Hot (The) Moments sample. (FL users who hate will soon love)

BattleToads

Ok, so I don't post many threads here, as I am respectfully up and coming and not at all an expert. Either way, my thread a couple days ago just recently got 6 pages long and a bunch of FL users got really upset. Not only was ya'll upset, ya'll dissed my flip like it sucked or something. The chops were precise, the drums are intricate and perfectly layed out, yet since the master volume on the track was low and no compression or eq'n had been done...the FL crowd claimed how TERRIBLE my flip was. That is the problem with you dime a dozen producers...your ears are somehow seperated from your other 4 senses. No imagination, short attention span, etc.

The way music is made today (lots of compression and brightness) you expect products to be cookie cut and accomodating just like your pirated software.

This is just a demo, but it is the SAME exact flip from before...just turned up.

Side note: Since a lot of you rely on your Dell laptop speakers, it is indeed going to sound ****ty the second time around. Get some monitors or nice headphones (I sometimes forget you can't download these in a torrent and do not take it into consideration).
http://www.divshare.com/download/10438134-351

Last edited:
The beat isn't bad at all. Just the high are REALLY high and there's not really any thump to the kick. Oh, and there is no bass line..

I appreciate the feedback. And I'm not by any means trying to become the next Robot Sunset Extreme* on this website. The kicks in my opinion hit hard, I refrain from using 808's or heavy bass lines. The artist (links for him coming soon) on the said track likes 9th Wonder (I know he has dope bass lines but he also eq's his samples up HIGH) and Daedelus (kooky weird trip hop kinda stuff)...

So, in all reality, I'm looking out for my artist. My versatality ranges however, can't say ish about this bass not knocking on this current instrumental I made for another artist.

http://www.divshare.com/download/10377279-1d1

*Some douche bag who thinks he is original and witty and stirs up crap on this website.

i like the flip. just wonderin why u castigate everybody who uses a certain program lol. Im 20 yrs old and broke as a joke, i cant afford an MPC or pretty much anything else so i use the bootleg FL 9. i think i'm very creative, and every flip i do is completely different (sometimes i have as many as 30 diff. instruments in each composition). i'm not heated at all, just wonderin why u wanna open up a can of worms like that. i aint tryin to wine, but that shyt aint fair or right.

-again, nice flip. maybe bring up the low-mid in ur kick and it'll punch more

So you make a thread knocking FL users, than you get mad because people hate on you?

SMFH

I wasn't "mad". It is amazing that you can assume my emotions just by browsing this website.

Other than that, your beats aren't terrible and I assume you use FL...so you can take your questions for me regarding my happiness or madness somewhere else.

i like the flip. just wonderin why u castigate everybody who uses a certain program lol. Im 20 yrs old and broke as a joke, i cant afford an MPC or pretty much anything else so i use the bootleg FL 9. i think i'm very creative, and every flip i do is completely different (sometimes i have as many as 30 diff. instruments in each composition). i'm not heated at all, just wonderin why u wanna open up a can of worms like that. i aint tryin to wine, but that shyt aint fair or right.

-again, nice flip. maybe bring up the low-mid in ur kick and it'll punch more

I wouldn't take anything I say too seriously. I'm 23, it's taken me many years to build my arsenal, but I'm only half-serious when I mention FL.

I understand that if you learn the ins and outs of software (even crappy software like FL) your end result can be a dope beat. FL only takes you so far, let it be a stepping stone, don't be afraid to try other software or learn other things.

I wasn't "mad". It is amazing that you can assume my emotions just by browsing this website.

Other than that, your beats aren't terrible and I assume you use FL...so you can take your questions for me regarding my happiness or madness somewhere else.

Just checked the beat I loved it.....its really up there on Kanye/Premo level....good job man...you must be an MPC user?

Your tone changed a lot! Haha. Thanks for the feedback and love. You'll see me posting a lot of stuff here in the near future with this artist and a few others who are all on my team now.

annnnnd I wish I made 1,000 bucks on that beat. Haha.

I can tell....that beat was incredible, almost God-Like, I could mos def see that one selling for at least $1,000 (minimum if not more.) Good Job man.
wow somebody laid it on thick...real thick i think the beat is just ok not something i would rap over but if the lack of a great beat didnt mess it up your salty attitude did

op....dude you're just a straight up condescending snobby douchebag. Everything you say is a backhanded comment in some way shape or form....go away...seriously. Btw the flip still sucks. I have monitors and can barely still hear your drums...am i supposed to crank my **** up to full blast? Back to the drawing board my friend.

Oh and don't for get the people who think, "Oh, you can't get quality or you can't make a hit unless you have PRO TOOLS!" or even those that say, "Oh Fruity Loops? Na man that is weak! No one can make good music with that!". You my friends are idiots of the worst kind. You are fools and love to partake in ignorance. That is like saying, "Oh you have a Zune!? Na man, iPods are the only way you can listen to music with quality! Everyone knows Zune's can even play music right!". You also are idiots. I mean really? If it gets a person from A to B, A being a thought and B being a finished idea in any form. A song or any personal medium being physical or not was once a idea, furthermore, anything that helps them accomplish that idea into a finished product is simply a tool.

Read the full article on:
http://obiaudio.com/Articles/Production/Hardware Vs Software.Html

You should really read it homie,

Your beat was decent, But the drums aint knockin' like you said

Last edited:
Back