• Harry62

There is no available content written by Harry62
  • Content by Audiofanzine

Gibson SG 200 - Friendly without more

by starcri on 01-10-2014 08:27 PM A small guitar rather rustic pretty lightweight and fragile. Well balanced. No finish, (or bindings or degraded etc.) a simple varnish (but not one to stick to the hands as those of some G) The logo is screen printed in gold. Manche (bonded) C not very thin, rosewood fingerboard, small frets, Kluson mechanical kind. The handle is not bad but it's not a highway. Two single coil covered with plastic covers branded "Gibson" in cursive raised two small pushbuttons as a selector, volume and tone. The jack is also on the small plate reminiscent of Telecasters, it was better to have an angled jack to not be embarrassed. And a kind of bridge nickel cover (with "Gibson" engraved in cursive) the only useless thing this guitar also quite minimalist. Read more on Audiofanzine

AKG K77 - An ugly but really good helmet

by -LuG- on 01-10-2014 08:03 PM I use it for two years. I do not know exactly how much I paid (44 euros I think, either in all cases), but I remember that for the price, it had surprised me. I could test models from Sony or Marshall, supposedly made for the studio, but the starting price was too high. AKG made the entry level really good, solid, quality product, a choice! Read more on Audiofanzine

Sennheiser MD 441-U3 - unique in its class

by delayedbis on 01-10-2014 07:49 PM German model series BF (Black Fire Series): it does not include the pad 5 position, there is only a Bright Switch Read more on Audiofanzine

Yamaha MOXF8 - Set short-term obsolescence

by seudop on 01-10-2014 07:12 PM MOXF8: second round The indicators on the rear panel connectors are not readable when you're at the keyboard. I put labels to correct this neglect. The keyboard is okay. Large black dots are: 1: a sequencer with very limited capacity, thirty small pieces and memory (PM) is full ... a joke? no, no! is in kilobytes? Planned obsolescence. 2: a USB port that lets hope the ability to record sound on key, and no, this is not possible, not expected, or should I say ... voluntarily discarded. Planned obsolescence. The only solution for recording sound 16b / 44khz, but I have not tested the adapter needed is to connect a tablet to replace this computer not really suited to capture ideas improvised and spontaneity. For MIDI, the tablet eliminates the need sequencer ridiculous. I use it for a midi adapter. Another connection problem: twelve o'clock one entry, there should be a MIDI merge, or have an old keyboard with a richer connections. I use an old roland noon and 4 outputs with two MIDI inputs. Read more on Audiofanzine

SSL XLogic Alpha Channel - Clean, transparent and highly efficient

by arnoldorodeo on 01-10-2014 06:58 PM Transistor preamp XLR / Line / SPDIF 48v ... Read more on Audiofanzine

Dave Smith Instruments Pro 2 - Exc

by pgt on 01-10-2014 06:19 PM All Pro2 features are too numerous to list here, they are easily accessible on the site DaveSmithInstrument. However, the Pro2 has a hybrid design: 4 digital oscillators followed by two pure analog filters can be parallelized or serialized, 1 4-pole filter Type PROPHET 5 1 Fuel Type 2 POLES OBERHEIN SEM !!! (We are spoiled). Dave Smith added us SUPER SEQUENCER: 32 x 16 lines not !!! (What fun;-)) Obviously LFO / Envelloppes ... OLED screen 4x I / O CV / GATE ... The "polyphony" or rather "paraphonie" is 4 lanes (1 oscillator / channel). In the box found in the P2 +: 1 power cord, 1 manual. Read more on Audiofanzine

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded 2011 - Ebony Stain

by Bakaï on 01-10-2014 06:14 PM Made in Nashville USA The key is Ogbeche because at the time, Gibson was in the sights of the authorities. They had bought the rosewood smuggling ... For the rest it is a Les Paul Classic mahogany and maple. The body is hollow (chambered) making it a little lighter guitar. Gibson also made money on the paint faded but it gives pretty good I think ... Channel 50 'rounded The pickups are Burstbuckers pro. The finishes are really limits. After one week, I have to change a jumper that was torn off. Factory settings are dismal. Read more on Audiofanzine

