New Names For This EDM TRAP FAD!!!!!!

Why change the name? Rap has evolved since it started, why should it stop?

lets call it music.

Too late......it already has a name. Just trying to give it a new name.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Why change the name? Rap has evolved since it started, why should it stop?

The difference is "rap" evolved and kept the same elements of what would make it "hip hop or rap". For example.......Run DMC added rock elements to hip hop.......it didn't jump start a sub genre named "rock hop".....it still remained hip hop (from what I remember). Now I may be totally wrong...it may have been called rock hop or something instead of hip hop. I've heard a lot of dancehall influenced hip hop......it was never called "Hip Hall".

But oooooooooh.....today......IT WOULD BE. And NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo.......trap hasn't evolved into that shit.....who gave peope permission to claim otherwise? That's a problem.

And the people that don't see a problem are the ones that try to do everything. So of course it's like shitting on what you are trying to be......some kind of all purpose cleaning solution........cool be that YET DON'T FORGET IT'S PEOPLE DEDICATED TO JUST ONE OF WHAT YOU TRYING TO DO SO HAVE SOME KIND OF RESPECT.

It's sad that people except confusion and brush it off. Says a lot. Yall young......yall are suppose to call out posers.....not defend them.

And again....it's not an attack on people who are interested in experimenting with it.....just something that should've been address before it got out of hand. When you have big name companies that sell high dollar music products calling that kind of music "trap"..........then we have a problem. So now who gets left out of the loop? The real trap producers who are dedicated to trap. And who gets paid to sponsor "trap products"? The fake ass posers. But you don't see that. It's already happening. Sad.

Last edited:
Sorry rice. Your way more into this discussion then I am. If you end up changing the mass markets opinion on what trap music is supposed to sound like and how today's trap should have a seperate music genre then I will applaud you.

Sad. Only thing I can do is slap the shit out of people. smh. "Why did he just walk on stage and slap the DJ? That black guy is must be racist."

Last edited:
Sad. Only thing I can do is slap the shit out of people. smh. "Why did he just walk on stage and slap the DJ? That black guy is must be racist."

What you need is a superhero costume though so people will know what you are about, like......"Did you hear about what happened to DJ Curly?"......"No, what happened?"......"Dude accidentally left the crossfader in the middle and mixed a Trap Beat with a Dub Step track by mistake"......"so?"........"Well, Captain Trap tuned up from out of nowhere and slapped dude so hard his shoes flew off".

Worse case scenario we might need to develop something like the Admiral Ackbar certified seal of approval, just so people can tell when it's a Trap.

What you need is a superhero costume though so people will know what you are about, like......"Did you hear about what happened to DJ Curly?"......"No, what happened?"......"Dude accidentally left the crossfader in the middle and mixed a Trap Beat with a Dub Step track by mistake"......"so?"........"Well, Captain Trap tuned up from out of nowhere and slapped dude so hard his shoes flew off".

Not to like make this thread go in a totally different direction buttt.....that could totally be a video on youtube that will get 500k plays with some help from worldstar. Shooooot get key & peele on that.

Worse case scenario we might need to develop something like the Admiral Ackbar certified seal of approval, just so people can tell when it's a Trap.

Yep. Better yet........take it back to the old school and throw foos off the stage.

" Hey guys.......... I got that new trap shit.....check it out......."

Talk all the shit you want, Baauer wont hear a damn thing on tour with Just Blaze.

Is is just me or do proffesional legendary producers sound more and more like amatures?

I cant even tell the difference from a real producer and a soundclick beatmaker anymore.

You might be exaggerating but it's rather that with the avalibility of music creation tool, there are more people able to create music of a decent enough level.. That's also one of the reasons why people get paid less and stumbling upon "blowing your minds" tracks is increasingly difficult.

That's also why people go toward refreshing artists even if they sound crap. Just for the sake of hearing something different.

You act like:
1. Before a certain point in time, all music was amazing because DAWs have made music creation too accessible. That is completely false. You forget that guitars and drums are too quite accessible, as are other instruments. There has always been mediocre to crap music made, it just doesnt last the test of time.

2. "Crap" music is purely subjective. I hate minimal trap, even though I like EDM trapstyle, as well as classic dirty south. However its popularity has nothing to do with it being new, some people just like the shit. Purely subjective, people will like what they do regardless of new-ness or old-ness.

OT: This sounds more like a crusade against EDM than against "trapstyle", so lets get some shit straight. The "pew pews" you think are so gay have been getting people laid at raves for more than a decade now. It comes from dirty dutch, and millions (probably at least a billion) love the sound. This argument of yours is reminiscent of people calling soccer gay even though 90% of the world plays it and American football isnt even in the olympics. Newsflash, youre little microcosm of wherever the **** you live is not the capital of the god damn free world. Show a little open-mindedness, will you? People in your community are tuned in to the new trap movement, and youre pushing so hard against something that isnt trying to interact with you. Youre indirectly driving the movement too, because a good percentage of whoever viewed this thread probably watched those videos you posted, and more views = more viewers = more fans = more money. I'll end this rant because you'll probably rebut me anyway, but the bottom line is that you either need to get with it, or stay out the way, and either choice is fine. Your naming argument is akin to p-diddy tellin jayz ya you cool and all, but you not a real sean and you need to change ya name.

You act like:
1. Before a certain point in time, all music was amazing because DAWs have made music creation too accessible. That is completely false. You forget that guitars and drums are too quite accessible, as are other instruments. There has always been mediocre to crap music made, it just doesnt last the test of time.

2. "Crap" music is purely subjective. I hate minimal trap, even though I like EDM trapstyle, as well as classic dirty south. However its popularity has nothing to do with it being new, some people just like the shit. Purely subjective, people will like what they do regardless of new-ness or old-ness.

OT: This sounds more like a crusade against EDM than against "trapstyle", so lets get some shit straight. The "pew pews" you think are so gay have been getting people laid at raves for more than a decade now. It comes from dirty dutch, and millions (probably at least a billion) love the sound. This argument of yours is reminiscent of people calling soccer gay even though 90% of the world plays it and American football isnt even in the olympics. Newsflash, youre little microcosm of wherever the **** you live is not the capital of the god damn free world. Show a little open-mindedness, will you? People in your community are tuned in to the new trap movement, and youre pushing so hard against something that isnt trying to interact with you. Youre indirectly driving the movement too, because a good percentage of whoever viewed this thread probably watched those videos you posted, and more views = more viewers = more fans = more money. I'll end this rant because you'll probably rebut me anyway, but the bottom line is that you either need to get with it, or stay out the way, and either choice is fine. Your naming argument is akin to p-diddy tellin jayz ya you cool and all, but you not a real sean and you need to change ya name.
take the name trap out of it edm trap trapstyle lmao dudes aint on the corner pushin weight or ridin around with the work listen to no off breed techno bullshit

take the name trap out of it edm trap trapstyle lmao dudes aint on the corner pushin weight or ridin around with the work listen to no off breed techno bullshit

He don't get it......let him feel triumphant.......he thought he said some shit too.

Back