Do You Use Logic + Reason or Logic as a Standalone?

me1999now

Anyone out there move from using Reason to Logic? I got a copy of Logic Studio 9 that came with a used Macbook that I bought off of somebody. I've been using Reason + Live but am feeling Logic after my man who sold me the Macbook showed me what it can do. One thing that he menioned is that I won't need Reason any more if I'm using Logic.

I'm interested in hearing from producers out there that use Logic and Reason or from people that left Reason all together after switching to Logic. I'd like to know why you kept both or why you fully migrated to Logic from Reason.

Thanks in advance.

When I was researching about different software for producing, I chose Logic because it pretty much has everything you need in one program. Reason is really good as well for making music, but you still have to get Record to, of course, record =D.

You can't go wrong with either one, all of them are really great tools. Its just a matter of learning how to use them and making something out of them. I would just rather do everything in one program, instead of switching to another one for different purposes.

Reason is really good as well for making music, but you still have to get Record to, of course, record =D.
there is always the reason record duo package which is still $100 cheaper than logic if u want to go that route and its all in one program or rewire reason to whatever also. just kinda adding to this concept

Thanks for the response guys. Any people out there that went from Reason to Logic? I'm curious to see how many people Logic totally replaced Reason for and how many still use Reason by rewiring it into Logic.

Thanks again.

ive been using Reason for about 4 years now....just recently purchased my first mac, so i went and got Logic....i tried to make a beat using Logic for about 3 hours and still never finished one....but then, i went and opened Reason on my PC, and i made a BANGER in less than 20 mins.....dont know, guess im just more familiar with Reason...

i use both, reason is always a great program to rewire because hands down reason is powerful, so . . if you know whatchu doing . it can get UGLY real quick . "If it aint Logic it dont make sense" - CZO

Hi, If you can afford it get them both. They both have there differences but put together you won't have to spend another dime on any DAW ever again. If you want refills for Reason is just about all you'll ever have to spend if you want to. To boot Logic is now 64-bit ---makes doing the job go faster than ever. Logic rocks. Most people get a bit taken back at all there is to it. 9.1.7 didn't miss a beat with this upgrade.
Reason and Logic together you'll have it all.

when it comes right down to having to make a choice Logic rules. It works with any other DAW out there. " the environment " in Logic can use any piece of gear you have in your studio it's just a matter of setting it up correctly.

Rock on

I went from Korg D3200 To Imac Crazy Hell with a used Imac Donated to Me with Reason 5? and Logic 9....Very Fun 66% of the time...some days I want to burn all 3...They all Won't make a System Together That works For Me...I PLAY BASS GUITAR and Guitar and sing...and Enjoy Mega Tracking....in my first 5 months ..I still don't have My old "turn on 1 switch and Roll set -up"..any Ideas to Incorporate ALL 3 ?..The Happiest way ..

Logic 9

Hi, sorry to hear your frustration. First it is 64-bit not 32 it but you can adjust to use 32 bit. Any midi device will solve most of your issues. The device made by Apogee the GIO was specifically designed for this software which surpasses Pro Tools. Many will argue this but those who have been using Logic since it's inception will tell you there is nothing Pro tools can do that Logic Studio cannot do and more. macprovideo.com is an excellent place to start as they were the original designers of the software and produce great video instruction in all areas of Logic pro 9.1.7. and MainStage. Efficient use of ram and amount is important and hard drive space. Apogee's GIO will solve over half of your problems if not more. Logic Pro can incorporate any DAW on the market into it through the newly added AUX channel. macprovideo.com and the forum will get you up and running in no time. This is a top of the line software package so if your expecting a push a button and all is setup and you want quality this is not the package for you. Some of the top Hollywood producers and recording artists use Logic Pro from initial recording techniques to mastering. Nine inch nails not one of my favorite bands it is all they use for all they do. :-) Also the new Axiom pro with Hyper Control is an excellent midi device which has the ability to incorporate the use of IPAD the gains made by Logic Pro continue. Watch some videos on you tube from Nine Inch Nails and others and see for yourself. Oh you can incorporate Reason right into Logic pro as stated above and ANY DAW on the market.

Peace

Last edited:
I am Noticing That I have All The Capabilities..with Reason 5 and Logic pro9it is Just Deciding What is Best?..I've Rewired..and Midi controlled from Logic to reason..Ive used Reason alone..and Later used Logic for Mixdown..I also have Final cut Pro ....I guess That does 5.1 ..and Has FX..But I'm Not FEELING THIS STUFF YET..after the initial song or two ..I think it all sounds The same?...Thanks For your Words..I'll keep Trying ..My Extra monitor went down Yesterday ..LMAO..So I'm Even a bit less Inspired ..But I bang away and hope something Sticks in My Brain..Cheers and Thank you Jp

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Thanks Man...I'm all set Up with rewire and a few templates and My Brain is just Trying To calm Down ..lol...I'm Just needing to Know where and How to store shit ..I lose stuff in This Frankenstiened Computer ..and I am New to Imac..so I just wish I knew I was doing THE RIGHT THINGS!!!...Cheers and Thanks

I am a new producer, and purchased logic about 8 months ago. Logic is fairly easy to learn, took me about 6 months to start producing decent stuff. The workflow is somewhat slow with arranging and what not, but after trying several other daws: REASON, ABLETON, CUBASE. I suppose it is a personal preference really, but in my oppinion logic is a fine software, is very intuitive, and just makes a lot of sense (for the most part), and version 9 is i believe 200$ right now, it has a great array of virtual instruments, samplers, drum machines, effects, etc. and most everything you would need to master or mix an album. I highly recommend it, and if you only like it for certain things you can always rewire/ etc. and would def be a good addition to you arsenal. Hip hop production is pretty decent on logic, but I have found it stands out in producing house and more electronic type of music (for me anyways). But is good all around. 5*+++++

Last edited:
Logic is Good For Me Too As A 6 Month User...

I Like All The Tracks And Stuff ..I have Just Lost My 2nd Monitor So My Reason 5 Rewire-ing Has Gotten A bit Tedious...I'd Love To Compare Notes ..I am In A rush To Finish a Tune Today ..And I Don't Know How To "friend And Such On This Site ..But Hit Me up With a Friend Request?..And Lets Talk Shop ..Cheers And Merry Rockin'!!!

Im using logic 8 at School and i dont Thing you really Need reason if youve got logic, because of all the build in sounds of logic.

i use both but i dont really rewire. some days i just like to work in Reason, some Logic. doesnt have to be an either or situation. You certainly can rewire into Logic and thats something that I may do more now that Reason has rack extensions that I cant get as a plugin for Logic. but if you already have some high end plugins in Logic like NI Komplete, then Reason isnt all that necessary. I like Reason due to the filters you can now use for Guitar and you cant use them in rewire mode.

what drums do you use ?..What Pianos Do You Like?...I Like REAL ..ROCK Sounds...VERY little Hip Hop $ Techno ..IF ANY ..So I try To Get REAL SAMPLES ..Of My Own PREVIOUS MASTERs ..but I Would Like To Know What Others Like?..Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

what drums do you use ?..What Pianos Do You Like?...I Like REAL ..ROCK Sounds...VERY little Hip Hop $ Techno ..IF ANY ..So I try To Get REAL SAMPLES ..Of My Own PREVIOUS MASTERs ..but I Would Like To Know What Others Like?..Thanks

Back