MarkDrum YES1 - mark drum yes

by patrickdu30 on 01-10-2014 03:01 PM I just bought this drumkit I still do not know fully I think it's a good product that I have with the system is reversed bat Read more on Audiofanzine

JBL L 100 CENTURY

by pstoltz on 01-10-2014 02:39 PM Hello. I use since 1978 loaded with a Quad 405 and for 10 years in direct output of my computer and a sound card Sound Blaster X-FI, remisent nine for 3 years through Ebay-woofer-tweeter new medium of secondhand (copy remade in the usa) to cater to those looking for parts) .The sound is still as fabulous is the only forum that permetrait me to redo partitions bass guitar tuned !!! .Evidement The sound of L100 depends a lot on the amplifier with which it is used (and the listening room is also important). 405 being so transparent that the L100 remains neutral on all register. Speaker also used in the recording studio. The only enceite I could put at the same level are the Tannoy 38 (2 channels with built tweeter) but are more or at prices beyond reasonable Read more on Audiofanzine

Quad Hifi 405 - Fabulous

by pstoltz on 01-10-2014 02:16 PM I use it for almost 35 years (with JBL L00 Century) .modifié recent years by replacing the power supply capacitors (70v aluminum by the same capa still gives it more dynamic bass) and a quit Upgrade (hobby electronics) which readjusted the overly sensitive input gain a little behind and changes the amp ops. Already at the time this amp is considered one of the best and most neutral market now even fabuleux.et so strong that I even used to do in PA circuits blacken !!!! Read more on Audiofanzine

Yamaha A1S Silent - A very good piano

by rxp300 on 01-10-2014 01:55 PM Living in a studio in Paris, I wanted a baby grand piano with a good muffler system to play without disturbing and make computer music. I have tried many pianos in a shop in Paris, near the Père Lachaise, and A1 has my full attention: among the least 1m50 was the one who had the most convincing bass, beautiful Acute medium, and far more convincing than others installed retrospectively quiet system. The feel is very accurate, yamaha what, and the beautiful sound, very clean, which can be a quality as a default ... It offers a beautiful musicality and balanced sound, the bass is sufficient which sets it apart from other small pianos. It is very well made, and muffler system is fine, whatever silent mode, stock exhaust is modified, it does not offer quite the same precision, especially in the repeated notes. Please note that the velocity curve MIDI is reworking: I took some time to find the ideal response curve of Pianoteq. Very happy I got to 12,000 € OCCAZ more expensive than others, but the system silent nothing to do with competition, and mechanical and invoice are at the top also in line C1 and C3. A highly sought after opportunity piano, I'm lucky! Read more on Audiofanzine

Artec SE-ADL Analog Delay - correct for 25 euro

by martok99 on 01-10-2014 01:34 PM What are the effects or types of effects available? -------------------------------------------------- ---- Delay Are they edited? ------------------- yes three knob time mix repet + Comutateur What technology is used? Analog! Datasheet of the PT2399 is an Analog Circuit http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/391581/PTC/PT2399.html message: burebista when you know nothing about electronic one abstains. a chip is never a miniaturized electronics circuitry The digital signals is when a digitizing (and it's still an analog signals) Read more on Audiofanzine

Technics SL-1200 MK2 - Technics turntables will never let you down!

