• oj9stu

There is no available content written by oj9stu
  • Content by Audiofanzine

Korg iPolysix - Pure analog tone without the maintenance!

by jaymes.moore on 09-21-2014 05:42 PM "I hear you're buying a synthesizer and an arpeggiator and are throwing your computer out the window because you want to make something real!" So goes the line in James Murphy's disco rant on LCD Soundsystem's first album. Ironically in an age where so much technology is literally at our fingertips, in the form of iPads and smartphones alike, there is an ever-mounting interest in what it means to be analogue. For the general music consumer, the rebirth of vinyl records is an obvious example. For the recording musician, the renewed enthusiasm for 80s era synths since the turn of the century has mounted to a frenzy of musicians scouring garage sales, pawn shops and online auctions all trying to find that one forgotten, unique, but synthetic, yet analog tone. As a result, a few classics of the era have become studio mainstays and are preserved much in the same way fabled compressors and rack-mounted gear are preserved. But much like rack-mounted gear, the size, weight and maintenance of such equipment is a major constraint for the project studio owner or the mobile music professional. With this is in mind, developers have done much in the way of creating virtual instruments as plugins, much in the same way they developed plugins for emulating rack-mounted signal processors. In both instances, the hands-on tactility of the original components is what is ultimately lost. However, virtual instruments for the iPad is a whole new ball game, offering an interesting mix of both the plugin and the hardware. As someone who has tested Korg's iMS-20 app and Moog's Animoog app, I have become quite fond of their new iPolysix, the virtual reincarnation of their fabled Polysix synthesizer from the early 80s. This is primarily because of its simplicity. It is a lot less like owning an "all-in-one" synth emulation app and more like owning a singular analog instrument. In essence, the extent of this app's features are no more than those physically available on the original instrument itself. Given it's hearty $40 price tag in terms of the app market, this may be a turn-off for the feature-obsessed consumer, but for the purist looking for a singular, competent analog piece, this is its greatest point of attraction. Because the development of this app was dedicated to the faithful recreation of one singular, sought after piece of equipment, its authenticity can rival that of its original, analogue counterpart. That means in the hands of an artist, all of it's original constraints and idiosyncrasies work together with the creative process to make sounds using the app the same way one would with the analog piece. This also means that if the sound the artist was after couldn't be accomplished with the instrument on its own, that it could be integrated with other studio equipment to achieve the desired effect. This is where I most love this app. I fire it up and my iPad transforms into an analog synth. I can then use it's interface just as I would the original unit and integrate directly into my studio as another instrument. In the example composition I have provided, I recorded two tracks into pro tools, routing from the headphone output of the iPad through a Palmer DAACAPO impedence converter and through a chain of guitar effects pedals. The results is a composite tone that has resulted not from the iPolysix on it's own, but as an integrated, physical piece of hardware in my studio. http://en.audiofanzine.com/virtual-instrument-iphone-ipod-touch-ipad/korg/ipolysix/medias/audio/a.play,m.473855.html The beauty of the iPolysix being a virtual synth outside of the box is that you get all of the ease of presets, zero-maintenance and minuscule physical footprint with all of the creative possibilities of integrating it physically with the other elements of your studio. If you're already an iPad owner and you consider the use of this app more like an outboard piece of gear, then the $40 price tag for a classic analogue synth is pretty incredible. Pros +out of the box integration +authentic recreation of the original hardware +authentic, analog tone +ease of use, maintenance and portability +midi in/out wirelessly via Wifi, for direct integration into Pro Tools or Ableton Cons -most purists will still want to use a high-end midi controller in place of the touch-screen keys, which defeats the small footprint -more of an iPad con, but the headphone output has low stereo output -perhaps the lack of features and varying synth tones will be a turn-off for those in search of a more flexible app

Visual Sound Route 66 American Overdrive - Classic TubeScreamer style overdrive with sensible modifications.

