Soulja Boy ft. Drake - "Play Ball"

on the cool soulja boy is pretty whack..and I wasnt impressed by either of there performaces on this track...beat included

..but maybe I'm just a hater tho

on the cool soulja boy is pretty whack..and I wasnt impressed by either of there performaces on this track...beat included

..but maybe I'm just a hater tho

No hate, just reality. The song is wack and if you are a rapper...Drake.....that have no real story to tell......Drake......you don't......Drake......belong in this industry......Drake. We don't need rappers with no street cred making up stories and freestyling on album tracks anymore, shyts lame.

Edit: Just listened, at least Soulja Boy is actually trying to rap now.[/QUOTE]

just listened to this song and its true soulja boy did actually try to rap on it. the fact that a rapper with a record deal is "trying" to actually rap for a change is comical to me.

its interesting how on here this song got a pretty good reception but everywhere else on the internet its getting hated on. a lot.

and come on, don't lie. this is horrible.

Last edited:
This song a no go tho. I hope this isn't the only song him and Drizzy did...

lowkey sounds like drake "helped" soulja out on his verse. It sounds like all the metaphors are forced in souljas verse. Its like he was pressured being on the track with drake. This is a step above from souljas previous work however it does not sound natural. the overall track is good tho i think drake nailed it as usual.

lies..all lies

im always looking to learn something new so if there are better producers than them please provide an alternative list?

For the record cant believe i forgot khrysis!

and i would say 9th but hes got a mpc2500 now :cool:

Last edited:
im always looking to learn something new so if there are better producers than them please provide an alternative list?

For the record cant believe i forgot khrysis!

and i would say 9th but hes got a mpc2500 now :cool:
Haha! Actually Khrysis doesn't even use FL Studio anymore. He uses Reason & an ASR.

Also, Swiff D is FL Studio user.

soulja boys ALWAYS been wack, will be wack forever, and drake just comes nice on every track. nothing ever over spectacular..

actually drake is spectacular usually the first time i heard him i was like "wow this guy does exactly what everyone else is trying to do except he does it 10 times better than anyone"

Soulja Boy was just imitating Drakes style because he was on a Drake track lol. He was just doing Drake on a Drake track. I've heard him rap in multiple styles and various tracks. It's not a big song it's just a recording which is good for what it is. It's good for a few listens even if it's the usual stuff. Simple but a good blend of the usual urban pop elements

Again, Soulja Boy ****ed up another decent track, just like that "I Can Make the Hoes Dance" beat from Polow. That beat could have been turned into a hit, but Soulja Boy ruins anything he's on, without exception.. I would have liked to hear Drake spit full time on this beat, he woulda killed it.

"I ain't never graduated, I ain't got no cap and gown."-Drake
Wonder if this is true?..................

song was ok. Soulja Boy sounded ok,a lil out of his element. Drake was sick as usual. Drake and Timberland "Say Sumthin" is better tho

I'm a fan of Boi1da and Drake but this crap was horrible... Probably shouldn't be released.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a fan of Boi1da and Drake but this crap was horrible... Probably shouldn't be released.

boi 1da and drake did their thing it was soulja boy who messed it up:

"Cheese all on me just like a Dorito"= FAIL

these are rhymes that 12 year olds write

Back