by nin1 on 01-10-2014 11:00 AM Most of the Djs you can see in the clubs, consider the Technics 1200 mk2 as one of the best turntables a music enthusiast can have. If you are starting to learn the basics of this amusing profession, there is no doubt that the technics products should be more frequent in the learning process. The 1200 mk2 version was dealing with a few changes since its first release in 1972, and its developers have made a fantastic turntable, which became a trademark in the hip hop culture because they were using it as an instrument. One of the notable advantages, is the weight of this turntable, which is 31 pounds. Yes, it is unusual for a turntable to weight as much as this, but it is a characteristic that provides a better sound quality since it is absorbing the vibrations from the speakers. Besides the marvellous weight feature, many users are disappointed in the lack of pitch adjustment beyond 8% and its developers aren’t willing to change it, even when some of the competitions were offering a better pitch adjustment. But, the ability to avoid any change of speed is on the highest level and the beatmatch will always be on point. Technics 1200 mk2 is the default music tool for almost every respectable DJ today, and even if it is amazing for the clubs, it can still do an amazing job in the audiophile world. The people, which are involved in the world of sound and pay an extraordinary level of details when it comes to achieving the perfect sound, are satisfied from Technics 1200 mk2 and suggest it to everyone who has doubts about it. There won’t be any rumble problems with this turntable because of the quality creation and weight of the product. Every DJ would have issues in the clubs if rumble and instability appears. Maybe one of the most important parts of the turntables is the tonearm because it's crucial when it comes to having a great sound. Technics weren’t developing a new tonearm for this turntable and it is an outdated feature that is not a good thing for the audiophiles. So, if you purchase a second hand Technics 1200mk2, you will need to change the tonearm if you are interested in a better sound. A creation that is built to last has never failed the people who follow the work of Technics and some of the characteristics can’t be found in other turntables. Having the ability to make a quick start-up with only 0.07 seconds, is an amazing feature to provide in the 70s. The torque motor is making a huge difference from the other turntable companies. The authentic moulded aluminium Diecast cabinet and heavy rubber base material keep the product undamaged. All of the vibrations a regular turntable has, can’t be found in Technics 1200 mk2. Today, used Technics 1200 mk2 can be purchased for a huge price, which is almost close to the regular price of a new turntable. The developers aren’t releasing this product anymore, so a used Technics is the only option if you are willing to have an excellent turntable in your home. Always avoid using Technics 1200 from DJs since their condition won’t be on a satisfying level. This is a very important characteristic for the audiophiles and for the people that don’t want to replace it with another turntable in a few years. Pros: - Built to last - Sliding pitch control - Designed for professional DJs - Audiophile quality - Absorbs vibrations - Perfect beatmatching Cons: - Technics doesn’t release them anymore - The second hand price is almost as expensive as a new turntable - Lack of pitch adjustment beyond 8% Read more on Audiofanzine

Neusonik NE08

by martok99 on 01-10-2014 10:50 AM Neusonik NE08 Features: 2-way active studio monitor Kevlar woofer 8 "silk tweeter + 1" 100dB signal to noise Frequency response: 40 Hz - 22 kHz Crossover frequency: 3.2 kHz 70 Watt bi-amping HF + low frequency floor floor Input: 1 x XLR, 1 x 6.3mm balanced (TRS) Magnetic Shield Thermal overload protection Protection filter subsonic bass Dimensions: 350 x 250 x 320 mm MDF enclosure covered with vinyl Weight: 10 kg Read more on Audiofanzine

Marshall DSL15C [2012 - ] - opinion very reserved about buying

by pierrot36 on 01-10-2014 09:47 AM SEE DATASHEET Chinese sturdy construction but fragile knobs like all marshalls 540 euros Read more on Audiofanzine

Midi Solutions Quadra Thru - COMPATIBILITY WARNING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by julien.georges1 on 10-01-2014 04:04 AM Being able to swing 4 midi thru, it's dream .... I drive a set with a MPC500 or MC303 groove box, and I rebalance to a micron (he even equipped with thru), a Volca beat, a Rocket and Sledge .... short of what machiqne live .... Or swing thru the Mainstage from Logic or through a fast track to the effects. Otherwise the case is a little cheap, it's a piece of plastic, given the price huh .... but I suggest you keep warm in your studio, forget raves .... Read more on Audiofanzine

Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 - Nice depending on the style

by Omega 44 on 10-01-2014 03:16 AM I used it for 9 months, I had tried before ENGLs. Good bass response even if it is not a 4x12, very precise (ie mesa XD) and of course hollow in the mids for a more modern sound (unless you play the big thick rock with American, there scratching your will compensate). What I like the most accuracy. What I like least, the basic compression on the signal somewhat reducing the violence of the guitar. The price / quality ratio is good because this stuff holds up, very durable and reliable !! With experience (I play the black and death metal), I would direct to marshall for cabs to sound American but typical, modern metal or big bold blues, it's great! Read more on Audiofanzine