by jaymes.moore on 09-21-2014 04:58 PM Visual Sound's Route 66 American Overdrive is a modern interpretation of the classic Ibanez TubeScreamer design with the added dual-functionality of a stomp compressor. It is entirely powered by a single 9V input and features True Bypass switching. It is also built ruggedly for repeated stage abuse. Despite it essentially featuring two pedals in one, the combined chassis is somewhat conservative in regards to the amount of pedalboard real estate it occupies. Because the compressor shares the same box, there is no need for extra patch cables, which would not only take up space but could potentially be a source of noise or signal loss in your effects chain. The two sides can also be used individually, so this is truly a dual-purpose pedal.

Roland Cube-60 - not at the 30w

by bfrete on 09-21-2014 04:55 AM 60w very powerful, I just cube 30w and it's not at all the same lemonade! simillaires effects cube 30x but no tuner and works only bright clear sound

LOXX Security Lock Chrome Custom 77 - Really good

by Bidibuleable on 09-21-2014 03:49 AM They equip my Les Paul for 6 months and they did not shake one bit! Installation is very simple and fast (I remember a pose Dunlop strap lock, hell ... ^^). Moreover, they have the very strong air and do not move at all. I removed a few times without problem (no problem of rust in the system, unlike the Dunlop) and once they are recovering, they remain in place. Not a single time did they cranked out, staggered, blocked or else ... Still no trace of wear or oxidation, they are still new! I equipped my first Stratocaster with Dunlop and the difference is more than obvious: they rapidly oxidized, the mechanism locks every time I take them off, it also happens to uncouple their own, etc. In short, the galley. While there, that hey, it does not move, it is sound and effective. Thank you Loxx !! I think each of my guitars equipped with them anyway.

Levy's MSSR80 - Black - Comfortable ... very comfortable!

by Bidibuleable on 09-21-2014 03:33 AM It is now several months since I played with this strap: frankly, for the price, I was expecting worse than that! The strap is like good and very pleasant to use: it does not catch too much, it does not slip too much either, just enough! I used to carry my Les Paul and frankly it does, especially for the price ^^.

Monster Standard 100 Instrument Cable - A cable that lasts!

by Bidibuleable on 09-21-2014 03:28 AM I use these cables for about 2 years: at the moment, they have not shown a sign of weakness or otherwise. Well, it's true that it costs a little more expensive than some entry-level (Yellow Cable etc.) cable, but it is not at all the same (for both signal transmission for the duration in time ). So I appreciate their reliability: one has ever released yet. For cons, I think I will not repeat the same choice today: I will opt for the "Homemade" solution. By buying the cable to the meter (Sommer Cable, etc.) with good plugs (Neutrik Hicon or otherwise), you can get a good result (or better) for less.

Fender American Standard Stratocaster - 3-Color Sunburst Maple - Enduring Iconic Guitar

by S2D on 09-21-2014 02:49 AM Hendrix, Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Edge, Mark Knopfler, Hank Marvin, Buddy Holly, Ritchie Blackmore and every guitarist who's been in Iron Maiden. So what do they all have in common? The Fender Stratocaster. Originally built in the 1950's the Stratocaster has seen and done it all, the most popular and best selling guitar of all time apparently and one which has been copied by thousands of companies around the globe looking to cash in on it's legendary status and widespread appeal, but the Daddy of them all is still the American Standard Strat. It comes equipped with 22 frets, 3 single coil pickups, a pickup selector switch with a choice of 5 pickup positions, 1 volume knob and 2 tone knobs. The neck is made from maple wood and also comes with a tremolo bar or whammy bar as i prefer to call it. The bridge is a stock Stratocaster bridge but from what i hear it can be upgraded to a floyd rose or similar locking bridge system (sold seperately) if you feel like doing a bit of Van Halen-esque divebombs and still want to stay in tune afterwards.

