nonexclusive beats?

Im just going to keep making fire tracks. And hustle. So when I make money off non Exlsuive tracks and you dont well dont hate me because i play the game. We all love music, but must hustle to make it. Non exclusive is part of the buisness.

Word!

I personaly believe that those producers selling non-exclusive beats are just there to take advantage of young artist that are foolish enough to think that with 10 or 15 beats, a mic, they will become the next 50cent.

On a side note this line of thinking could easily be used to discredit the sampling of previously recorded matierial...

only if you're really not as good as you think you are

the proof is in the pudding, yall can debate this for years but the reality is producers on soundclick or wherever who are hot and market there beats correctly are making a killing leasing out tracks in real life. if the beat is hot the artist is gonna get on it. example: the amilli beat.. everyone and they momma rapped to that joint regardless of the fact it was already hot with wayne on it.. also vybebeatz. that leasing game got em a placement with travis porter "all the way turnt up".. that song is killing out here in atl.. yall talking in theory, im talkin in reality

two other examples
kane beatz
apex
both made a decent income and gained enough exposure to secure major placements from the online leasing game.. google them.. its real money

All the artists that want to be an artist buy exclusive beats. All this bull**** that people want to sell the same beat over and over is stupid. lol I mean if my beat blows up I want that artist that bought it to be like yea this **** right here is mine not have 20 other dudes running around with it. Non exclusive beats are offered by (kids) that want to be a producer that use illegal software and virus infested PC's that have no clue about this. For the real producers we create exclusive original material that's unique and alot of time went into it making it sound professional not a loop with drums samples that took 5 minutes of our time.

i agree. this is a gd thread

Im just going to keep making fire tracks. And hustle. So when I make money off non Exlsuive tracks and you dont well dont hate me because i play the game. We all love music, but must hustle to make it. Non exclusive is part of the buisness.

right. thatz az black and white az you can make it.

If ni66az puttin out garbage n tryin 2 sell it then so be it. non exclusive is part of the game. If tha artists paying for those leases accept the fact that they are leases and other artists have them than that iz a mutual understanding. if they want custom beatz they need to ask about that. mean while money iz made leasing till the beat iz sold. If somebody does blow up off a track like that, what difference does it make, just like everybody has that amili beat

A song is what defines an artists identity. No "real" artist will use the same backing music for a song on his album which has already been on someone elses album.

cosign.gif

latepass.gif

therockitscientist and others touch on this....the music business is just that, a business.therefore you hope to make money from said business.both ways have the potential to make money.they are just two different business models aimed at there own specific customer base.if you want specl sauce you go to mickie d's,If you want flame broiled you go see the king.I for one as a customers like having a choice

Wow, I read this whole thread...Even if you go non-exclusive you should charge at least $35 for your beats. It costs that much to copyright.

If you're "selling" beats, or not, if you're creating works, they should be copyrighted. You can end up in deep ish if you're selling works as your own and someone else copyrights it. That's really all we have.

There was alot of good information given in this thread, and some garbage. It is up to ourselves to ultimately educate ourselves. Lawyers don't want to hear "But I read it on FP" lol. Do your homework and if you are serious about what you do, get legal advice.

Thanks for the good read.

also i hate selling an exclusive beat to a ****ty myspace rapper who uses a 5 dollar mic they bought at k mart. int he short run the cash is nice but then somebodey tight or a big name may want that beat down the line but u already sold it exclusive to this guy n i like to keep my word so i dont resell that ebat but its torutre. you can sell a 200 dolalr exclusive to some no name but what if 3 years later somwhere down the road snoop or the game stumbles ontot hat beat but cant use it now, was it worth the 200 dolalrs. thats why non exclusive is good lol.

"No "real" artist will use the same backing music for a song on his album which has already been on someone elses album."

Yeah and how many of real artists buyed ur beats?

People have a "dream" to become rappers or whatever and they need it for a mixtape. Paying alot of $$$ for exclusive isnt option for them so they buy NE for mixtape and if they get sign or whatever theyll not have much problems to get better and exclusive beats later...
U wanna buy NE beats for 3 cents? Go ahead but if u wanna buy mine ull pay 19.99

Well, the beat-biting thing is kind of hot right now. Just look at Wayne with "No Ceilings" and Lupe with "Enemy of the State".

