• Wobwob

There is no available content written by Wobwob
  • Content by Audiofanzine

Vox VT20+ - very nice but flat for the metal.

by jafi on 09-15-2014 08:45 AM Modeling amp with a 12AX7 tube that comes after the transistor part of 20 watts to 30 watts with the lamp. with lots of effects including vintage effects to the Jimi Hendrix (octave ...) is the specialty of vox. Amp Model List (33) * Three Version of Each amp model are Provided: Standard, Special, and Custom. Clean, Cali Clean, US Blues, US 2x12, VOX AC15, VOX AC30, UK Rock, UK Metal, US High Gain, US Metal, Metal Shop Effect Model List (25) Pedal: Comp, Acoustic, Auto Wah, U-Vibe, Brn Octave, Treble Boost, Tube OD (overdrive), Gold Drive, Org Dist, Metal Dist, Fuzz Modulation / Delay: CE Chorus, Multi Chorus, Flanger, Org Phase, Twin Trem, G4 Rotary, Pitch Shift, Filtron, Tape Echo, Delay, Chorus + Delay Reverb: Room, Spring, Hall Noise Reduction Preset Song (33) tuner button, master, power. optional pedalboard, it is robust

Roland TR-909 - THE TR 909 IT REALLY IS ... "THE PATRONE"! ! !

by redox75 on 09-15-2014 03:57 AM Simple to program, noon, old school roland sync, and the typical roland sequencer that made the reputation of the TR series. Now I find that the sequencer 808 is how to say more "alive" there emerges a magical groove that is not as marked on the 909, but when we play on the suffle or it gets boring. I noticed for example by launching the TR 808 in sync mode to start out in sync mode in 909, this one retrieves the groove so magical 808. I think this is the clock sync is less stable over the 808 or the accuracy of the interval of steps in the patterns of this one and this defect, in fact quality. For by doing the opposite bah..c'est not the same!

Native Instruments FM8 - Amazing complex synth, unique!

by cuboid on 09-15-2014 02:31 AM I had no compatibility issues setting up FM8. The installation and set up process is very simple and straightforward. However, the software itself is very complex and hard to understand at first. To the new user, FM8 will probably be overwhelming. To understand what's going on you need to know oscillator routing, enveloping, and have a good understanding of the way synthesizers work. You can easily look through the presets and fidget around to find out what certain parameters in the software does, but it will teach you a lot about synthesis and routing. Once you understand the structure of FM8, it is very straightforward and actually not that complicated at all. The interface is just a bit daunting at first.

Ableton Live 9 Suite - Amazing, Versatile, Beautiful

by cuboid on 09-15-2014 02:11 AM Ableton 9 is an extremely beautiful, unique, and versatile piece of music software. I have been producing music for over 5 years and have used many digital audio workstations, but none of them even compare with Ableton. It is compatible with just about all operating systems, very easy to install, and it comes with some great examples to help teach new users the basics of the software. One of the main reasons I believe Ableton is superior to other music software out there is the layout. The layout of Ableton is so straightforward and easy to understand. The minimalistic layout allows for a much better and faster workflow. Not to mention, it's more organized and easy to look at.

Paiste 2002 Novo China 18" - Surgical cymbal

by samara on 09-15-2014 01:29 AM

Electro-Voice ELIMINATOR ii DE - really powerful

by philabade on 09-15-2014 01:21 AM bought last week secondhand we Sept. 15, 2014 when I write these lines, then, you guessed it, I do not use them for a long time. On the other hand I have a pair of apg vs1 that work wonderfully and much better than some bowls supposedly upscale. Brief Ev I used them last Saturday in front with a t-amp in 2400 for a concert with three blues bands. The first attempt to see (rather funny to hear there is such expressions) surprise: well modulated big sound not too fat dry properly with sharp more than adequate. Room 400 at the small air even not need to put a sub. In addition I had to decline by 6 db General of my analog console that is true t-amp, it goes out at least 1000w per channel and Ev cashing well. 700 w data they provide largely the only problem is the size and weight. The apg seem small next but hey it's not coax two 15-inch and a compressor like Ev. Great choice it sends the sauce properly it is 100 db 1w 1m as it is a minimum I think for facades, making 102 apg. bought used 800 the pair I have no regrets because suddenly I need to sub, unless you make the great outdoors but this is another story. good evening

