• lion-ucs

There is no available content written by lion-ucs
  • Content by Audiofanzine

Sony PCM-M10 - Top-notch pocketable field recorder

by TreDay on 11-25-2014 05:54 PM Since I've purchased the M10 a few months ago, it's been my sole recorder for both outdoor field recording ambiances and also studio recording sound effects. It's also easy to keep in my pocket to carry around and record random sounds that I encounter while I'm on the go. The first thing you notice about the PCM-M10 is that it's extremely compact, about the size of a small cellphone, though a bit thicker. It features 8GB of internal storage with a slot for a MicroSD card or Sony's proprietary M2 format for more storage and both a microphone and line input in addition to the two onboard omnidirectional microphones. The omnidirectional mics are actually quite usable and relatively quiet for cheap onboard microphones. They actually have a bit of wind protection under the casing, making them usable outdoors on mildly windy days without requiring a fuzzy wind protector. It's important to note that the M10 doesn't have any XLR inputs and it doesn't supply phantom power, so you'll have to use a phantom power supply or a separate mixer like the Sound Devices MixPre-D to power condenser microphones if they aren't battery powered. The M10 is able to record in PCM format up to 24-bit/96KHz. It's also capable of recording in encoded MP3 in 3 bitrates: 64kbps, 128kbps, and 320kbps. One problem with the M10 is that even when using an external microphone you cannot record in mono. I do most of my recording with the M10 for one shot sound effects so I don't actually need stereo recordings too often, therefore I have to manually strip or downmix in my 2-track audio editor to get a mono recording. A mild annoyance, but an annoyance nonetheless. The build quality is great. It's mostly plastic with an aluminum face, but it doesn't feel flimsy at all. There's no loose parts wiggling around and it feels very solid. There is some handling noise when you use the unit, so you need to be careful with your hands when using the onboard mics. The interface is decent, but you need to dig through menus quite a bit when it comes to enabling options and features as the front panel is very simplified with just the transport buttons and a few other utility buttons like changing what the display shows and an options menu button. There's a roller knob on the side that controls your recording level and a rocker switch on the other side that controls your line out volume. The preamps are very quiet, especially for a handheld recorder in this price range. I use a Rode NT1A, NT3, and NT5 with a Denecke PS-1A as a power supply as my main microphones when recording sound effects in my studio. The results are clean and clear with low noise, definitely capable of professional quality recordings. I used a Zoom H4n briefly before buying the M10 and found both the mics and preamps quite noisy in comparison (though still usable!), so I returned that and purchased the M10. That said, the line out when using headphones is actually quite noisy, even when set to headphone mode, it's mostly only useful for simple monitoring. The display isn't very big, but the backlighting is sufficient and the volume levels take up a good portion of the LCD screen so they're easy to see even in low light situations. When using the onboard mics, there's actually two LEDs on the top left and right corners that will light up green or red to give you a quick reference for your volume levels as well. Two of my favorite features of the M10 are the exceptionally good battery life and the Cross-Memory recording. Sony handheld products in general are usually pretty good about battery life and the M10 is fantastic in this regard. Two AA batteries will power the unit for over 30-40 hours before you'll need to replace them. In real world time, this can end up lasting weeks or months unless you're doing very long recording sessions on a regular basis. The Cross-Memory recording will seamlessly switch from the internal storage to your MicroSD card once the internal storage fills up without stopping a take. A very handy feature that will give you some peace of mind during those really long recording sessions. The M10 has a built-in limiter and low cut filter to help reduce some wind and low frequency ambient noises, but it's not as configurable as some other handheld recorders in this price range that let you specify the frequency you want to cut at, it's just a simple on-off option. It's an awesome little recorder for not much money. If you can get past the lack of XLR and phantom power, it's an easy recommendation. It's small, has decent onboard microphones, quiet preamps, and some excellent quality of life features like the cross-memory recording and best-in-class battery life. Pros: + Great build quality + Superb battery life + Decent omnidirectional microphones + Quiet preamps + Cross-Memory recording so you don’t need to stop a take and switch from internal to external storage + Small and portable + Affordable (about $200-250 USD new) Cons: - No XLR or Phantom Power - Can only record in stereo - Some menu diving necessary to turn on and off features Read more on Audiofanzine