Electro-Voice ECS 15-1 - The perfect sound

by jarviscocker on 10-01-2014 02:52 AM Purchased in the early 2000s I amplify these boxes with csl800 Crown and there happiness. I tried many configurations but Electrovoice quality is there. Coupled with a pair of SX200 there is a magic made or there is a clear specific well defined sound,. Would recommend if you find any opportunity near you, please. I could compare them with other sub and the EV are the best! Read more on Audiofanzine

Cort EVL-K6 - White Pearl - My favorite skyscraper. And loooooin.

by bloodjob on 09-30-2014 08:57 PM We will not go back on it. She is severely burnée. Tailored for the métoool. Between the EMG 81 AND 85 active duo beat up the riff and solo send the ebony fretboard which I think good so beautiful and wonderful to play and that keeps out floyd mullet I make him live ... What? I bought the satin black model, fascinated by inlays shaped Pentacles and the cross that goes from the box 11 15 Magnificent. But when I saw her in Pearl white, my heart missed a beat: I must have it. It's done. Read more on Audiofanzine

Cort X-6 - Cobalt Blue Satin - A great surprise

by bloodjob on 09-30-2014 08:32 PM In short: 24 frets, rosewood fingerboard, two humbucker, single, 3 positions, a split on the volume and tone. Mine is cobalt blue satin. Abandoned by his former master who sold me a piece of bread (100 balls, with lots of accessories, a bargain!) I restored set and I plan to put her wildest soon microphones. Equipped with basic EMG HZ passive and less punchy version of the EMG 81 and 85, I admit that I stayed on my hunger. Amazing, I have another cort evl K4 and a small EMG out sound perfect for ringworm good trash or technical metal Read more on Audiofanzine

Cort X-6 Assassinator Special Edition - It is the guitar

by bloodjob on 09-30-2014 08:13 PM I saw there some time, and I wanted her big sister. But too expensive (over € 1,100, a must in Cort). The design and finish are breathtaking, in the tradition of the finest dean! The inlays on the fretboard are beautiful and as usual 'with Cort, quick sleeves do as highways, well finished and fretted. 24 boxes of happiness, two full humbucker to single coil patatew anecdotal (I still do not see the interest), supported by a push pull to split the two humbucker. Floyd holds good agreement. Nothing to say. This is by far my best guitar, pat against, I quickly put him active EMG story she roars as she deserves! Read more on Audiofanzine

DigiTech RP500 - The best way ahead of the other

by bloodjob on 09-30-2014 07:26 PM No need to return it. All effects are present. Note the harmonizer which allows interesting simulation of 12 strings, the famous and infamous whammy settings maladd (haha detuuuuune the effect). The big plus is that in addition to being usable mode multi-effects pedalboard AND, it is also possible since the update, make a damn good looper. Besides the plethora of connectivity, the USB plug to turn it into sound without latency map (yes, tested and approved under guitar rig). Brief. Abused do so complete. Note that simus hi gain amps sound great. Absolute disgrace to those who dare say otherwise. We must connect the AC on a sound system or powered speakers for neutral understand !!! Obviously if one is beast enough to go through the grain of an amp + hp his shit, obviously it sounds cold and mushy or acid. Read more on Audiofanzine

Techniguitare Custom Booster V2 - Simple and effective ++ ++

by egoteebee on 09-30-2014 07:18 PM Clean booster effect really neutral with the opportunity to strengthen moderately treble via a small cross. Although gradual effect setting whose activation is indicated by a blue LED. I bought in kit version deluxe version which gives the assembly to choose between two versions (bypass or buffer). The price shown is the Deluxe version (premium components) work with "mache" (missing more than welded). Great tutorial online and in addition they respond to emails, so ... Read more on Audiofanzine

JJ / Tesla KT77 - a boosted EL34

by franfranky on 09-30-2014 07:17 PM quartet used in my HIWATT, balanced sound, great bass, warm mid, treble not too intrusive. very quiet. a lamp however slammed after twenty hours of use (shock? default? ...). replaced by another lamp paired with my quartet at Tubetown everything is back in order. a lot of headroom, tone between a 6L6 and EL34: dynamic warm but without the garish side EL34. Read more on Audiofanzine

