Smapling is new to me.

heaumane

It hasn't even been a month since i've started sampling. I know slicex is good, the only thing i can't get is making the slice/slices match the tempo of my beat without actually adjusting the tempo of the percussion ins. Ive tried the drum(loop) option and the tim stretch pitch shift and the y dont work as well as dragging and dropiing the sample into the sequencer. And im talking about making loops out of the sample/s. I will keep on messing with it ti'll someone answers this, so u cant say im not doin my research and actually learning from trial and error. im succesful with some song, but some songs im not too fond of :/ TY Heaumane///./,./mv

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

i know i can flip easy, slow songs, at the moment im trying to flip some fast songs with higher bpm and making them fit to a 90bpm beat.

Work smarter not harder. slow the sample down to fit the tempo or speed the tempo up to fit the sample

that's not helpful! that's what i do, but i'm sure if i learned a little more i'd be able to make loops.

How is that not helpful? If you want to make loops then change the samples tempo to match your beats tempo..
You want somebody to step by step tell you how to loop samples and make beats?

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Download Audacity. It's free and you can easily adjust tempo and pitch in it.

How is that not helpful?
it was but Im going to sound like a grumpy old man when I say this.

What is wrong with this generation of producers who can't even hold their own dicks to piss? Do I really need to tell you how to get a sample and drums to play at the same speed? I thought it was common sense. You guys have so many resources out there and then get mad when someone gives u a direct answer without telling you exactly how to do it. You said your sample is too fast and your drums are at the correct tempo what should I do? Hmmm heres a thought CHANGE THE SAMPLES TEMPO! Its not rocket science its kind of a stupid question. Im waiting for a producer to come here and say I have a turntable but I dont have vinyl how can I get some. SMH #facepalm

it was but Im going to sound like a grumpy old man when I say this.

What is wrong with this generation of producers who can't even hold their own dicks to piss? Do I really need to tell you how to get a sample and drums to play at the same speed? I thought it was common sense. You guys have so many resources out there and then get mad when someone gives u a direct answer without telling you exactly how to do it. You said your sample is too fast and your drums are at the correct tempo what should I do? Hmmm heres a thought CHANGE THE SAMPLES TEMPO! Its not rocket science its kind of a stupid question. Im waiting for a producer to come here and say I have a turntable but I dont have vinyl how can I get some. SMH #facepalm
very good post!

i mean, i know how to do all of what you guys are talking about. shut yo mouths...no one asked for an explanation.

You started a thread asking for an explanation dont get mad when people give u the one u dont want. if u dont like the info given on Fp go find it else where

i mean, i know how to do all of what you guys are talking about. shut yo mouths...no one asked for an explanation.

As crude and as harsh as they may sometimes sound, these people are still going out of their way to try and help you so backtalk isnt the thing you should be doing.. and if your that stuck why dont you buy some sort of self help book to help you or youtube? Im sure they will give you a much more detailed explanation of your problem.

just butting in here...

the o.p. heumane or whatever has started like 6 of these threads and quite frankly it gets annoying. Sampling is an art form and most artists dont paint a perfect picture the first time they paint. YOU ABSOLUTLEY MUST STUDY and research and practice if you are ever going to learn anything. That being said, you cant expect everyone to just tell you how to do something that they have spent years researching and practicing....thats like walking in to an artists studio and saying how do i paint a picture.....the problem lies in the fact that this whole new generation of producers( i use that term loosely) don't wanna master their craft they just wanna learn enough to seem cool because they are a "producer".

Do the Knowledge.

guilty i have reached out for help,too many times. i guess im trying to see how other people do wat they do. the other reason is that sometimes i think im doin it the hard way wen theres a more simple way to do it, but i do keep in mind that something worth having isnt easy, well sometimes it is. lol. slicex is busting my balls though, i think its only good to sample and slice to make your own melody/loop. in my experience, but ill keep messing with it. as of now im definately sticking to dragging and dropping to the sequencer, i admit i might get lazy at times :/

---------- Post added at 01:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

ok so wen i speed it up 2 beats go with the custom beat i made. but then it goes off. ima try and cut the 8 bar into 4 bars.

ok so wen i speed it up 2 beats go with the custom beat i made. but then it goes off. ima try and cut the 8 bar into 4 bars.
experimentation is often the best teacher im glad you are learning this. its far easier to keep a beat in time with smaller chops than it is to keep it ontime with larger ones

Haha akplay was bein a baby back *****.

and @Xab: You can't just say this generation of beatmakers. I'm 17 and put in my work, its just some(most) people in my generation that are ****tards!! Haha

Here is a tip... If you are using a sample and want a loop to match your tempo. Open edison... Open the sample.... highlight the part u want looped...then on the very right of edison is a button with and arrow and circle. Select it drag and drop it in the step sequencer. From there double click the tab in the step sequencer and a box should open with the wav in it.
Then you will see knobs and ish. Make sure ur tempo is at what u want. Then in the box right click time. if its a 4 bar loop select 4 bars. if its 2 bars select 2. try this see how it goes.

...Im going to sound like a grumpy old man when I say this.....
SMH #facepalm

06.jpg
< ~~~~ Xab.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

What the hell....

why not one more?!

All together now!!

16.jpg

...that is all.

ONE

Last edited:
06.jpg
< ~~~~ Xab.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

What the hell....

why not one more?!

All together now!!

16.jpg

...that is all.

ONE

Lmfao ... You sir are a legend :victory:

Last edited:
and @Xab: You can't just say this generation of beatmakers. I'm 17 and put in my work, its just some(most) people in my generation that are ****tards!! Haha
yes I can. Theres always an exception to every rule. By this generation I dont really mean age of the person rather than length of experience. There are 17 year olds that started yesterday and 17 year olds that started in 2005 and have 5 years under their belt. 2 totally different generations of producer. They understand how to be resourceful most of these new producers do not.

Back