fustrated of not working with people and getting out there

dmajor100

I do alot of sampled beats and some are good but i can not find anyone good to record or sing on my stuff. Not only does that get to me but its also not knowing people to who do music too to call or network with. Im on facebook all the time friending people who are in music and post my beats all the time and still get no feedback or nothing. what am i doing wrong here and to be all honest im not one of those energetic producers and im shy alot or get nervous sometimes when working with the few people i have tried to record cause things went wrong.

Your music probably isn't very good. That is the reason most musicians fail; they do not make good music. Do not worry about making friends at this point. Learn how to make better music by paying for lessons and working under experienced professionals.

More importantly, do you have a high school diploma? A college degree? A full time job? Health insurance? A working car?

the instrumentals sounds good to my ear
Dmajor where is your website???
why aren't your facebook/twitter links displayed in your sig.

please contact me for a free hour of consultation and I'll help you sir

HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT | HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT | INTERVIEWS
One free hour of training/consulting click on the banner in the sig.
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve

Well alot sound.good to my ears but there is alot im not too excited about and ill admit im not were i wanna be production wise so would it be a Better idea going into engineering,live sound or Other forms for success.

I'm not the best producer so I switched in the business side/background side of music to help others realize their goals
and focus on presenting christian principles through music
ppl say all the day that producers who actually get placements here on this forum
"man that dude beat sucks" but some reason that Major Artists felt a connection to the beat
try producing original works
sample based instrumentals are my favorites because I grew up listening to alot of east coast sampled beats as I was in jr/high school in the 90's

Last edited:
Truth is if artist aren't responding the way you want them to you have to tap into what they like and go from there

Radioactive i know you aint talking i hearc some of ur stuff and i know whats good and whata not and ur not

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

Well my strenght is sampling and not show much composing but i will be going into a associatea degree in composing to help

Radioactive i know you aint talking i hearc some of ur stuff and i know whats good and whata not and ur not

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

Well my strenght is sampling and not show much composing but i will be going into a associatea degree in composing to help

keep on your grind and don't throw mud back just keep your posts positive I understand that ppl like to talk mess to each other but I don't find it constructive
but you're a grown man do as you please,just trying to help ppl grow out of that
this is wack,that is wack
this is all I heard on this forum about producers who made it in the game ppl calling some of Dre's beats wack so there you go..no matter how good you are and track record there will be ppl who over-analyze your productions...different then true music listeners vs. producer ears..

I totally understand your frustration. What I would do is try to get serious feedback on the stuff you produce from people with experience (such as this forum! :)) that can tell you what you need to improve upon.

Following the creative path, and trying to make a difference through art and music can be very demanding, and even frustrating at points, but the journey is worth it.

Take your time and try to focus on one goal at a time. Also, try to finish all the tracks you produce. In addition to this, try to copy stuff from others, and from artists you like; not for the sake of copying but for the sake of learning how they did it. Study music theory, sound design, mixing, mastering, and what not.

Just a few tips from me. I'm sure you'll learn tons and become a lot better as long as you just keep at it.

Im already going to audio school and its almost up with not much to show for it not even one track mix and mastered. there are lots of musical people who do things like sing, play guitar and beatmaker but i still dnt know them and its already beem a year. I do have some anxiety issues that hold me back from talking to people and sure this will be my main failure.

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

I have been told by ppl who know music even another big producer that my tracks were good enough for placments so thats why im not that worried about the responces of the 2 haters that said on here that my beats sucked

Im already going to audio school and its almost up with not much to show for it not even one track mix and mastered. there are lots of musical people who do things like sing, play guitar and beatmaker but i still dnt know them and its already beem a year. I do have some anxiety issues that hold me back from talking to people and sure this will be my main failure.

I have been told by ppl who know music even another big producer that my tracks were good enough for placments so thats why im not that worried about the responces of the 2 haters that said on here that my beats sucked

suck/wack is subjective

Your beats are good, you just need to add more sounds, compose the song better, have a build up intro then let beat come in hard, and you should be good. Try listening to straight instrumentals from other producers and try to mimic their composition style and one of your beats, but put your own flavor into it.

Truth is if artist aren't responding the way you want them to you have to tap into what they like and go from there

and talking to them helps too. You can make some good money or get pointed to money by just talking to people.

and talking to them helps too. You can make some good money or get pointed to money by just talking to people.

I can't stress this enough I told my client yesterday your biggest tool as a producer is your mouthpiece
supported by your instrumentals,website,and social networks
but if you don't network and just connect with ppl you'll have a hard time

So is it about building a friendship first and then promote and should i be looking for feedback or go for a upcoming artist and work with them.

So is it about building a friendship first and then promote and should i be looking for feedback or go for a upcoming artist and work with them.

yes get to know ppl through tweeting and facebook message don't be artificial
and use standard promotion techn. while building relationships other music professionals
I'm doing interviews as a way of connecting with ppl as well as just talking to them and picking their brain and let them do the same to me and getting to know them
as much as they want to let me know
know if they have kids because I have kids
if they are married as I'm married
if they have a 9 to 5, as I have a 9 to 5
etc...and alot of that is done in private message
building friends and business associates is a must sir
Dmajor stay on your grind just ante up your efforts
with your music,your networking,and your marketing/promotion
where you site at??

I can help you focus on some specific goals
just contact me sir after clicking on the banner in my sig. and then you know if what I'm offering will work for you

Back