Antelope Audio Zen Studio - a marvel

by chouwap on 09-15-2014 12:53 AM -the routing: fabulous, you can do anything, create multiple mixes and send them where you want to monitor and maintain. Tracks 20 inputs simultaneously. 12 preamps, 8 line in db + 25 16 adat and spdif. I / O worldclock. Max 20 simultaneous recording, it leaves room. Preamps have combo XLR-JACK -compressor and eq: effective, useful for correcting the dynamic for example on the fly, not great musicality as DSUs but it works. Lack reverb, I hope so soon In any case the power is there, deeply updates -the design: the map is very small, shallow, very light, but watch the plugs are not protected enough for portable use so I just keep it in a bag with care. Not heat it wrong, but no fan. Installation: Turn off your anti-virus, it got me more or less ate the setup files in the beginning. Result: Failed to install. Once this is done: you plug it installs the driver, the installation file of the interface, and it works in 1 minute. Select the Zen tab in the control panel, ditto in the sequencer. There are always problems with the PC if there is no knowledge: get help. No clicking, no pop from the speakers, no noise when it is turned off when when it enters sleep. Installed on an old laptop with W7 and W8 my PC. Cohabits easily with an E-mu 1212M and I can change without any plant interface. -The sound: 1 very good preamp for the integrated. I was skeptical, but after the crash test (414 + votes), I'm surprised. It's soft, warm and detailed. Not much matter as my big ones obviously (Api, Pacifica, Neve, UA) but quite usable for a serious project. Color close enough Api. Actually I did not believe it, especially after hearing the examples very means of Antelope videos. You guys inspire audient. This interface has the advantage to welcome your beautiful mic preamps and hybridized line (choose the mixer interface) thus 8-20 preamps online entry. 2 DA output monitors. clean, detailed, no breath, light, airy, music, lots of space. 3 DA headphone outputs: same output monitors. All this is not controllable encoder before the big regardless. You can record in the room where the speakers out without exploding, especially as the interface is silent. 4 AD line inputs: A priori great: it's not food at all preamps sound like low-end converters. I have yet to experiment with that (always 414 on my voice), but the detail, the bandwidth is fully respected. -The Latency: no problems with my pc w8.1 (256 samples, core i5 2500k + 12GB ram ddr3 1333 + ssd) for overdubs, no identifiable latency effects, and anyway there is a circuit latency-free monitoring with effects (I can not stand the term DAW). Works very ben with a modest laptop (old sony dual core P8600 4GB in w7. -The -: No rack ... Considering what I'm going to put him in the ass, it bothers me. Anyway DB25 + 1 + 2 USB jacks for monitoring in 20 preamp, it is reasonable. external -SUPPLY ... But it is discrete (small transformer). -chauffe not bad, do not leave without at least Racker space above. -no paper manual. -By Against the sound is significantly worse when one goes through the blender before monitoring (headphones, speakers) ... I'll try to see if this is due to the settings, otherwise it is an area for improvement because it n is not due to the hardware, just the routing. Bypassing the software mixer, sound is excellent.

Novation Launchkey 25 - disappointed

by alphaboogie on 09-15-2014 12:35 AM implantation in Ableton Live

Novation Launchkey 49 - Useable but feels too cheap...

by aswilliams on 09-14-2014 11:50 PM I purchased the Launchkey 49 after enjoying Novation's Launchpad S controller for a few months. I really like the Launchpad S and thought the idea of a keyboard controller with its own pads would be a wonderful device. I imagined that having the pads and keys all on one controller would make for a quick workflow and would be more convenient to transport around with only my iPad as a sound module using the supported apps. The positioning of the knobs, sliders, pads, and pitch/mod wheels also looked very pleasing to me. Some midi controllers don't have a great layout and things can be difficult to access in a dark room on the fly. The layout of this controller is pretty convenient. The Launchkey has 9 sliders, 8 knobs, 16 lighted pads, transport controls, octave +/-, pitch and mod wheels, a sustain pedal input, and USB output.

Mesa Boogie Mark IV Combo - very accurate

by livingroom-studio on 09-14-2014 11:35 PM tube combo amp, variable power between 15 and 85watts. 3 including 2 independent channels. Hp Black Shadow. Reverb, graphic eq and a very damn good effects loop. There are a lot of possible configurations, input and output, I invite you to look at the user manual.

AKG C 451 C - AKG C 451

by clam on 09-14-2014 11:21 PM condenser microphone, 12 copies purchased between 1970 and 1980, used in all types of classical music, organ, clavichord through symphony orchestras, with or without vocals, choirs and all types of music imaginable room . Phantom power between 9.5 V and 52 V, handy at the time when the power Boards were not standardized at 48 V. Keep at all costs when you have the chance to own.

Fender Princeton Silverface - My god he is rock ...

by livingroom-studio on 09-14-2014 10:53 PM 12w tube combo, a 2-band equalization, tremolo, volume, two inputs and that's all.

