It's a wrap! Good bye musicians...

B

biggrome

Yep, the days of piano lessons are done. Midi Madness will generate an infinite number of midi patterns... see vid. You pick the synth you want the pattern to play, rinse, repeat until you have a song....

... and yes, I'm buying it after I type this message.

Should've kept this to myself and had everybody tell me how dope I am after I get used to using it, lol. Beats in 30 minutes or less.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are into that kind of stuff FL9 will have a "Riff Machine". It's already in the 8.5 beta, but as far as infos got leaked it will be enhanced to the extent that you just press "generate" and you'll get your song done.

With the version I'm testing you can create a melody out of:
- chord
- chord progession
- arpeggiation
- flips/mirrors
- humanization of several levels like pan, volume, filter cutoffs, etc..
- a randomization seed (for things not to become too repetitive)
- groove quantization
- key range to be used + keyscale

Never used it, though. An easter-egg it has implemented, is that if you're ready to click "ACCEPT" it asks you to "ACCEPT being uncreative" :p :D

That is bull ****! Rome and you know it lol how uncreative is that for real i made a beat just using a mouse and fl and it was not fun! Lol peeps learn your piano theory and don't be dependent on midi chords and scales! Lol ha ha ha ha

i'm out!

that plugin is hella gay lol . good find
but the one thing we all want to know, is this compatible with "beetmaker v2.3" and the "ganstanator" madulator aswell ?

but the one thing we all want to know, is this compatible with "beetmaker v2.3" and the "ganstanator" madulator aswell ?
I'm afraid they don't share the same GPF (GullabilityPlusFaith) port.
They actually might, but I'm too busy sorting my Pokemon cards to try it out right now.

Last edited:
I see the bigger picture, REASON seems to be mainly for techno too but a lot of people make Hip Hop with it.

Ahh... just select a chord, sit back and select 2 or 3 different synth sounds... stack 'em up... make a drum pattern... perfect banga... all done.

You'll sit and toil trying to find melodies... I'll just click the GO button.

I'll sit here on Sundays and make about 300 midi clips, next sunday select a synth and match the clips to sounds out of that synth and export 8 bars of each and rex em up in Recycle and sell 'em all as a bi weekly refill.... ahhh the joys of technology.

Select chord, select sound, select bar length... perfect midi clip... what more could you ask for....

why dont they just choose the chord and key aswell , and just make the whole interface a giant "go" button ? is the "choosing chord" and "scale" option supposed to make the user feel like he did something ?

I'm gonna get this soon as i can. Like i've said before melodies are my worst weakness when it comes to producing.

I was gonna resort to melody loops and construction kits but this might save me money.

BTW i've found it really weird that their isn't some plug in that can transpose things in to different keys too.

The less experienced key players (like me) play things best in C Major. If i could play the rythm i wanted in C Major then i'd be able to transpose it into another key with a couple mouse clicks.

Of course then you'd have to change the ups and downs but that's easy.

And is there a plug in that highlights certain keys that are in certain keys. SO i could tell it A Minor and on my piano roll all of them keys would be highlighted?

And can anyone recommend a light-up midi keyboard i can but to help me learn the keys or play quicker instead of having to keep check a piece of paper to check i've played the right notes?

its a music robot... awesome!!! (sarcasm...)

Man that just takes the joy out of music... pretty soon Ill be able to get a plug-in to pleasure my chick too... oh wait, they already have those...

I see the bigger picture, REASON seems to be mainly for techno too but a lot of people make Hip Hop with it.

Ahh... just select a chord, sit back and select 2 or 3 different synth sounds... stack 'em up... make a drum pattern... perfect banga... all done.

You'll sit and toil trying to find melodies... I'll just click the GO button.

I'll sit here on Sundays and make about 300 midi clips, next sunday select a synth and match the clips to sounds out of that synth and export 8 bars of each and rex em up in Recycle and sell 'em all as a bi weekly refill.... ahhh the joys of technology.

Select chord, select sound, select bar length... perfect midi clip... what more could you ask for....

Really good idea rome. I could be a hit factory. Make 100 beats a day. ANd i could go back and finishe the 150 or so melody-less projects i've started.

But that refill thing is a good idea. I want to start a website within the next year when my production career is moving. I was gonna use it mostly for selling beats but also have articles, videos and recources for everything on the music industry. Also a forum and networking space.

If it got the traffic it would be everything FP is and should be.

I was thinking i'd keep it for free and get paid off of ad's but this could definately be a big income generator. Selling Sounds too. Drums, FX, melodies everything. All i'd need to do is find a few thousand different synth sound and i'd be set.

Kinda off-topic if i got melodyne dna could i take a sample and move all the notes? Split the chords? So it's like i'm makiing it from scratch? That way i could sample and interpolate stuf better. I could change keys. note lengths, rythms, everything.

And can it seperate sound based on frequencty and timing? So i can analyze something by telling it the rough time a certain sound is playing and the rough frequency off it?

I've seen something like this happen with Photosounder but the guy's only got like 1 video upp for it removing a west coast sine whistle which is the highest frequency sound there.

It's not that expensive so i was thinking of buying it and trying it but i can't use Photoshop. If i learned it would take me at least half a year to get good enough. I'd try it though if i knew someone who can use Photoshop though.

Maybe i'll do that.

That thing is awesome, embrace technology.

People are already using computer keyboards to play melody's.Are computers instruments?

You dinosaurs, lol.

I'm going to teach my 9 year old son how to use this thing and tell him to never tell anybody and he's going to be in the beat battles section just wreckin' dudes that spend hours on beats...

I'm going to teach my 9 year old son how to use this thing and tell him to ...
Problem is that he then will probably be one of the guys asking stupid questions on internet forums like "which sound engine does sound the bestest?" lol

Problem is that he then will probably be one of the guys asking stupid questions on internet forums like "which sound engine does sound the bestest?" lol

Everybody knows the best sound engine belongs to Samplitude... duh.... lol.

I'm serious though. I dont care about null tests and all that stuff. I go with the good old fashioned ear test.

Back