• RapGrimReaper

There is no available content written by RapGrimReaper
  • Content by Audiofanzine

Markbass Little Mark 250 Black Line - Amp for double bass and piano

by tradcab on 11-22-2014 05:15 AM The little Mark 250 is a bass amp, one of the new d class that are getting very popular because of their very light weight. There are many other makes in the market place that do a similar job but there are a couple of things that make this one stand out. I am a double bass player and a piano player in about equal measure. I have been using a bass amp for the left side of the stereo output on my piano for along time. I have also been using a bass amp with a separate pre amp for the pick up on my double bass. With the Mark Bass I have found that I can plug my double bass peizo pickup straight into the balanced line input on the amp and get a very good tone. This is a feature usually only found on an amp three times the price of this one. Now this amp also does a great job when used with my stage piano. The wide frequency range of the output of the piano is totally catered for by the amps eq posabilites with the cleanest sound I have yet been able to achieve. Mark bass only refer to the double bass in passing in their advertising, I think they may be missing a trick here, the double bass is one of the hardest instruments to amplify but this amp does the business in my opinion. Read more on Audiofanzine

Samson Technologies Graphite 49

by chromaticism on 11-21-2014 10:13 PM The ultimate MIDI controller probably has it all in one package: a keyboard with piano-sized keys an decent action, simple USB connection, a wealth of assignable knobs and sliders, and flexbility for use with many DAWs. Price is always a concern for the budget-conscious musician looking for such an instrument, hence it always make sense to get something that would cram all of those much-wanted features in an excellent, budget-friendly package. Here we are examining the Samson Graphite 49 and see if it is that holy grail of budget MIDI controllers. The Samson Graphite 49 is a MIDI controller with 49-key keyboard with piano-sized keys and semi-weighted action. It can be connected to any Mac, PC, or MIDI-compatible mobile devices via USB and is entirely bus powered. It can also be used to control rack-mountable synthesizer modules and similar hardware through traditional MIDI connections (MIDI out and in ports) with power being supplied through a 9V power supply (sold separately). Other than the keyboard itself, the Samson Graphite 49 has pitch bend and modulation wheels, octave up/down and transposition buttons, four trigger pads, 9 sliders, 16 buttons, and 8 rotary knobs, all of which are assignable to any parameter that the user wishes to control. Standard transport control buttons are also available for control over various DAW functions such as record, stop, play, etc. Inspection of the back reveals an on/off power switch, USB port, sustain pedal input, AC adapter input, and MIDI in and out ports. Read more on Audiofanzine

Peavey ValveKing Royal 8 - Tiny All-Tube Amp, Huge Sound

by chromaticism on 11-21-2014 10:10 PM In today's world where space is considered a luxury, small guitar amplifiers are a godsend. It's not really surprising then that low-wattage tube amplifiers have become the trendy item for people who have crafted home studios for personal and professional use. One of these small, budget-friendly tube amps is the Peavey Valve King Royal 8. As the name suggests, the Peavey Valve King Royal 8 is a 5-watt all-tube (or all-valve) amp with a single 8-inch speaker. It is a class-A amp with a very straightforward design, having a single 12AX7 tube for the preamp section and one EL84 tube for the power section. Looking at the front panel demonstrates its simplicity with its two inputs, an on/off toggle switch, a headphone jack, and three chicken-head knobs for control over gain, tone, and master volume. It's pretty obvious that this amp doesn't have all sorts of "bells" and "whistles" like a three-band EQ and effects that you would find in other amps of the same size. Read more on Audiofanzine

TC Electronic Nova System - Disappointing and very intuitive

by delapierre on 11-21-2014 09:07 AM Very disappointing from a qualitative point of view, apart from the name tc there is nothing special effects are bland and very intuitive régalges, complicated navigation deconseille I use this product for scenic. Moreover the service is abysmal in France TC bad for me that was a fan of the brand Read more on Audiofanzine

Bose L1 Model II with B2 Bass & ToneMatch Engine - Unbelievable but true

by atgo58 on 11-21-2014 07:54 AM After extensive research on the web, several test store, I broke down and bought L1 model II with B2. I had ignored the various criticisms of all those who speak evil without trying. I'm a guitarist and played with a bass player and a singer. I finally found the perfect material. I pass on all the benefits of size and weight of the equipment. The sounds, then there is great, pure, clean. I go through a mixer Line 6 StageScape. It is in the same style as the T1 but with more inputs, settings and possible return. Of course it's expensive, but after several tests other brands, we must admit that this is the best. I can only recommend this Bose. Read more on Audiofanzine

