School Shooting.

Question? If a kid get's killed by a drunk driver, do you blame the driver of the car, the car itself, or the booze? Do you then go on to question the legality of drinking and how responsible one should be to have a license?

Because while booze and driving are both legal, driving while drunk is ILLEGAL. Just like gun ownership is legal, but cold blooded murder is not.

We're just looking for something to blame because the actual shooter isn't around to face consequences of what he did and we feel someone has to.

No one blame the theatre shooting on "gun laws", because you can actually see the guy behind the killings rotting behind bars and feel justice has been served.

Not a very good analogy IMHO .
Most people need a car for daily life , getting to work etc .
Without car wagons etc , life would grind to a halt pretty quick .
This cannot be said of guns .

For those saying there are not enough guns in the hands of good people , ask your self these questions .
Why do you think the good people don't have guns ?
How many of these massacres have been stopped by ordinary "good" people carrying guns ?

If we want to get overdetailed let's not just leave it to emphasis on the guns. People don't need expensive cars, foreign cars ruin the economy(while most guns in the hands of registered users were made in the U.S.), they have negative impacts on the environment. Plenty of people have the choice to carpool who don't, plenty of people(including myself)own more cars than there are people in the household who drive. And NO ONE NEEDS ALCOHOL. So we should just ban it as well, right?

I own 3 cars to my 1 registered never even shot handgun kept in a locked case. I have booze all around me as I type, statistically I'm more likely to run someone over drunk than I am likely to shoot someone, even after taking my urban ethnicity into consideration. EVERYONE IN THIS COUNTRY IS MORE LIKELY TO KILL OR DIE. IN A VEHICLE THAN FROM A GUNSHOT.

We see 26 dead white women and children's faces and get overwhelmed. That's a weekend in Chicago, and neither is equivalent to what we do to ourselves with CARS.

Guns are a needed for everything from hunting to security. While some find these things ridiculous, it's no more ridiculous than a car is to a guy with a bus pass or who catches the train every morning.

And an AR-15 is no more/less over the top than a Porsche. Both are excessive, but who are we to judge the guy enjoying them UNTIL they kill someone...which the guy in the Porsche is more likely to do. :cheers:

Next we can go on to fattening foods. Unprotected sex. Let's just lobotomize people, It's alot quicker than banning every threat to life and penalizing the people who actually do handle these things responsibly while the irresponsible would carry on no differently.

You're not abiding by or thinking about ANY laws when you go shoot up a school full of kids after KILLING your MOM and STEALING her weapon.

If I ever premeditate shooting someone, I'm not using my registered gun, it will still have never been shot until the day an intruder threatens my family. I'd use something that ends up in the bottom of a river with no trace to me whatsoever. BANNING GUNS JUST HELPS MAKE THINGS LESS TRACKABLE.

We still wouldn't know where the shooter obtained his weapon, lol.

Last edited:
Still not a good analogy IMHO :)

Either way , one thing that does seem very common to these kind of events is the press coverage .
Do they behave responsibly or do they actually serve to perpetuate this cycle ?
Remember the press make lots of money out of these "events" .
I don't mean the press have interests in perpetuation or copycats , I mean they make as big a deal of these things as possible , hyping , end up making the gunman look like some "cool" Tarrantino style physco .

^^^Agreed. That just makes the next loser who would otherwise leave no legacy whatsoever consider these types of incidents as options to give themselves a sense of importance. That's always bothered me. The coverage just makes the next guy say "what can I do to outperform what they just did"?

^^^Agreed. That just makes the next loser who would otherwise leave no legacy whatsoever consider these types of incidents as options to give themselves a sense of importance. That's always bothered me. The coverage just makes the next guy say "what can I do to outperform what they just did"?

Yup. And with Sandy Hook in particular, showing dude's face all day is a dick move. You have all these parents who just lost their children to some psycho, and they KNOW who did it, and they KNOW what he looks like, and they KNOW they can't do a single thing about it. They can't go kill him themselves, they can't get him put away, nothing. They can only look at the killer of their children on TV for hours on end. It's sad.

And I recommend you hit the shooting range and shoot a box or two. Having a gun that's never been shot, and depending on it to save your life, is not exactly safe.