Marshall SL-5 Slash Signature - "SELF" TOTAL

by PETIT JEDI on 09-14-2014 08:40 PM All Tube Amplifier (3x ECC83 preamp / 1 EL34 amp) 5 Watts (switchable to 1 watt) 2 channels: CLEAN / OVERDRIVE Built-in reverb HP Celestion "Vintage 30" 12 " On the back: Exit baffles 8 and 16 Ohms Pedal control output (channel / reverb) Switch 1W / 5W Front: 3 band EQ 2 inputs (high and low sensitivity) Switch "channel" and "reverb" facade with LED indicator Setting of "presence" Switch "power" to 3 position Pedal comes standard 2 switch switching clean / overdrive and reverb Amp offering a good finish for the "MADE IN CHINA", and yes Marshall is set like everyone else. All solid air (it realizes when shipping: there weighs the cattle !!! Over 20 kgs !!!) The finish is quality. On more modern look when compared to the majority of the Marshall range. The only criticism I have concerns the switch "POWER" 3-position: why be forced to go through the "OFF" to go from "ON" to "STANDBY" ... not very logical and somewhat confusing (especially that means the little "pop" that goes every time despite the volume !!! 0)

Behringer Digital Snake S16 - The perfect companion to the Behringer X32!

by araubas on 09-14-2014 06:25 PM specs listed: dual bus KT 48 channels over ethernet 2 on adat light pipe (fashion splitter) 16 Midas preamps designed (with 48v switchable per input) 8 out (XLR) 1 Headphone (with volume) to monitor the inputs. 44.1 or 48kHz All on U 2 On board, there are 16 preamps whose design something that approximates what MIDAS made preamps; There are certainly better (and more expensive), and also worse (and more expensive too). These preamps are doing their job! Not push them to 0 DB, and they offer qquechose quite reasonable. Programming is extremely simple: It works by Mode (Mode understand the choice of clock source (internal or remote), addressing of outputs (0, 8, 16) and the sampling frequency. Cat5e cable is required to connect to the X32. I have 2 put in a 6U flight with remote connectivity. I make between 1 and 3 lives per month with this config, and it is a joy untainted.

Barracuda Guitars Strat copy - Not a bad piece of wood

by slowhand II on 09-14-2014 05:14 PM I own a new Strat and Tele from Barracuda. Gloss white finish is really great on both. Pickups are hot and lively. The neck on both was well finished and the frets were perfectly set save for one. I did a light polish on that on and completed my set up to my liking. The volume control is smooth and quiet. The tone circuit is poor at best. I have no idea why the wired it the way they did. I modified the wiring to an American Standard diagram and now tones roll off much better.

Vic Firth 7AG American Classic Hickory Grip - not very practical

by calsius on 09-14-2014 03:55 PM I use them for 3 months I played with Vic Firth 7A classic for many years. I used Tama 7A and Pro Mark The more grip prevents the rod from slipping in the hand, but that becomes a disadvantage when you start sweating hands, the feeling is very unpleasant. I have to reuse my good old VF 7A

Blackstar Amplification HT-1R - No one, bad, mediocre ....

by Matosman59 on 09-14-2014 02:46 PM 1 watt lamp (but where are they in the sound?) Basic tuning with isf by way of equalo. A live recording and a little hp Having had a ht 5, I m was told we would be in the same vein ... Error!

Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohms

by bolenti on 09-14-2014 01:37 PM I previously used the AKG K-271 MKII and it is day and night. Both have a very different sound, but it sounds more balanced, but against less analytical.

Revox PR99 MkIII - REVOX PR-99

by lezed-suisse on 09-14-2014 10:37 AM I am very satisfied with the PR-99, for 15 years. This is the reference. lezed-Swiss

Revox A77 - REVOX A77

by lezed-suisse on 09-14-2014 10:34 AM I love this camera I also own B-77 and PR-99 lezed-Swiss

PRS SE Mikael Akerfeldt - Tortoise Shell - Best guitar I ever had

by julian_r7 on 09-14-2014 10:21 AM The PRS Mikael Akerfeldt guitar proved to be one of my best choices among my musical equipment. I've owned mine for five years now and I've used it to play all sorts of music with amazing results. It is an SE model, featuring a sort-of-Les Paul shaped body of maple wood with a particular shell print on it. The neck is maple, ebony fretboard (with a sort of satin in it that is actually helpful to avoid unwanted sliding), wide neck, 24 jumbo frets, and the typical PRS birds inlay (though I think this was one of the very first SE models to feature them). It has a tone knob, volume knob, a three way selector (positioned below the strings, as in a Stratocaster). All hardware and pickups are PRS designed: treble is the PRS SE HFS Treble, and bass is the PRS Vintage Bass, and the name describes perfectly the sound of this particular pickup. The bridge is a PRS Designed Tremolo, the tuner are the standard PRS Tuners, and the hardware is gold (which makes for a very classy look and requires a lot of care).