Yamaha NS-1000M - Exceptional clarity of the medium

by profmbo on 11-21-2014 07:30 AM I just buy this 11/21/14 near Lyon. Interested in medium famous dome beryllium. This is the model Monitor (31 kg lighter because thinner panels, a little smaller: with grill on low) First review ... Treble are good but a little behind compared to my Audax. They are connected to my Yamaha M-70 ... marriage of convenience;) Read more on Audiofanzine

Electro-Harmonix LPB-1

by Jeffouille on 11-21-2014 03:56 AM It is a boost pedal, so that boost ... what ... Read more on Audiofanzine

Marantz Model 32 - Recomending

by sunce on 11-21-2014 03:54 AM About a week ago, stroke of luck while playing chess with the gentleman about 70 years of age. He complained to me about his hearing difficulties. He sad that he has something to show me and he did. There was an old Marantz model 32 + tuner console model 24 in perfect condition. Simply, i gave a car to his son, and divine model 32 is now mine. It is impossible to estimate value of such device (but some of us are ready to give a fortune for pieces like this one). Marantz made only about 2000 pieces, and those were the first "solid state" Marantz amplifiers with the state o the art Motorola transistors. Those transistors have a similar sound as old Burr Browns. Everything is custom made. Solution with model 24 in pre-amp mode is not so impressive. Simply the amplifiers requires far better pre-amp, so i gave him one. Best results were with Counterpoint 3.1 pre-amp. Have to mention that I exchanged about 10 pre-amps, before conclusion. Probably i shall never change my speakers (Proac Supertowers mk2) and those are very demanding (87 db). This "little" Marantz amp is driving them with full control. Sound is opened, 3d sound staging surprisingly good, but the sound balance is most impressive. Considering the age of the amp, it would be a normal thing to replace the internal wiring and electrolytes. Collector's item without a scratch! Decided not to experiment further for variety of reasons. All mentioned is working fine. Also conducted measurements with control equipment Mechanical Engineering Faculty. Results confirmed all conclusions reached by simply listening with full attention! Amazingly, internal wiring is far better then Van Den Hull scs 12 (widely used for that purpose). Electrolytes are not so big (10000 μF), but extremely fast (like in D. Hafler dh 200). For the final test of Marantz model 32 power amp I had to take some risk. I hooked a 43 years old amplifier on to Apogee Stage (full ribbon) and pressed power button ( full of uncertainty and reasonable fear). 43 years old Marantz model 32 performed brilliantly with 2/3 power at 1.5 ohms! What else to say? Will i keep it? It sounds beautiful. It looks more than beautiful. It is a Collector's item and a certain triumph of vintage devices over the new, ugly and disposable ones. Legends are not legends without a reason. All legends do have character and sound warmness that will not be achieved for a long time if that happens at all. Marantz model 32 solid state power amp will stay in my family with the full appreciation of his abilities and extreme charm. Read more on Audiofanzine

Audio-Technica Pro 70

by bpm.school on 11-21-2014 02:16 AM Acoustic Guitar Mandolin Tres Quatro Ukulele, etc ... Flute (excellent) Spoken voice Comes with tie clips and guitar (clip on rose). Flute clip available at Schoeps (Schoeps FA 1: 14 euros). Read more on Audiofanzine

Tornade MS Pickups Telecaster 55 Set - top notch !!

by roanenko on 11-21-2014 02:04 AM Having already taken a set with Marc (set 60L) which was totally amazed me and gave life to my strat I wanted new pickups for my TV. Following the advice of Marc in the choice of microphones; I set off on the 55 'with the bridge pickup slightly surbobiné. My first test after assembly have not proven transcendent ... but after some discussion with Marc I realized that my height adjustment mic was bad. So I really took the time to peauffiner the settings to find the perfect balance between the two pickups. Once this is done, I found myself with a simply excellent sound on the neck position sound is clear and precise while remaining mellow !! And bridge pickups is very sharp and organic without ever being aggressive !! The pickups are very dynamic and really respond to the nuances of the game! short once more the work of Mark is impeccable, my telecaster sounds really good, its potential is exploited as it should be! With a slight crunch is a treat, on addictive blues !! Again thank you to Marc for the advice and great job! Read more on Audiofanzine