Cort Moscato 1 - You must love design

by loqu on 11-25-2014 06:48 AM Asian manufacturing. Read more on Audiofanzine

Boss OD-2 - Old Up Mod - Modded by MSM Workshop - a second life

by benderleben on 11-25-2014 06:08 AM grd not change that side ergonomics is the same one the components change (I am not a fan ... except bosses) Read more on Audiofanzine

Darkglass Electronics Duality - Fuzz with multiple personalities

by bouns83 on 11-25-2014 05:46 AM Finnish manufacturing fuzz pedal. Finish on top, it exudes strength. 1 knob blend to mix his clear and full. 1 knob level to adjust the sound level of the saturated signal. 1 knob duality to gradually move from its old fuzz to sound aggressive and acid fuzz. 1 knob filter for enriching or impoverishing the sound treble harmonics. Read more on Audiofanzine

Roland FA-06 - good

by zouzouko on 11-25-2014 05:42 AM 5 octaves sorry, but I just got it and am not returned in time encore.pour basic use Read more on Audiofanzine

Behringer V-Tone GMX112 - Fun Amp for Home and Beginners

by aswilliams on 11-25-2014 04:39 AM The GMX 112 is a 60 watt analog modelling amp with a Bugera speaker. It has all of the effects that a typical guitarist could hope to use along with 3 amp models and different gain types. Visually, it is a pleasant amp to look at. I has a "vintage" look to it and color coded led lights for reference in low lighting. The knobs and decal on the front look cheap but I never had a problem with them breaking. On the front panel there are two sets of knob controls for drive, EQ (low, mid, high), and level for each of the 2 channels. To the right of these are controls for selecting and editing effects. Read more on Audiofanzine

Yorkville NX 750P - excellent forum

by malabre on 11-25-2014 01:53 AM I use it for can I try and listen hk jbl yamaha dsr 115 etc. most: it's a 750w speaker makes it very hard walking by a port competition. we would say that my one a double wall 38cm there is an incredible acute low end is powerful. the bass and treble can be adjusted is the frequencies 40hz or 90Hz THE LEAST. a second carrying handle I judge the quality / price very good new is used. Read more on Audiofanzine

Yorkville Elite E215 - correct speaker

by malabre on 11-25-2014 01:39 AM I use 1 year I try and listen hk jbl srx and mrx, das st1510 and rf215, EV T252 2152 px etc. most: it is an enclosure that is 1000w on 4ohms it works very well for a port the audio das st1510 competition or ev T252 + jbl srx and mrx and hk ConTour EV etc. this enclosure is can the full branch ranks an amp or bi-amp and two 38 cm amp compression. the bi-amp mode for me is better midrange / woofer and especially the acute and exploitable soothsayer head room we can set and outdoor amps thoroughly. LEAST this speaker does not work as well as the E215 yorkville more power in low and treble weight about 53 kg, but there are wheels of origin must efficacité.et also bought the EP2152 processor, but it's cheap about 250 euros. be careful compression 1 inch (bms 4550) with pavilion 1.75 inches Bookings to be very large rooms or outdoors. provide large amp 1000w 4 ohms and more full-range and bi-amp 200w and 1000w on 4ohms on 8ohms for acute and I judge the quality / price very good new is used. Read more on Audiofanzine

Boss DS-1 Distortion - How disappointing

by Kirikou55 on 11-25-2014 01:28 AM This is a distortion pedal. Supplied without power. Read more on Audiofanzine

XLN Audio Addictive Drums 2 Artist - Not happy at all!

by almaloca on 11-25-2014 01:20 AM I will not give my opinion on the product since I could not try it! and for good reason, this version does not work in 32-bit because it is too greedy. Maybe, but then why not specify it in the product file?!? so far, no problem, I go to the dealer where I bought it, German magazine not to mention it, and was told that the software is not exchangeable or refundable. (Such as panties) after multiple exchanges with technicians at xln, we finally suggested that I switch to 64 bits. sincerely, that one, I could find my own! I have no desire to get into such a project, especially that my software is not all compatible with 64bit. that I did learn what use are trial versions! I still find it a bit contemptuous from xln not be clear about this. never mind, I returned home ez drum, and I am satisfied. Read more on Audiofanzine