Floyd Rose spécial - The worst scam of the century, boycotting the junket.

by Road370 on 09-21-2014 02:29 AM What to say about this item other than the fact that he keeps the agreement and allow whatever happens to make very nice effects is a beautiful m.rde and I weigh my words indeed change the strings am even relatively complicated and very annoying in the long run I expect the 3 sets of strings 5 ​​hours of your time is the minimum required after that you need a good dose of cold blood as much as a month cobra desert. I regret this purchase because often changing tuning and string pulling it requires going to a luthier every time that takes at least 25 € and one week of delays. Speaking of tuning if I submitted myself to buy this ugly thing called pink floyd is because I voilais to switch from E to D with the D Tuna which is also one of the worst scams in recent years but I'll leave it to you to have haha! FYI I did riding a jackson DK2M beautiful today rots in a centennial yes because the waste has the force of trying to change the strings even'm the handle suffers voltage change that subjected him FL result handle screwed. Invented in 1977 and almost 35 years of existence they have not deigned to find a less farts system testicle and certainly less fart guitar. Small summary of the costs generated by the invention of Satan: - Jackson DK2M purchased 500 € a team of licensed floyd. - Purchase Special FL 120 € - Purchase of D Tuna € 50 - 2 passing in the luthier for adjustment after adjustment attempt missed by me: 2 x € 25 total € 200 charge for my guitar today is unusable.

Strymon TimeLine - Truly comprehensive, a bit anyway reuch

by bodytwist on 09-21-2014 01:00 AM - This is a delay pedal (s) digital (s). - Different algorithms (12) can be edited in the front and more depth via the button "value". - Comprehensive Connectivity: Stereo or mono in and out, midi in and out, input for expression pedal. - Note the presence of a switch on the back that allow you to use one input and one output as a send-return, well done!

Yamaha Stagepas 400i - Versatile!

by coolpix on 09-20-2014 11:19 PM Bought last year, I use it to add sound small events. Its strong point is undoubtedly its ease of use, it is nearly plug'n'play! There are 2 XLR inputs, 2 XLR / Jack 6.35mm (one with a Hi-Z button) and Line In 2 inputs, one with an RCA input and one with a Jack 3,65mm entry. So you could connect a group, if we exclude the batsman. Otherwise there is still a return (stereo) and inputs for footswitches (not included) and a digital reverb. Sound, whether low or high volume, is very good and remains accurate. Equalization is very "strong", it must be subtle, like reverb (was quick to put too much). I love the Master EQ, which allows either boost the bass for listening to music or dig to better hear a voice. At the low point, I do not see yet. It should of course not expect to be sound with large rooms, but for a bar / small scene that's enough. Yamaha is a brand where we are in for something of quality. Whether for a speech or a band, I think it is a good quality / price ratio. It just remains to be seen how long the table will last.

Acon Digital Media Multiply - 's Own stereo

by profx on 09-20-2014 10:37 PM Installation: You copy the dir in your vst dir. And vla, it's good.

Hotone Audio Heart Attack - A love ... until it bites you!

by SlapKid on 09-20-2014 08:48 PM I love this series, it's my third after the purple wind and thunder, it starts to tax ... Transistors course, smaller than a pedal bebert-boss, complete connectivity and settings ditto. Alim lightweight, so switching ungrounded, it is true that it carries more noise than usual, too bad. 5watts but wicked accepts everything 4à16ohms (power drop in the charge amount, normal to the transistor).

Harley Benton BM70 - Trans Red - Royal!

by SlapKid on 09-20-2014 08:25 PM View time soon time soon purchased at 249roros should not ask the question. This is a copy of the special red course. Difference in size, the pitch here is like Gigi is 628mm and that's what motivated my purchase (the short scale mustang genre is not my thing). Also, point zero fret and it's a shame but hey, as the nut is perfectly realized move. Vibrato is a standard to Schaller or maousse sturdy and very comfortable. The springs are back as usual. The neck is glued and reinforced behind the head that hosts mini grover siouplé. The pickups are Trisonic burns! Controlled by an on-off slider and phase out of phase each, 6 buttons in total. The dark signal on a master-volume master tone. The finish is top-flight, is superbly carried both aesthetically and in terms of frets, a beautiful object.

