Neptunes Interview On Gear

1st Family beats said:
Good Post.

Very good Post, thanks for the translation work.

But, 1st Family needs to chill with that racist nonsense that he is using for a quote. You need to finish reading Malcolm's book.

"Never have I witnessed such sincere hospitality and the over whelming spirit of true brotherhood as is practiced by people of all colors and races here [Mecca].... this pilgrimage... has forced me to re-arrange much of my thought patterns... and toss aside some of my previous conclusions.... In the words and in the actions and in the deeds of 'white' Muslims I felt the same sincerity that I felt among the black African Muslims of Nigeria, Sudan, and Ghana"

Please open your mind, study and don't allow it to be infected with racist rhetoric. All types of people from all over the world make music, a universal form of communication. Don't let misconceptions block what we are trying to do. Now back to the music.

just wanted to chime in and say thanks for the post. It's about time someone posted something about the neptunes worth reading.

P.S.
thanks for the quote and comments kevin.
:cheers:

thanks for the posting that interview.

it was good to read something about the neptunes that wasn't:

" can somebody tell me exactly what the neptunes have as there set up..."

or

"I f***ing hate the Neptune!! What about you?"

type of post.

... and to KevinDetroit,

thanks for pointing out that quote used and spreading some knowledge to that whole situation.

One

Previously visited this side: friends of good music!

Last Update at the 04/05/2002

After various entrances, among other things in the Tornescher Openair, on television, on festivals and also already twice on the sold out Batavia we have circumnavigates in the last year barely, but elegantly a mutiny. At the same time a Crew-member went to be sure over board. Then we did not appear a year and were in the dry cover and in the practice room. There it closed however then yet not very drily, and we suddenly had again full wind in the sails.

What was already long clear in the celebrating to us, prevails now also in the music: on a leg, one cannot stand, and we so expanded the textual focal points of the last years by musical. We have refines the good old pieces of the coasts program, mainly through now from file Backgroundgesang in the volume absolutely balanced out in the mean time. In addition we included a couple of hit of the last time of Cheryl Crow, Tracy Chapman etc in the program. So the geese skin pieces, ballad become and whale catcher songs around Groove and lightness supplemented. New also a program part oriented very rechargeable battery table will be, in which all lighters might be claimed.

This entire mixture out of skirt, Folk, jazz and chirped becomes embodied through the warm, expressive voice of front woman Maren Haferlach. It will be supported of all other Crew-members, that Frank Hehnke at the percussion, Holger small at the guitar, yoke Kuik at the bass and Henning baths man at the E-guitar. We look forward to our fans.

Cool interview one thing u can say the neptunes stay "doing them" .It's always interesting to hear what gear poeple use i am curious does anyone know what Kayne West sequences with? I have herd he also uses an asr-10,not sure he sequences with it though .If anyone has any info on that it would be cool.

I can't agree with them about the ASR-10. That was the very first synth I ownedand I sold that thing a couple years ago. Aside from the effects, I hated that thing. And for the most part, I don't like the Neptunes music.

It's always good to read something that demystifies the 'magic' that producers have created around them. It's gear, and good songwriting can be done on a casio.

Gear snobbery is the biggest ill in the music industry.

spexxx

LOL he says they started out on a drum machine they stole from guitar center... ha! who says you need to spend $$$ to make beats!

Wow this interview is old! I remember reading this at least 4 years back. I'm sure theyve upgraded/incorporated more items into their setup.
I wouldn't be surprised if they're onto a Neko now.

Interesting point in the interview is all the sequencing was done on the 01/W because Pharell didn't wanna learn a new seqeuncer.

A sequencer is just that, a sequencer - something to sequence your projects on, so I never understand hate FL Studio gets. You get out of the sequencer what you put in.

i don't think i remember making that prior comment of mine ..? lol. but i saw a picture of pharrell using logic now. he also uses vsts, i can hear it in a lot the new ish.

Back