Shure SM7B - vote but not that

by cocabeille on 09-14-2014 05:28 AM cardioid dynamic microphone vocals, bass drum jazz percussionist ...

Joyo JF-09 Tremolo - not terrible

by granpetitom on 09-14-2014 05:17 AM Setting: -intensity -rate 9 Vdc power supply PSU hole too small No volume knob, big mistake ...

Peavey Classic 30 - Discontinued - Excellent flat with

by guitarevair on 09-14-2014 04:01 AM All lamps, everything is said in other reviews, I have a black 2003, good mouth, relatively light weight (transportable without farting back saw the template weight ratio). Poor fixing lamps described below.

M-Audio M-Track - It does the job!

by oktopus on 09-14-2014 03:59 AM I use this interface primarily with Ableton Live 8 on a Mac that runs OSX 10.8.5. For now it serves me to record vocals and guitar taken. I chose to replace my Presonus Firebox I had paid at the time (2006), more than double the price, but I could not use on my macbook pro because of incompatible firewire. Brief. Let's say that I stayed in the entry level:-) I needed a fast interface, I chose the latter. Its price still largely motivated my choice. What I dislike most at the moment, compared to the Firebox is that it has only two outlets where Presonus proposed in 6 For the price, you should not expect more ( or better!). For cons, I like its compact size and super nomadic, although the build quality is very "plastic". Listed with time ... Good point (for my taste): the mic on top of the box. I also like the minimalist design that is not too flashy although, again, the plastic ...

Scumback M75 - Dynamitez your amp

by brassneck54 on 09-14-2014 03:07 AM I was looking for a way to customize a fender deluxe reverb that sounded mean. ON told me that HP gives much more body and dynamic in my amp. Also very happy with the service as directly controlled in the USA. So a super HP to boost your amp.

Electro-Harmonix Stereo Pulsar

by JLDavid on 09-14-2014 03:01 AM Analog, no editing or preset.

Vertex Effects Systems NOS Axis Wah - A ripoff :)

by Jumikael on 09-14-2014 02:47 AM See below.

MDG fog Atmosphere APS

by jomo59 on 09-14-2014 02:11 AM I use the MDG machinery since 2001, I MDG 5 today, this is probably the best fog machines that exist on the market. Rugged construction, all "made-in-Canada", these machines are indestructible, economical to run (it consumes nothing ... it does not make sense ...) and most importantly, it generates the finer mist that is. Particles of 0.6 microns (1.2 to 1.8 against all other machines), it "locks" the air, it spreads wonderfully, and it holds. It's clean and efficient. The atmosphere is ideal both for a small room than a large one. However, if it is a very stale and outdoor place, prefer a Max-Max-3000 or 5000. For info, between atmosphere, Max and Max-3000-5000 all use the same principle and the same diffuse fog. - The atmosphere is only small constant flow - Max-3000 diffuse light enough to flow strong, - Max-5000 is a kind of "double" max-3000, with two outs. Essential accessory: the DMX that allows you to enable or disable the remote machine DMX interface. The atmosphere can perfectly work independently continuously. It is adjusted his delivery, and allowed to charge slowly to his corner without bothering her. A small wonder. Since I use the MDGs, I do not know how I did not include made to work with something else, as it changes the life of the lighting ... There are the MDGs, and far behind, there are all the other fog machines ...

Earthbound Audio Supercollider - Gain and fatty want you here

by VicMacKey on 09-13-2014 10:51 PM Fuzz pedal, especially made for bass by Mark Earthbound Audio (now Acid Age). There have been several version of the pedal: Earthbound Audio models: __v1: mids switch __v2: mids knob instead of the switch (the one pictured) __Sur The latest models v2: the gain knob becomes linear for a faster run. __v3: Added clipping LED & slight boost gain Changes on the Acid Age version Supercollider: - Case smallest - LED Option clipping - The Level knob becomes linear for a faster run. - The tone knob is changed to a larger race. The sound of all these versions is the same. The only difference is that the gain 1: 1 arrives faster on the last pay. Fully analog. Super simple connection ... an inlet, an outlet, all in jack. Power 9v negative tip (standard Boss) or 9v battery. Now at Acid Age there 2 versions: the SC, close to this one, and '71, a slightly different circuit more suitable for guitars. Mark has developed his model for the Acid Age release because he liked the sound with more bass when the effect is, with certain effects. At 12 am, the sound is the same as that of other previous versions, also at 12.
A3E sponsorship event box

Check out A3E in Boston!