10 Things they don’t tell Music Producers…. til it’s too late

Great info. I am a strong believer that it requires a disciplined person to create music prolifically. I understand that many academic musicians claim the idea of musicianship for themselves and define songwriters, producers and others outside of the realm of musicians. To hear a producer accept that travesty of language is unfortunate.

Thanks for the great advice.

Such a great content!!! Makes me think about the producer of the first album of the artist Lorde. She was able to make her own decisions, for example the time she denied to open Katy Perry concerts.

Late as hell, but this is really useful, thanks a lot dude. I felt guilty cause I used chords from deadmau5's sample pack in my last track but this has eased my mind!

wow...reading this I'm thinking I some years ago went totally the wrong way. I used to be real creative and wrote music much without a thought of it being original or good or bad and so on, like you should. Then I came to a point were I went in to some kind of writer's block. I produced absolutely nothing, not anything came out you know. I think I convinced my self that I needed to create something that no one ever heard before (I know it's so stupid). Of course that only created nothing but a writer's block. I then started to read on forums like this and watching tons of youtube tutorials and urging for gear I probably didn't need. Did it help? No.

Really good post, I can totally relate. Never forget practice, and don't practice perfect. Just do.

Though... reading on forums and watching youtube is fun even if it doesn't give much. :)

I greatly appreciate your words of wisdom man! Everything you said is dead on and I can speak from experience, as a musician who never intentionally sought out producing (it really just dropped into my lap) I can say that I wasn't quick to pursue all of the "knowledge" rather I just went to work. As I've gotten better and have continued to produce music I find myself doing more research and looking for a little more knowledge, but I can say that's only about 15% of the time. I'm glad to have stumbled across this post, awesome reminders and excellent motivation!

Back