• jetwingfighter

There is no available content written by jetwingfighter
  • Content by Audiofanzine

Yamaha BB1024 - What a lovely bass!

by on 02-19-2017 12:41 AM I'm writing this review after receiving several requests from AudioFanzine users :-D ;) I only started playing the bass a few months back so this review if not pro-level! I originally am a synth...Read more on Audiofanzine

Arturia MatrixBrute - A monstrous sound that goes to the bottom of things

by on 02-15-2017 11:51 PM Hi, I've been using the matrixbrute in my studio for the past 3 weeks. It's an exceptional gearn just as I expected. Look at it from far and this beast is impressive: knobs everywhere, many butt...Read more on Audiofanzine

JBL EON One - EON One - Late to the Party, but Welcome Nonetheless... with one gripe

by on 02-14-2017 04:39 AM Already an LD Systems MAUI 28 Line Array owner, I was tiring of lugging the Sub-woofer portion of the system(62 lbs) up multiple flights of stairs. So I began looking for a lighter alternative. ...Read more on Audiofanzine

Avid Pro Tools First - Free Pro Tools | First vs Studio One 3 Prime

by on 02-10-2017 02:53 PM I have been looking at the 'free' versions of leading DAW lately. I owned a PT 11 and have been working in it for my video production requirement though I am only a 'self learned engineer'. However...Read more on Audiofanzine

Fender Road Worn '50s Stratocaster - P-OOOOO'D

by on 02-08-2017 04:24 AM DISCLOSURE STATEMENT - I owned a "road worn 50's Stratocaster" about 8 years ago and LOVED it. Thats the model that was discontinued..I bought one of these new Pieces of garbage from Musicians fr...Read more on Audiofanzine

Antelope Audio ZenTour - Zen Tour Review and comparison with other interfaces

by on 01-31-2017 06:03 PM I'm an ex RME UCX user. And i have used also Apollo (the first version not the Black faced or MK2). Many times i've worked also with Metric Halo ULN8 bigger productions. I've used also Audient...Read more on Audiofanzine

Yamaha LS16 ARE - An outstanding value and instrument for the money

by on 01-26-2017 09:45 AM I am a professional studio and performing musician who purchased this instrument to fill a temporary gap in my acoustic arsenal for a small-sized guitar while waiting for a commissioned, custom-mad...Read more on Audiofanzine

Line 6 JTV-59 - Tobacco Burst - James Tyler Line 6 guitars worse than old Variax models

by on 01-20-2017 08:18 PM I am an owner of a Line 6 Varix 500, which I have owned for six years, have been pleased with the guitar! however I read how much better the Line 6 JTV69S were in comparison with the old Line 6 Gui...Read more on Audiofanzine

GLS Audio ES-58 - Better and cheaper than the Shure SM58

by on 01-19-2017 03:04 AM I was looking for a Shure SM57 when i stumbled upon youtube tests & reviews of this GLS Audio clone. I was skeptic at first but some of those tests are extremely well done and convincing. I thought...Read more on Audiofanzine

GLS Audio ES-57 - Better and cheaper than the Shure SM57

by on 01-19-2017 03:02 AM I was looking for a Shure SM57 when i stumbled upon youtube tests & reviews of this GLS Audio clone. I was skeptic at first but some of those tests are extremely well done and convincing. I thought...Read more on Audiofanzine

Lâg Custom Shop - Limited Series Collection - Lag Custom

by on 01-13-2017 04:36 AM I believe I bought the pre production for the custom/collector guitars. it was in the late 80s (I sold my alfa romeo to get the baby!) This was directly from the little shop next to Toulouse. ...Read more on Audiofanzine

Marshall MG15DFX - Bought this because I also own a 15W valvastate and wanted a pair to run stereo effects.

by on 01-04-2017 06:03 AM This amp is nearly identical to the Valvestate series. I've owned a 15W combo and 100W head for about 10 years so I know them well. I found a great price on the MG so I bought it so I'd have a pair...Read more on Audiofanzine

Boss DI-1 Direct Box - Good, but too loud

by on 01-03-2017 06:36 PM It's a good DI, but the output is really loud compared to other DI's. It works fine to roll off on a normal mixer but some inexpensive preamps on my scarlett 18i8 for example can't handle it's loud...Read more on Audiofanzine

Marshall VS15R [1996-2000] - Owned this amp a long time and its been a good practice amp.

by on 12-28-2016 06:02 AM Been playing for over 50 years and have owned at least as many amps. As a repair tech I've used just about everything made at one time or another. This amp is fine for what it is, and inexpensi...Read more on Audiofanzine

Chaser WS 500 - Chaser 500

by on 12-24-2016 01:09 AM I know it's a Martin copy but with medium Martin strings my guitar holds it own with most any thing better than a Taylor or tak it's warm and punchy in the tone department I've put an active m1 on ...Read more on Audiofanzine