Tokyo Dawn Labs TDR Feedback Compressor II

by angieguitar on 11-25-2014 12:31 AM No problem is clear and manu Read more on Audiofanzine

Rivera Rake Head 55 - The best of Rivera amps?

by opa2134a on 11-24-2014 11:07 PM 55W all-tube, 80, pushed by 2xEL34 and five 12AX7 / ECC83 preamp. No grinder. Two low / Hi inputs, two outputs hp (selector 4/8/16), two channels (Fender / Marshall), with a very specific equa, and several types of voicing via push pull (mid notch, bright, boost) Presence of a potentiometer and a FOCUS (reply Hp), buffered effects loop with volume, a pro amp! FS7 a footswitch to change channels or trigger a boost (adjustable on mine) This amp gives a range of impressive, with the base a thick and rich sound, a huge pool of low medium, and never aggressive treble. The choice of cabinet is critical to get the most for my part, a closed 1x12 with a G1265 Rola, and an open baffle with a G12T85 UK. My fifth RIVERA, all the others, I have sold the one, I keep it! Read more on Audiofanzine

Applied Acoustics Systems Ultra Analog VA-1 - A Virtual Analog workhorse!

by TreDay on 11-24-2014 11:02 PM Ultra Analog VA-1's installation and setup process uses a standard challenge and response registration system. Once you start to use it, the user interface is immediately familiar if you've ever used a Virtual Analog synthesizer. Everything is on one panel, there's no complex routing, and everything has very clearly labeled knobs. The manual also explains the functions well, should you need to reference something. The plugin is a little old at this point so the interface is actually a little too small for use on modern high resolution displays and that's definitely a concern for those with impaired vision. Read more on Audiofanzine

Eastwood Guitars Classic 12 - Walnut - very very good surprise for a ridiculous price

by jibzeone on 11-24-2014 10:33 PM Semi-acoustic 12 string guitar built in Korea. Mine 2014 date ... I would have loved to fall on an old model Cygnus, but it does not grow on trees (those actively seeking a 12-string will agree) Adjust'o'matic type of bridge Channel thin enough for a 12 string (reminds me of my slim type les paul classic 12-string version so to speak) 2 types of microphones Gretsch FilterTron and co. Besides the guitar frankly evokes a certain gentleman contry of Mr. Harrison. Finally two tone knobs and 1 for the volume (still in the Gretsch mind). Guitar very well finished (I have known much more expensive with finishes made by piglets and many disappointing in other respects with regard to the price, it therefore comes into play for the note) Read more on Audiofanzine

Electro-Harmonix EHX Tortion - not bad, but it all depends on his sound requirements ...

by ricoute on 11-24-2014 10:23 PM Dual channel distortion 1st flight channel / trble / mid / bass / with 2 pre-gain settings plexi or hot rod with full EQ and Full Tight defatted more with 2nd volume channel gain analog in out and 1 XLR socket for studio émuled it seems t Read more on Audiofanzine

Gator Cases G-BUS-8

by ricoute on 11-24-2014 10:03 PM for over half a year, I bought another one for my second pb no, gator is a serious brand and good reviews, I did not look for something else, the lab are woodoo PSU can be even better but the price too! no feature I do not like 8 9v jack and 3 taken so 18v total 12prises 0.35v max per socket (it leaves room) Oddly it does a 9 cables (only 1 for 18v ​​it is necessary to resume more if using heads catch! R / P / Q / is very good flush Yes no problem I remake this choice! Read more on Audiofanzine

Audio-Technica AE4100 - So well said .....

by marc la terreur on 11-24-2014 09:58 PM dynamic vocal microphone Cardioid Hand !! here is more info on the website of AT.fr Read more on Audiofanzine