Dave Smith Instruments Mopho Keyboard - a very good keyboard

by philjass on 11-21-2014 12:45 AM Monophonic analog synthesizer in pure spirit, he all but cv-gate outputs mumuse with a modular without using MIDI. Read more on Audiofanzine

SR Guitars SRLP Origin - Tobacco Burst Flamed

by THORSTEN666 on 11-20-2014 10:19 PM Everything has been said, made in KOREA, specifications French loads. Read more on Audiofanzine

Chillbass 50's - THE sound you love !!

by Kastaïr on 11-20-2014 09:57 PM All-tube amp head: 3 and 1 12AT7 ECC83 preamp, 2 EL34 power 50W output power 2 normal inputs and bright-lined high-gain and low-gain, combined with 2 volumes equalo 3 bands, 1 presence knob, a master 2 speaker outputs, effects loop 1 Read more on Audiofanzine

Vox Flat 4 - Big scam!

by warhol on 11-20-2014 09:06 PM What are the effects or types of effects available? - Boost + mid-boost (with switch) + overdrive What technology is used? (Analog, digital, tube ...) - Technology transistor, made in Japan - The lamp is only decorative, and also serves to inflate the sale price, it is not powered, light (blue, at that) is produced by LEDs under the lamp! Read more on Audiofanzine

TC Electronic RebelHead 450 - serious design flaw!

by charlyschoepflin on 11-20-2014 08:47 PM Transistor amp ... with 3 presets, compressor, eq 4 band semi para DI output, AES ... So why this catastrophic view? See more! Read more on Audiofanzine

Yamaha AN1X - One of the best VA

by Modulator18 on 11-20-2014 08:45 PM Analog modeling synthesizer. 5 octave keyboard dynamics ... Particular features are the easy ... The keyboard is good, against a plastic hull, Yamaha could have done better. Real-time front panel controls, everything is quickly accessible and understandable. Read more on Audiofanzine

Providence Anadime Chorus ADC-4 - top!

by benderleben on 11-20-2014 07:35 PM excellent analog bucket brigade chorus and brown bur inside! (Like many others) 3 settings: -Depth (ratio effect) -mix (wet / dry) -rate (speed) a small 3-position switch that turns it into vibrato or chorus super hardcore Read more on Audiofanzine

Roland A-90 - Top notch

by Be le Baron on 11-20-2014 07:32 PM 8 midi keyboard zones so easy to program and most comprehensive on the market (except for some rare Oberheim MC3000 or Physis Piano K4). Read more on Audiofanzine

Celestion Vintage 30 (8 Ohms) - So, why?

by marcan71 on 11-20-2014 06:01 PM Impatient to ring my head TubeMeister 36, and to follow such panurge, the almost general opinion, I ordered a vintage 30 hp to power my home 112 bass reflex cabinet. So actually in the clear, okay, with a crunch and distortion against the abomination is there, the slurry spin sound our ears! J4ai then bought a celesion G12H30 (annivesaire not true), and then everything has changed, the screaming gave way to creamy, and all is well dan sle merilleur worlds. What upsets me about this story is that 60% of manufacturers are equipped with baffles that shit! They must touch at a low price, otherwise I see no interest! Read more on Audiofanzine

Gibson ES-339 '59 Rounded Neck - Antique Red - a great guitar!

by goz71 on 11-20-2014 05:14 PM A custom shop Gibson Es made in USA with the mahogany neck rosewood key 59 rounded profile. The pickups are Gibson 57'classic bam home (alnico II). Standard 2 volume 2 tone settings. The semi hollow body is laminated maple. size is super comfortable between a Les Paul and a 335. Read more on Audiofanzine

Audio-Technica DD-502

by golden_ear on 11-20-2014 03:52 PM I was very surprised, because although close Audio Technica, I did not know they made electronic drums. All checks made, it is not Audio-Technica, a well known manufacturer of microphones and headsets, but all short Technica, which has nothing to do. Thank you to the moderators to put things in place. Read more on Audiofanzine