Yamaha FG800 - The Best Deal in Retail Acoustic Guitars

by on 12-23-2016 10:47 AM The Yamaha FG-800 is Yamaha's upgrade and replacement for the FG-700s, the best selling acoustic guitar of all time. They changed the bracing so it would have deeper bass. Now it sounds more like...Read more on Audiofanzine

Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 - 2 years with Komplete Kontrol and i have not looked back.

by on 12-21-2016 07:56 PM Well I can't stress enough how great komplete kontrol has been for improving my workflow, I start projects a lot easier and finish them a lot sooner, I would recommend it to any producer who heavi...Read more on Audiofanzine

Neumann U 87 Ai - Excellent Microphone!

by on 12-16-2016 05:06 AM What an excellent bit of kit! a friend of mine recently gave me the honour of borrowing it for a weekend studio session and had some excellent results recording vocals and guitar. Its a heft price ...Read more on Audiofanzine

Electro-Voice Subwoofer G 118 - E V Gladiator G118

by on 12-05-2016 12:45 AM Excellent sub . J'en possède 2 pairé avec 2 QSC mx1500a en mode bridge Capable de prendre facilement 1000w 8 ohm . Besoin de beaucoup de puissance pour bien les exploiter . Rend bien les grosses ba...Read more on Audiofanzine

Alesis Core 1 - Too bad...

by on 12-04-2016 05:18 AM I’ve used this interface with Ableton. The sound card is stable and provides little latency. The interface is ergonomic: a well-built aluminium casing, and a practical line/guitar switch. This sou...Read more on Audiofanzine

Roland TB-03 - Finally, a renewal

by on 12-04-2016 05:07 AM [b]For which kind of music and specific applications or uses (studio, shows...) have you chosen this synth?[/b] No introduction needed for Roland's TB synths, I use it for experimental, techno a...Read more on Audiofanzine

Sebastian Heinz Patchblocks - Nice, tiny Swiss army knives - to assemble yourself

by on 12-03-2016 05:49 PM Patchblocks are very tiny "multifunctional" modules. Actually, each patchblock (I own four, plus two midiblocks) features a minijack in and out, plus a 5-pin digital input (not MIDI – but I’ll get ...Read more on Audiofanzine

Bogner Wessex - A 'clean' overdrive

by on 12-03-2016 05:16 AM I've been using this overdrive combined with the Harlow and the result is awesome. The Wessax alone already sound very good, the sound stays focused at whatever saturation level and the tone con...Read more on Audiofanzine

Audiothingies Micromonsta - An astounding synth

by on 12-03-2016 04:52 AM [u]What I like about this piece of gear[/u] : - First, you feel how clever its conception is, with the sound quality (passion) and the concept of making a low-budget synth. When you play with it...Read more on Audiofanzine

Mono M80 Vertigo Electric Guitar - A softcase that seems efficient for transporting and protecting

by on 12-01-2016 05:57 AM I only bought it a few days ago, I got this softwase because i was tired of traveling with a heavy, cumbersome case. This softcase is light, it protects the instrument as it should and has a few t...Read more on Audiofanzine

Fender Custom Shop 60th Anniversary '54 Heavy Relic Stratocaster - The ultimate dream !!!

by on 11-30-2016 04:24 AM This model celebrates the anniversary of the very first Stratocaster model. It was manufactured with carefully selected materials and benefits from a "Heavy Relic" aging process that evokes decade...Read more on Audiofanzine

Gibson Les Paul Junior Faded - Satin White - A little big one

by on 11-30-2016 03:07 AM Mine is a White Satin finish from 2009. It has an ebony touch, unlike more recent models… USE It’s mostly a guitar for crunch sounds, as it only has a single pickup – now the way to get cle...Read more on Audiofanzine

Roland PA-250 - Roland PA-250, full of raw character

by on 11-30-2016 02:45 AM I found this mixer by pure chance at a secondhand market two years ago, its big, white-on-black Roland logo had aroused me among all the stuff that surrounded it. According to the seller, it had b...Read more on Audiofanzine

Telefunken / Siemens AEG M15 MASTER STEREO - A beautiful device

by on 11-29-2016 02:16 PM I originally got this device for a musician’s masterclass. Then the years passed and I made myself a small studio and took this grandma out – I’d even forgotten I had it… after a quick restoration...Read more on Audiofanzine

Two Notes Audio Engineering Le Clean - LE preamp... but a bit too well-behaved, perhaps?

by on 11-29-2016 03:39 AM I use it for computer music, straight from XLR into the mixer with the amp emulation on, into presonus monitors. Various guitars, from dirty hbs to the thin clean sound of a Telecaster. A Zoom G3 i...Read more on Audiofanzine
Special 93% Offer

Got beats? Samples? Mixing and mastering services? Get a head start with this 93% OFF special offer!