Hondo L-5 Fatboy - A beauty with perfect microphones

by Jonasm on 11-24-2014 09:51 PM - In what country was she made? This is my model of a Hondo II FatBoy L-5 1981 (and not all short Hondo): in other words, it belongs to the second generation of the production of the brand, and is therefore Japanese. The Hondo factories were born in Korea in 1969 and then left for Japan in 1974 and will remain there until 1983, during which the plants back to Korea, where they were born: Clearly, this Japanese period represents the age of Gold Hondo, with beautifully crafted guitars, equipped with micro DiMarizo. The Hondo II Fatboy L-5 is also cited as the reference model. Hehe! - What type of race? Bolt typical guitars of the 50s a real highway. Ability to adapt a Bigsby vibrato types. - Frets? Pickups? 20 frets, though filed down. No hitches. Original DiMarzio (a bridge humbucker, a humbucker neck). An incredible meeting, hyper-typed and clean way. Jewelry. - Settings? 2 volume knobs, two tone knobs. Each microphone. Micro switch to activate one pickup / pickup + neck pickup / neck pickup alone. Read more on Audiofanzine

Fairfield Circuitry The Barbershop millenium - pretty good but quite specific use

by ricoute on 11-24-2014 09:47 PM it is an overdrive says "low gain" no "edition not rackable analog connectors in / out / 9.6v power supply negative center 2.1mm jack Classic What Read more on Audiofanzine

Akai EIE Pro - A convenient interface

by CerotoneSystem on 11-24-2014 09:43 PM The features that attracted me the most are: The number of inputs / outputs (4 mono or 2 stereo) XLR or Jack with insert behind the card and the level mic / guitar Line facade. The meters are very practical and true (although I feel it captures the master of the signal without effects on my ableton which can make typing in the red even with a limited eg ... ). The practical side of Headphone Select for the headphone output, a mix knob for the signal in or out or in between. Phantom power, and switch level mic / guitar. Gains of knobs. It covers the 16/24 bit and 44 kHz / 96 kHz. I turn to the config following: 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 / 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Mac OS X mid 2011 (running in dual core 2x4 for now). Read more on Audiofanzine

RCF ART 745-A - Hi, I'm going to listen to a store PA Toulouse

by futuria31 on 11-24-2014 08:46 PM I can tell you one thing IS SUPERB not need to sub for parties up to 150 people without any problem I am faithful to rcf since 1988 (I also had the jbl, gauss, ev), but questions speaker goes everywhere I say yes, it's a lot warmer than 715 jbl with better bass to spend 80,90,2000 years, this is more than enough, now you see if you like carrying subs, its going to me I gave. Read more on Audiofanzine

Music Man Stingray V - Teal blue

by pussinboots on 11-24-2014 07:48 PM USA 1997 birdeyes wax Well it's a 5 string Stingray, 1 pad, a simple switch, double parallel, double serial coil (s). EQ 3 trebble, medium, bass. Perfect balance. Channel and mapple key. The racing machine is felt immediately. Read more on Audiofanzine

Elipson 1303 - Unalterable reputation!

by Franko HARDRIDER on 11-24-2014 07:46 PM The motivation? First they line: imposing, robust and proud, it will hang at first sight! Then the technique: 3-way speakers labyrinth. The first non-spherical enclosure with Elipson setting acoustic phase speakers and triple resonator. They consist of 3 speakers (a TWM SIARE HIF13 CP12 and two big magnet). A first volume includes two speakers in front, Tweeter SIARE TWM HIF13 + (13cm) triple resonator provided by a small vent at the rear of the enclosure, the second volume provided by the large front vent comprises the second HIF13 (13cm) to symmetrical load, not shown, confined within the enclosure. HP DIN Female output. Bandwidth at +/- 0.3 dB from 40 Hz to 23,000 Hz Theoretical power handling of 100 Watts RMS Low Efficiency 82 dB. For use only audiophile, it was expected to be powered by a Schneider hifi amp A Sound Project 12000 (Philips), but to listen to the result with a receiver Technics SA 500, they stayed with it. Read more on Audiofanzine

Electro-Harmonix OD Glove - correct for 50 euro

by martok99 on 11-24-2014 07:34 PM Digital DISTO. 3 KNOBES - VOL - GAIN - TONE + 2 switch (Bepass guitar and shift it off) Read more on Audiofanzine