I'm currently working on a mix tape with both original beats and some well established ones as well. Should be hot. Labeled "Tryouts".

"No "real" artist will use the same backing music for a song on his album which has already been on someone elses album."

Yeah and how many of real artists buyed ur beats?

People have a "dream" to become rappers or whatever and they need it for a mixtape. Paying alot of $$$ for exclusive isnt option for them so they buy NE for mixtape and if they get sign or whatever theyll not have much problems to get better and exclusive beats later...
U wanna buy NE beats for 3 cents? Go ahead but if u wanna buy mine ull pay 19.99

also i hate selling an exclusive beat to a ****ty myspace rapper who uses a 5 dollar mic they bought at k mart. int he short run the cash is nice but then somebodey tight or a big name may want that beat down the line but u already sold it exclusive to this guy n i like to keep my word so i dont resell that ebat but its torutre. you can sell a 200 dolalr exclusive to some no name but what if 3 years later somwhere down the road snoop or the game stumbles ontot hat beat but cant use it now, was it worth the 200 dolalrs. thats why non exclusive is good lol.

Exactly. People who rap try to put out multiple mixtapes to build up buzz. Most young new rappers/emcees can't afford to buy 10-15 beats exclusive. That eats up the limited budget of said artist.

And I agree with the second quote. I know a kid who's a dope producer but he's at a stand still because he thinks most people trying to buy beats are wack, and I agree.:) But I told him, man sell nonexclusive and get your money. He sells beats to me too. But I'm not too worried because I believe in my ability as an emcee. It doesn't matter who uses the same beat as me I'm still gonna shine and hopefully one day be able to pay for exclusives.

depends on your way of leasing. Most people on soundclick use the term 'lease' and 'leases' the beat to multiple artists. We just made up a new definition of the word 'lease' for online sales because in reality, leases are not a one time payment. If an artist goes to an established producer and asks to lease a beat, you will be paying monthly for the beat and it is reserved for you and will not be leased/bought by any other artists aslong as u keep up with the payments. I know that Zaytoven and Drumma Boy lease beats starting around $800 a month. If the song does good and rakes in money, you should be able to buy the beat eliminating monthly payments.
I use the term lease like every other soundclick producer. I just do it to put some money in my pocket. lol.

This is actually one of the first post on here that has really made me feel like I have to say something. I've been on FP for a while, but I usually just stop through and read what everyone else is talking about and then dip, however today I feel the urge to speak on behalf of the producers who rep that "non-exclusive" market.

Leasing beats on a non-exclusive level is something that I see alot of the producers turn there nose up at and I see why in a way, but only if you haven't actually taken the time to see exactly what is going on.

Of course yeah you can say well who would want to buy a beat that 100 people have purchased before you and have made a song to, but then ask yourself this. If you were an artist who didn't have the money to go and spend say even $1,000.00 for a track, and you heard a track on the internet that was your exact vision put into instruments and it was only $10 would you not pay for it and use it?

The purpose of leasing beats non-exclusively is stricktly for the little people. People who if they didn't have this type of internet based marketing would still be online downloading the latest Drake, or Jay-Z beat to record over which would have still most likley been heard by way more people than the leased track.

It also gives producers like myself a way to earn excellent income doing what we love to do and thats make music. In no way is this form of beat selling taking away from the industry. All we are doing is selling our own production to artist who don't have the type of cash to spend on say a Timbo beat or a Kanye track.

If you could take one beat and sell it for $10.00/ 20 times a day and make $200 or $1,400.00 a week why wouldn't you? It' gives you exposure, money in your pocket, and if Jay-Z comes out and wants to purchase exclusive rights to a track you give them to him and negotiate a selling price for the really big money.

I know one thing I love making music and I love supporting my family selling my original work, and selling a big exclusive beat is the last thing on my mind right now. This type of market has opened up an avenue for beat makers like myself who would have most likely never been heard any other way to become financially independent doing what we love.

Besides, if you're hot you're hot! Jordan didn't drop the prices of his kicks just because people started making fake ones.

If anybody out there needs beats feel free to holla at me 804-503-9554 Call or text me

Back