Vox AmPhones Twin - A little disappointed by the effects

by SlapKid on 09-20-2014 07:47 PM That I'm a little disappointed in the end but that's just because of the effects, the rest is fine. Ideally that would be the guitar with a distortion circuit (artec actually also gfs) is planned ... A great product to play around all the time without taking cabbage (once set), try to adopt it, and Independence (aaa rechargeable 900mA) is high, which makes it even better. 72roros paid for it is a super good plan.

Hughes & Kettner Warp T Head - I sell € 700

by Phil Terriou on 09-20-2014 06:16 PM Amplification tube 120 watts 4: 6l6 and 4: 12AX7 / ECC83 so what a treat. Two channels, clean and lube with warp function (solo / harmonics) and sub (strong bass). Few people have, which gives it the high quality to give you a sound that not many people can afford. The clean sound is frankly not "excellent", although it remains to actually play metal !!

Gibson Les Paul Artisan - Exeptionnelle guitar = "ITS EXEPTIONNEL"

by peperezikoss on 09-20-2014 05:27 PM Made in USA The handle has a very thin profile frets 22 C profile fine which gives a quick game on the handle with dizzying slipped a quick glance at the photos of the handle NC

Tornade MS Pickups Strat ’60s serie L - Class microphones

by gaf1805 on 09-20-2014 04:53 PM Before making the choice of microphones Tornado MS, I had traveled several weeks during the internet retailers selling pickups "boutique" and directly tried this kind of hand-wound pickups on Strats good level. The decision to defer to MS Tornado was finally taken after asking Marc Aimar if I could go see him in order to try his Strat 60s. I found in microphones MS Tornado Strat 60s all what I expected in terms of dynamics, frequency spectrum, versatility, personality (for the record, I asked Marc to mount a push-pull for me, in addition to the five positions "classic" Strat, couple of microphones 1 and 3, the Tele type or having three microphones at once, its very Dark Rock and, in any case, original). Beyond that, I found a "good man" for outstanding professional and personal qualities, somewhat unusual. Do you know many people who can give you five hours of their time every day to listen to you 1) to describe the guitar you make it, 2) define the sound you like, 3) play some music clips to the guitar? All that for eventually pose a diagnostic always very fair on the "micro" for you (or that you do not need it). In addition to microphones, Marc advised me on a lot of "stuff" (amps, pedals and pedalboard, settings, etc.). This is not someone who will push you to the "consumption" experience in sound and production technique of guitar pickups (but also amps, PA systems ...) allows him to suggest what you be best, not what it would feel like to sell you. So I applaud with both hands this concept, hats off to Mr. Aimar, to whom I wish every success in the world of microphones and sound. Gilles

Kami Micros Blackrose - Excellence in French. ....

by airballoon on 09-20-2014 04:44 PM Following a request that I just discovered: the KAMI blackrose installed on my LP CUSTOM the custom shop GIBSON, verse with NO PAF from the same manufacturer / designer. I think it is worth mentioning this info. I use it for 1 year and a half, and I've tried many other mics before this one. .... The whole class really. Without making too much, I found the gem, this kind of microphone that literally transcends the potential of a guitar. I bought the guitar with pickups already installed on it, and I had tried many model before, when I plugged in my all-tube KOCH, I immediately felt the difference between the series and the fact hand slap! EVERYTHING IS BALANCED clear crunch yesterday gain, micro cash everything. Very accurate, with a high level of output, it requires precision in the game. A MUST HAVE ON ITS guitar

Roland FA-08 - Excellent quality price

by Vinz67 on 09-20-2014 04:03 PM The keyboard is very nice. Mostly I was looking for a workstation with a good heavy feel, I found the feel of A08 was superior in many digital pianos input and even middle midrange! In addition we have a pitch bend, modulation and two assignable button. Connectivity is basic but not insignificant. For my taste it lacks a MIDI Thru (there are only IN and OUT), but we have taken two programmable pedals and that's good. The sounds are very numerous, and categorized and each part can have its own effect, it's really more for multitimbral use. The Sampler échantilloner lets you play, play WAV, MP3. Samples can not be used as a source for the patches. There is also an arpeggiator, chord memory (do not care) and "rhythm" patter that lets you use the arpeggiator as a rhythm (with entro / ending, fill in, variation).