Electro-Harmonix 12AX7 - big win and big noise

by franfranky on 09-30-2014 07:12 PM lamp used on my HIWATT in different position. big sound and huge gain against by no means silent, she brought a major buzz. she was little Faulty be, but for the price (15 euros) I think the value for money is not great. Read more on Audiofanzine

JJ / Tesla ECC83 S - very good value for money

by franfranky on 09-30-2014 07:09 PM lamp tried V1 and V3 (drive) my Hiwatt. sound fairly neutral, balanced, light very quiet, good gain, grain hot enough. a brief lamp goes everywhere with good value for money Read more on Audiofanzine

Tung Sol 12AX7 - very bright sound

by franfranky on 09-30-2014 07:06 PM V1, unwanted in my Hiwatt (played with a bass). its very clear but too acute, it sounds very "metal". Lamp not super silent drive in it brings a little hum. rather brief suitable for metal I think, but not hot and bluesy tones. Read more on Audiofanzine

MXR M116 Fullbore Metal - nikel chrome

by guigue106 on 09-30-2014 06:21 PM the effect available? : Depending on the game each edition? you turn the knobs you test and you feel t ADVISED! lamp? oO technology? I would say a former Read more on Audiofanzine

Hydrogen Music 0.9.6 - in progress and always free

by hhub92 on 09-30-2014 04:44 PM Easy installation under Windows 8.1 although this is still a beta version; This original sub ubuntustudio FEDORA CCRMA, Tangostudio or KXstudio in the stable version Linux, but the update is there: Linux, 0.9.6 is stable since August 2014. General configuration easy: to change anything in Windows, use Jack Linux. Incompatibilities: not really, but to make a multitrack output on Windows, it is not yet that ... Jack Windows refers to ASIO4ALL, not multitrack sound card but super strong. Otherwise, works well. The manual, tutorials and videos have evolved and it's not bad, I found the answer to some of my questions. It's clear, that's enough for routine use or advanced, if one builds his drumkits for example. Read more on Audiofanzine

Tascam US-2000 - My Baby

by sacchetta on 09-30-2014 04:11 PM TASCAM US 2000 - great product and features, even better price. The TASCAM US 2000 is a USB 16 input 4 output analogue to digital converter. This audio interface takes up just a single rack space where others would fill at least 2. With a street price of about $400 USD it's pretty irresistible. The US 2000 was an obvious choice for my needs. I wanted at least 8 pre-amped channels, however my biggest need was more than 2 outputs. When I realized the US 2000 had 6 TRS inputs on the back I knew I had to have it. This gave me the option to pretty much mic up a whole 5 piece rock band into one single rack space unit. Specs: -44.1/48/88.2/96kHz sample rate -16/24 bit rate -20Hz to 20kHz, +/-1dB(MIC IN to MONITOR OUTPUT) frequency response -Signal to noise ratio - 90dB(LINE IN to MONITOR OUTPUT,20kHz LPF + A-weighted) -100ohms -2.4kohms input impedance -Nominal input level of -60dBu(when gain knob is at maximum) -4dBu(when gain knob is at minimum) -Maximum input level of +12dBu -Line inputs have a -10dB +4 dB switch -Mono or stereo switch for each pair of input channels (with exception of digital channels) -Phantom power switch for every 2 pre-amped inputs -16 inputs (8 Pre-amped + 6 TRS line in + 2 S/PDIF) -Tracks 7 & 8 have insert jacks in the back -2 dedicated monitor outputs -4 line outputs (1-2 reflect the monitor outputs) -1 headphone jack on front with dedicated volume knob (100mW+100mW or more (32ohms loaded)) -Monitor & computer output knobs on front -Input monitoring knob -100 LED meter for input and output -USB 2.0 -Cubase LE 5 included -Power - AC100V to 240V, 50/60Hz - 14W consumption -Dimensions - 482.6(W)×44(H)×280(D)mm -Weighs 2.5kgRead more on Audiofanzine
Special 93% Offer

Got beats? Samples? Mixing and mastering services? Get a head start with this 93% OFF special offer!