yeah?

You need the right information before results can manifest.

yeah...but FUKC information -

people are paying for RESULTS. yeah?

as you want results along side the information you can hire a person that will walk step by step with you/your company
but that will get expensive, very expensive because you're pretty much hiring that person to be with you until your goal is accomplished
it could be to get a certain amount of traffic
it could be to become more visible to your customers/market
it could be to fashion your image as an artist/products/actor

actors starting out pay acting coaching for direction/information
as well as acting agents for direction/information

learn to invest in yourself if you want to accomplish your goals in a business setting
and that's the biggest hurdle for alot of producers/artists/creative types they don't have to means to do this or they are foolish with their money.

In the fall I having a crazy revamping of my whole business which is part of my business plan that evolves as each of my goals are accomplished.

the interviews I'm doing now is part of the my business plan and helping my business reach it's goal
one goal at a time...to fulfill my company's mission statement
and I can't tell you about the amazing information I paid for that simulated my growth in my ventures

Last edited:
its bullshit like I said

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

He is not looking for a consultant he is looking for beat placements. if he pays 250 per hour for this its bullshit. If your beats suck they wont get better by paying 250 per hour. if your beats are the shit cats pay you for them....

but thats not what the service is for, the service isnt for beatmakers, the service is a consultant service for labels on a major and independent level. Its not so HOTBEATZPRODUCTION can get a placement on an album, even though Kevin Shine is a good A & R with a writing team and probably COULD get your shit placed, thats not what the service is for. Its not for producers, which is what i explained, but i know companies that have used Kevin's services and speak nothing but good things

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

saying this is a scam is like saying a beatmaker getting an agent is a scam.

its not a SCAM, its just it's such a reach for a beatmaker to have use for a Talent Agency, just like its a reach for a beatmaker to have a real need for a consultant on an entry level. (even though i know Talent Agencies dont charge a fee, they go by percentage but you get what i mean)

now would i as a beatmaker make that 250? no, you're better off taking that 250 for an hour at a conference where you can connect with individuals and gain a lot of knowledge at the same time

Polow Da Don needs a consultant, Lil Jimmy down the block has no need for him

but thats not what the service is for, the service isnt for beatmakers, the service is a consultant service for labels on a major and independent level. Its not so HOTBEATZPRODUCTION can get a placement on an album, even though Kevin Shine is a good A & R with a writing team and probably COULD get your shit placed, thats not what the service is for. Its not for producers, which is what i explained, but i know companies that have used Kevin's services and speak nothing but good things

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

its not a SCAM, its just it's such a reach for a beatmaker to have use for a Talent Agency, just like its a reach for a beatmaker to have a real need for a consultant on an entry level. (even though i know Talent Agencies dont charge a fee, they go by percentage but you get what i mean)

now would i as a beatmaker make that 250? no, you're better off taking that 250 for an hour at a conference where you can connect with individuals and gain a lot of knowledge at the same time

good to see you drop by this section of FP,Drew.

That makes sense its just I don't want to lead this cat into spending $250 an hour and get nothing out of it. people really need to do some research on this and weed out the bullshit posers that don't know what the f they are talking about which is very high in number. After researching the business end properly a lot of cats will realize you can entirely cut out the middleman and do most of this stuff on your own that's all I'm saying.

Back