Xvive PT-03 Chromatic Tuner - My ear is more accurate ...

by lerevecbeau on 09-20-2014 03:27 PM It's been 15 days that I bought. I used a classic tuner where he had to unplug the guitar to plug into the tuner or, when there is no noise around, I grant to the ear. If I decided to buy the tuner is because I wanted a foot which is more convenient (no need to unplug the jack to plug into the tuner). Benefits from: - Chromatic Tuner - Works at the foot - The bypass function - Ability to accord such 442Hz instead of 440Hz - Ability to connect it to a 9V transformer His least: - Unclear ... Anyway, my old tuner is better and also my ear - Battery 3.7V rechargeable and non-replaceable lithium. So expect another tuner or a 9V transformer in case of battery failure. For the price, I think it not worth it. A remake? No.

Pioneer RMX-1000 - Very good machine once tamed!

by chupachups on 09-20-2014 02:56 PM See the manufacturer's specifications:-) Comes with 4 inputs and 4 audio outputs, Software to configure the machine and transfer samples. No headphone jack - ((((( etc.

SPL GoldMike - Great product

by jamusique on 09-20-2014 01:46 PM The lamps are their taff. Flair button brings some clarity (say treble frequencies) but it's not obvious. 48v a knob, a phase reverse for each channel is significant. THE compression is the compression pump. Instead, it is so quiet that you wonder if there really is one. Headroom fill all the microphones in demand.

Planet Waves Solderless Pedal Board Cable Kit GPKIT-10 - Ingenious and effective

by Dca lp on 09-20-2014 01:11 PM Kit Contents: - 10 records jack neutrik gold - 3m cable (from memory) - 1 mini cutters So 5 patch cables (12 € / piece) Cables patches that can be cut to the desired length to perfect his pedalboard. The implementation is a breeze: the desired length is chosen, cut with the side cutter provided and is driven into the male connector jacks. Then you shake the single fastener with a small screwdriver and it's done. Visually it's pretty and exudes quality. Warning: This solderless kit is ONLY create patches cables, not instruments jacks 2m! Technically it is possible but it will not be all shot. It is designed for connecting a pedal attached to initially pedalboard! In terms of sound quality is impeccable, no loss in the high frequencies, midrange and bass; unlike the yellow cables and others I have had in troubleshooting before. To sum up, this kit is not cheap, but helps to make the desired patch cables for his pedalboard custom Personal length. Given the time seems right, I bought 3 kits over 2 years and no problems reported. A good alternative for those who can not weld, for those who do not want to complicate things. I redid this choice to even 2x growing my pedalboard, but if I had to do a full pedalboard, I think I would do my patches single cable with a soldering iron. It is certainly pleased tedious, but the bill is divided by 2 to see 3! Excellent product.

EastWest Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra Gold Edition - Slightly outdated yet awesome tool

by julian_r7 on 09-20-2014 09:14 AM I was about to start a project that required orchestral samples and I got advice to use Quantum Leap: it turns out that this was great, because it spared me from going through hundreds of mediocre plugins. The installing process is as simple as any other plugin of the sort: install it and load it from your DAW. I never had any compatibility issues, and the software is clear enough that it does not require a manual for basic use: all the modelling tools are visible from start. I only did resort to the manual when I came to use Keyswitch samples and other advanced options, and not only the instructions were clear but also it provided me with means of making my music more realistic and full of subtleties.