Epiphone 50th Anniversary 1962 Sheraton E212T Outfit - Vintage Sunburst - A super skyscraper

by MaNoLo_KaTcHo on 11-24-2014 06:48 PM 1/4 box - body and maple top with binding Mahogany neck - Rosewood Pearl - 22 boxes with binding Neck pickup and bridge: Gibson USA mini humbucker - 2 volume and 2 tone Tuners: Grover ™ Kidney style, 14: 1 Easel LockTone tun-o-matic Read more on Audiofanzine

Hewlett-Packard Probook 450 - Top notch

by Avathar on 11-24-2014 06:34 PM PC excellent. Mac user for 7 years, I took a PC in order to see what it was. And the experience is more promising. For 750 euros I have a PC Core I5, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD (I will change to 1TB or 2TB), a touch screen, the USB3. very complete, and unlike Macs, dear, an ATI Radeon 1GB card. on the other hand I have the 8.1 pro resume as ghosts sold in pack license from HP do not work well ... Read more on Audiofanzine

Korg Pandora Mini - White - Do not buy

by ronron on 11-24-2014 06:06 PM REMS system 158 effects in 7 categories: - Modeling microphones - Modeled Amps - Modeling baffles - Effects filters and modulation - Time - Reverb - Noise Reduction - 400 effect programs - 158 effect types - Up to 7 effects simultaneously. - 100 rhythm patterns, Tempo: 40-240 BPM. - Built-in tuner. - Entries Guitar, Bass and Aux (for MP3, CD, etc). - Line outputs and headphone - USB and Battery Power. - Dimensions (W x D x H): 8 x 5.6 x 3 cm Read more on Audiofanzine

Dave Smith Instruments Pro 2 - NEW PROPHET !!!

by revega on 11-24-2014 04:46 PM The Pro 2 is the latest in the series inaugurated by Dave Smith Prophet via Sequential Circuits in 1978 with the first of all, the Prophet 5. More than 35 after the series is always a guarantee of quality and still stands singularly competition both in its technical aspects and sound. The Pro 2 as its name suggests is, therefore, the son '' legitimate '' Pro 1 released in 1980. What about the technical aspects of the Pro 2: 4 oscillators based on DSP 1 under sinusoidal oscillator Oscillators by: -4 Waveforms -13 Superwaves (for something different) -3 Types of noise oscillator: White, pink, purple Cross frequency modulation Paraphonic Mode 4 notes (very interesting) Dual analog filter: Series or parallel (impressive) 5 digital effects (including a sensible reproduce 4 LFOs synchronized 16 x 2 matrix modulation Step Sequencer: Up to 32 steps per sequence and up to 16 tracks 32 step arpeggiator Stereo analog distortion Presets: 396 User and 396 factory Line input Jack 6.3mm 2 line outputs on 6.3mm Jack 4 inputs and 4 outputs CV CV on mini 3.5mm Gate 1 output on mini 3.5mm Headphone Output Jack 6.3 mm Connections for expression pedals and sustain MIDI In / Out / Thru USB (MIDI) Dimensions: 742 x 325 x 105 mm Weight: 8.5 kgRead more on Audiofanzine

LTD EC-1000 - Metallic Gold - It has everything a great!

by Animaxion on 11-24-2014 01:30 PM Guitar made in Korea, with a body and mahogany set a very comfortable neck with 24 frets jumbo frets, two Seymour Duncan Alnico II (to the delight of Slash, Queens Of The Stone Age or Queensryche) with two potentiometers volume (one for each humbucker) and a tone. It adds a 3-position selector and it was a guitar that looks a lot like a very nice Les Paul, with its chrome hardware and golden table. Read more on Audiofanzine

Orange CR3 Micro Crush - A great surprise

by Kirikou55 on 11-24-2014 08:37 AM This is a 3W Amp Transistor A volume A tone A switch to activate the overdrive A built-in tuner Read more on Audiofanzine
Special 93% Offer

Got beats? Samples? Mixing and mastering services? Get a head start with this 93% OFF special offer!