kongs drum library in reason 5 is sick!!!!

Wish reason had batch export....

EXACTLY...

i'm a big fan of Reason just like the next man...but some of the limitations are just ridiculous...

it's like they are trying to FORCE users into using ReWire or something...

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

what made ya'll wanna get into Cubase?

To be honest the demo "LE" came with a piece of hardware I bought and since I found the program to be pretty straight forward, and I was using it all the time I bought it.

so Cubase is the first D.A.W. you ever used? and you just continued using it???

didn't feel like stickin' w/ pro tools? pro tools wasn't the best creative environment for you?

Cubase was just easier for me I guess and when making music, I really don't wanna spend too much time with the technical aspects as this takes away from the creative aspects.

$.02

EXACTLY...

i'm a big fan of Reason just like the next man...but some of the limitations are just ridiculous...

it's like they are trying to FORCE users into using ReWire or something...

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

what made ya'll wanna get into Cubase?

I tried every sequencer over the years. Cubase is just the one that fit me and how I think best. I do have Reason and Record just for the odd collabo. But when I get serious, I like to have everything under one roof and that means Cubase. I can bring in my Motif Rack Es as a VST plugin along with my other VST plugins and have a nice set of powerful features. Over the years I used a lot of stuff til one day, I realized I kept coming back to Cubase. Eventually, I want Cubase to become my "self contained/all in one" solution, like Reason. I want to try to get the most stable set up possible, but I need Steinberg to seriously come with the sample based instruments. I'm more into organic music than synthy styles. I like to emulate real instruments.

just bought r5 upgrade based on this post, not like I wasn't gonna anyways I guess

still gonna use cubase/ableton so I'm not gonna get record yet

Last edited:
I tried every sequencer over the years. Cubase is just the one that fit me and how I think best.

that's wussup...

i mean, in order to find the best "fit", people really gotta do that...the "composing" environment is one thing...but the actual "producing" environment is a whole 'nother thing...

the best programs are the ones that just "WORK"...kinda like, everything is exactly where you woulda put it if YOU designed the program type of shit...
:smokinFP:

hmmm, Cubase...

i never heard too much bad stuff about Cubase...
Cubase is cool I personally don't like it for midi programming. The timing in the sequencer feels weird to me. Maybe its because I am just used to other tools but I felt I had to quantize everything because when I programmed it in it was always slightly off generally early. I didnt have these issues with other daws but for audio stuff Cubase is not bad but not my preference. I have heard some crazy insane music not just hip hop but all kinds of rock and orchestral and pop music done in Cubase and it was all crazy.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

I tried every sequencer over the years. Cubase is just the one that fit me and how I think best. I do have Reason and Record just for the odd collabo. But when I get serious, I like to have everything under one roof and that means Cubase. I can bring in my Motif Rack Es as a VST plugin along with my other VST plugins and have a nice set of powerful features. Over the years I used a lot of stuff til one day, I realized I kept coming back to Cubase. Eventually, I want Cubase to become my "self contained/all in one" solution, like Reason. I want to try to get the most stable set up possible, but I need Steinberg to seriously come with the sample based instruments. I'm more into organic music than synthy styles. I like to emulate real instruments.
actually I think that is the big advantage that most daws have over Reason or Record is the fact that you have the option to use everything you have under one roof. But I still love the way Props did Reason and Record.

kong is beast all i habe to say is i in love with my new reason5 ,besides if you ever used an mpc recycle is very much alike , but they should intergrate recyle 2.2with an upgrade but it still fells so smooth everthing i love bout it recyle is a good resoucrcefull tool if your patient ..time is of thee essence

Recycle is fine for what it does, but now that sampling is allowed they should allow loop recording on tempo and allow slice moving and creating in the OctoRex.

Cubase is cool I personally don't like it for midi programming. The timing in the sequencer feels weird to me. Maybe its because I am just used to other tools but I felt I had to quantize everything because when I programmed it in it was always slightly off generally early. I didnt have these issues with other daws but for audio stuff Cubase is not bad but not my preference. I have heard some crazy insane music not just hip hop but all kinds of rock and orchestral and pop music done in Cubase and it was all crazy.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

actually I think that is the big advantage that most daws have over Reason or Record is the fact that you have the option to use everything you have under one roof. But I still love the way Props did Reason and Record.

While at the same time, Reason's amazing stability and the lack of stability elsewhere is what got me to really thinking about closed systems. After working in Reason for a few hours you think to yourself, "Man, I haven't crashed, or even had a single hiccup, everything is doing exactly as it's supposed to". That's a good feeling and a compelling reason to stay working in Reason. But I want my cake and eat it too. I want that kind of stability, but with full audio editing, Kontakt level sequencer and Chris Hein quality instruments. I'm hoping that Steinberg is looking to move in the direction of bundling super high quality instruments into Cubase. At that point, I will have my closed system and hopefully it will also be pretty stable.

Speaking of Steinberg instruments, the new Halion Sonic is now available. I'm reading good things about it, but the demo tunes on the steinberg site by far don't impress. Halion 4 should be coming along soon too.

looks kinda like Sampletank...
its an alternative to sample tank its very similar

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

While at the same time, Reason's amazing stability and the lack of stability elsewhere is what got me to really thinking about closed systems. After working in Reason for a few hours you think to yourself, "Man, I haven't crashed, or even had a single hiccup, everything is doing exactly as it's supposed to". That's a good feeling and a compelling reason to stay working in Reason. But I want my cake and eat it too. I want that kind of stability, but with full audio editing, Kontakt level sequencer and Chris Hein quality instruments. I'm hoping that Steinberg is looking to move in the direction of bundling super high quality instruments into Cubase. At that point, I will have my closed system and hopefully it will also be pretty stable.

Speaking of Steinberg instruments, the new Halion Sonic is now available. I'm reading good things about it, but the demo tunes on the steinberg site by far don't impress. Halion 4 should be coming along soon too.
exactly. i think more daws should work on stability and more vst companies should also. I think these vsts should be tried with all of the daws on the market before being released but will it happen? probably not. stabilitiy is important and its what sets Reason and Record apart moer than anything else imo

all jokes aside the drum library for kong is out of control. real talk i like these drums better than my battery drums and machine drums as well. all reason needs is midi out and its a wrap i have no need for anything else.

with the voucher from my komplete 7 upgrade i purchased the maschine drum library and "yes" they are weak compared to Kong's drum samples (in my opinion)...

i would have rather have the maschine drum library in Kontakt format instead of the kore player format...

Last edited:
Back