EastWest Voices Of The Apocalypse - For very particular uses only

by julian_r7 on 09-20-2014 08:45 AM The general configuration is as easy as it gets: a very straightforward install and then you just load Kontakt and drop the program in it. Then select the types of voices. You will probably take some time to get acquainted with the tool and develop a good workflow. You get to pick and choose consonants and wovels to build your words, which makes for a tiresome process. Actually some users developed utilities to solve this.

Vox VT20+ - very nice but flat for the metal.

by jafi on 09-20-2014 08:43 AM Modeling amp with a 12AX7 tube that comes after the transistor part of 20 watts to 30 watts with the lamp. with lots of effects including vintage effects to the Jimi Hendrix (octave ...) is the specialty of vox. Amp Model List (33) * Three Version of Each amp model are Provided: Standard, Special, and Custom. Clean, Cali Clean, US Blues, US 2x12, VOX AC15, VOX AC30, UK Rock, UK Metal, US High Gain, US Metal, Metal Shop Effect Model List (25) Pedal: Comp, Acoustic, Auto Wah, U-Vibe, Brn Octave, Treble Boost, Tube OD (overdrive), Gold Drive, Org Dist, Metal Dist, Fuzz Modulation / Delay: CE Chorus, Multi Chorus, Flanger, Org Phase, Twin Trem, G4 Rotary, Pitch Shift, Filtron, Tape Echo, Delay, Chorus + Delay Reverb: Room, Spring, Hall Noise Reduction Preset Song (33) tuner button, master, power. optional pedalboard, it is robust

Softube Tube-Tech CL1B - Silky Smooth - the Tube-Tech CL1B

by S2D on 09-20-2014 07:13 AM The Softube Tube-Tech CL1B is a plugin emulation of the original hardware unit by the same name. The hardware compressor has been around since 1987 and was created in Denmark as an updated LA-2A opto style of compressor. It has a legendary reputation and a starring role as the go to compressor in many top studios around the world, so it's easy to see why Softube decided to make a plugin to mimic the hardware. From the beginning, installation is straight forward although you do need an iLok to run the plugin...and the less said about that the better. Anyway, once you have everything up and running in your DAW the configuration is very simple and the GUI is exactly the same as the hardware unit and beautifully done, infact you'll probably spend the first 5 minutes foaming at the mouth at how good it looks but of course it's not all about the looks, luckily though it sounds even better. The manual should be briefly consulted to get yourself familiar with the 3 different 'attack/release SELECT' sections, or you could just take my word for it when i say; 'Fixed' has an Attack time of 1 millisecond, and a Release time of 50 milliseconds. 'Manual' allows the user to set the attack time from 0.5 to 300 milliseconds and the release time from 0.05 seconds to 10 seconds. and 'Fix/Man' is a combination of both and you will definitely need to read the manual for this as it is quite complex It also features a side-chaining option like a lot of other compressors, the manual has a section where it gives settings to try for different applications such as vocals, guitars etc and this could be a starting point for new users of the CL1B.

Morley MSW - Mini Wah Maverick

by terenceyvorra on 09-20-2014 04:26 AM it s aggit of a pedal wah it combines ease of use modern (optical detection) and a pretty vintage sound in the sense that ca n steve vai is not a sign she has a exelent beffer c the only non true bypass that I have and I didn acute loss of in out 9v DC

Samick OM 8CE Greg Bennett

by Brokenjig on 09-20-2014 04:08 AM Samick Greg Bennett OM8 THIS TOP Solid Cedar, back, sides rosewood, rosewood bridge, electro acoustic, Fishman preamp with onboard tuner

DV Mark DV7 Booster - exellent!

by terenceyvorra on 09-20-2014 04:04 AM 7-band equalizer and a booster both functions are intependantes true bypass factory in Italy in out energizable 9 to 12V
A3E sponsorship event box

Check out A3E in Boston!