Gibson Min-ETune - very disappointing

by Jiloo_music on 11-20-2014 03:05 PM this system was fitted as standard on my Gibson SG Standard 2013. It sounds stunning at first, but the setting is inaccurate, you can hear especially on high strings, and that is true to the tuner, setting the rope cord is a little better but still not perfect the fine tuning adjustment by hand is recommended to avoid damaging the mechanical whose ratio is very high (1:40), mounting string is relatively easy, but a little unstable on the low strings (tightening upside voltage) My system went electronic failure in the first recharge battery replaced under warranty by my store. I do not have experience tuning change that seems the main advantage of this system. it also appears that the system is more stable on a guitar whose neck is thicker than dela SG, and with a rope pulling higher. As for me, I will re-equip my SG manual lifts. Read more on Audiofanzine

Danelectro DJ-14 Fish & Chips 7-Band EQ - this is a great product

by erreur24 on 11-20-2014 02:31 PM I give the score of 8 is my 3emme years, then sold to regret bought this month in THOMANN essential. Read more on Audiofanzine

JMI Amplification MKI.5 Tone Bender

by Ronmo on 11-20-2014 12:40 PM Tonebender mk1.5 analog, point to point, upscale Read more on Audiofanzine

Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Big Muff Pi - Hallelujah, a Muff that sounds big to death!

by nowhereman on 11-20-2014 06:13 AM Deluxe Big Muff PI is the latest evolution of this legendary pedal Disto / Fuzz used by Santana, Jack White, Billy Corgan, Jay Mascis, Korn, Bardo Pond, David Gilmour, Dan Auerbach, Sonic Youth, etc ... Menu: 5 knobs for the primary circuit: Volume, Tone, Sustain, Attack Gate 2 potentiometers to secondary lecircuit (mids) and Level Freq 1 Bypass General 1 footswitch to engage the Mid tour 1 switch lever called Q (it is on the mid) 1 switch lever called Bass Boost / normal a Jack socket for pedal Expression Read more on Audiofanzine

Marshall 1980s JCM1C - 15 years of learning, and finally the holy grail!

by marvel33 on 11-20-2014 04:04 AM 1 watt amp, swith0,1watt Name: Marshall JCM 1980s-1C all-tube, details below: Series: 50th Anniversary 1 Watt Type: Electric Guitar Amp Fomat Combo Technology: all lamps (2 x + 2 x ECC83 ECC82) Output Power: 1 Watt Loudspeaker: 1x10 "Celestion G10N 16Ω Channel: 1 Controls: Volume, Treble, Bass, Gain Boost Switch, Attenuation Lo Power Switch Connectors: 6.35mm jack instrument input, 1 x 8Ω output, 1 x 16Ω output Housing: Dimensions (W x H x D): 360 x 380 x 220 mm Weight: 9.4 kg Read more on Audiofanzine

Electro-Harmonix Pitch Fork - a slap!

by benderleben on 11-20-2014 12:56 AM a good pitch up and / or down with a digital polyphonic so transparent that buffer down to 680om !! (Which means bcp less parasite on the line!) so for now all is well! Read more on Audiofanzine

Monster Beats Pro - White - very well :)

by Mr GRIEGA on 11-20-2014 12:50 AM its been 8 months and I already try pioneer, AKG, and it is good for me as well fron AKG stronger but behind some pioneer model listening with one ear makes a nice scope but can I find it expensive I would go for pioneer in the future :) but good headphone when meme :) Read more on Audiofanzine

DJ-Tech control 5 - shabby!

by Mr GRIEGA on 11-20-2014 12:37 AM I've used one month and I am so disappointed pass mk2! not even begin to compare to the sound of TT1650 bah rolls a dimension TT1650 ^^ error that I never would do so ^^ because my taste but no quality defect such that the plate is plastic and not stable at all ^^ I find it extremely expensive given the quality ca !! Read more on Audiofanzine

Ortofon Elektro - perfect !!

by Mr GRIEGA on 11-20-2014 12:29 AM its been nearly 10 months may I use them before I had shure ortofon and cell core and compared to these cells bahhh c bass rendering cleaner and net profont choice I would do in the future because it do not drive ^^ Read more on Audiofanzine
Special 93% Offer

Got beats? Samples? Mixing and mastering services? Get a head start with this 93% OFF special offer!