Last edited:
^^^It is when it's bought just a couple years back brand new(Glock .45) and you know guns. If it doesn't work and someone is endangering my family, means it was our time to go(both very unlikely scenarios with a brand new gun and the fact i don't bother nobody, most I'd expect is a B & E where they'd run before I got a shot off anyway).

If I hit the range with it, then I'm gonna have to shoot it every once in a while to make sure it still works. At this point in my life, I'm not that much of a gun guy. Had one in my glove compartment of my car(unregistered of course) that I KNEW worked up until about 2 years ago when I almost shot someone in a club parking lot for asking too many questions about my jewelry, realized I'm at the point in my life that I'm better off without one. :cheers:

Last edited:
^^^It is when it's bought just a couple years back brand new(Glock .45) and you know guns. If it doesn't work and someone is endangering my family, means it was our time to go(both very unlikely scenarios with a brand new gun and the fact i don't bother nobody, most I'd expect is a B & E where they'd run before I got a shot off anyway).

If I hit the range with it, then I'm gonna have to shoot it every once in a while to make sure it still works. At this point in my life, I'm not that much of a gun guy. Had one in my glove compartment of my car(unregistered of course) that I KNEW worked up until about 2 years ago when I almost shot someone in a club parking lot for asking too many questions about my jewelry, realized I'm at the point in my life that I'm better off without one. :cheers:

Brand new guns malfunction all the time, even Glocks (as reliable as they are), but I'm not gonna bug you about it. Cheers.

^^^As said, that means it was my time.

The probability of someone coming in my home with the intensions to harm my household are close to none. If I get to that breifcase and open it load my weapon and it misfires, it was meant to be. My wife would be on the phone with 911 by then, and if I don't get the drop on the intruder and he's armed a misfire won't matter. Never said I didn't have anything else in the house either.

Not sure about you, I put things in place so I don't end up killing someone over nothing. I can see myself doing so before I can see a direct threat to my fam doing the same. May sound like dumb reasoning, but that keeps me sleeping better than easy access to a weapon I'm too familiar with. In my old age I've learned the less I play with guns the better. I start doing stupid stuff. I have past experience with both methods of keeping weapons. Prefer having to work hard to get to one and crossing my fingers if I need it.:cheers:

The fact I even put my biz up here should let you know it's my least of worries, lol. But all you've made me want to do is go in the backyard and squeeze off a few rounds. That's how I used to check em. Wrong neighborhood for that though, lol.

Last edited:

The probability of someone coming in my home with the intensions to harm my household are close to none. If I get to that breifcase and open it load my weapon and it misfires, it was meant to be. My wife would be on the phone with 911 by then, and if I don't get the drop on the intruder and he's armed a misfire won't matter. Never said I didn't have anything else in the house either.

Not sure about you, I put things in place so I don't end up killing someone over nothing. I can see myself doing so before I can see a direct threat to my fam doing the same. May sound like dumb reasoning, but that keeps me sleeping better than easy access to a weapon I'm too familiar with. In my old age I've learned the less I play with guns the better. I start doing stupid stuff. I have past experience with both methods of keeping weapons. Prefer having to work hard to get to one and crossing my fingers if I need it.:cheers:

The fact I even put my biz up here should let you know it's my least of worries, lol. But all you've made me want to do is go in the backyard and squeeze off a few rounds. That's how I used to check em. Wrong neighborhood for that though, lol.

haha man do you. I ain't nobody's daddy.

Well for home defence , I still have my American Akita .
He's big enough and nasty enough to take care of a couple of intruders .
Anything other than that , well I am in UK and guns are illegal , but an intruder may accidentally touch one of my electronic projects and get a very high voltage shock (over 50,000 volts) .
It is illegal to own a stun gun in UK , bu there's nothing illegal about an electronics engineer having high voltage projects at home ! :)

Well for home defence , I still have my American Akita .
He's big enough and nasty enough to take care of a couple of intruders .
Anything other than that , well I am in UK and guns are illegal , but an intruder may accidentally touch one of my electronic projects and get a very high voltage shock (over 50,000 volts) .
It is illegal to own a stun gun in UK , bu there's nothing illegal about an electronics engineer having high voltage projects at home ! :)

Creative! HAHAHAHA

That's actually a pretty mature view of gun control. Keeps you from shooting someone out of anger or getting shot by someone because your gun is so easy to reach

Back