• Dot_Robinson

There is no available content written by Dot_Robinson
  • Content by Audiofanzine

Yamaha MOX6 - "THE REASON AT ALL TO DO"

by BEATMAKE on 09-16-2014 07:13 AM Having a fairly short budget, I bought the MOX6 with some trepidation at first ... but my doubts were quickly dispelled. Indeed at first glance, it looks like a pattern MOX6 ... has pretty much the same look and feel of older versions, almost same functionality ... but not very aesthetic plastoc true. Matt black for the hull I do not like it at all, the pitches and pots vraimment cheap for the rest it is ok, but we feel the reduction of manufacturing costs, although of course the weight is made very light 6-7Kg. Korg whether for the M50 or KROME heal much better its entry-level workstation. The keyboard 61 notes without aftertouch is the same inclination, soft, plastoc ... but it can be done fairly quickly. The keyboard is well supplied with outputs, with traditional audio outputs, headphone jack, MIDI IN and THRU-OUT, USB output for PC and USB connection to insert a key to save and import your backup ... well pensé.Le must This is the audio input for coupling MOX6 with a keyboard, guitar, microphone ... watch no sampler as on SS6. For it is against the MOX6 over 1,200 sounds from the motif XS, almost 7000 arpeggios ... well that's concrete level creation. Homis editor's PC, the MOX6 comes with CUBASE AI5 because it has an internal sound card which makes this synth production ready and fairly autonomous mobile mode. For the rest of the specs just been said.

Ibanez ICX120 - Black - I'm a fan

by Gilles_Eanlaine on 09-16-2014 06:32 AM Made in Korea, stop bar, bolt-on neck, 22 frets, two humbuckers Ibanez I do not know the exact reference, a volume knob, one tone and of course a selector.

Akai Head Rush E2

by carimbabar on 09-16-2014 03:11 AM The E2 Headrush is a delay, echo, with separate outputs, and to a lesser extent a looper up to 37 sec. It was in the order of the knobs, the level of the effect (or loop in "variable" mode) a damp hf, which cuts treble on the effect, the number of repetitions of the delay, and a mode manual adjustment of delay time thereof. It was then a setting that allows you to set when the delay is fading, and a time to narrow, more pointed, the first setting of the genre (if I'm making myself clear). It has two switches, one for the output level of the loop (in looper mode, so) that may be affected by the level knob, or remain stationary, and a second that defines quality and time looping, 11 or 37 sec of memory. The outputs are in jack 6 "35, and there are 5! A main, which couples the raw signal and the processed effect, and 4 others intended to simulate the passage on the heads as for tape echoes. They can therefore join different outputs, 4 amps, 4 channel strips or more reasonably, 4 audio interface inputs. No editing by computer possible, no usb, you plug the microphone (with an adapter), and his guitar playing, old.

Seymour Duncan Dirty Deed - I knew it

by JG347 on 09-16-2014 02:33 AM Overdrive or distortion to the Blues to Rock. Large buttons and Level 2 Drive and 2 smaller but extremely effective Bass and Treble Usable or 9V 18V (my choice)

ADJ (American DJ) Spectrum Led - Super LED full effect and cheap

by sinfonis on 09-15-2014 11:44 PM Effect led pro compact, lightweight, and super powerful DMX etc ... The highlight of a kind! impressive effect ..... for a small price

Waltons 10AWAL - provided interesting to be a bit handy.

by AlexandreC on 09-15-2014 11:28 PM Pack including a bodhrán, its cover, his drummer and a DVD. Bodhrán 18 "goatskin whose voltage is not adjustable. A bar through it and only once. When you have found the right position, it does not bother and even practice; I keep it. The instrument, as sold, is a pan; but with some modifications it soon becomes interesting: -I sanded the back of the skin with a very fine paper (500, 800, and 1000). 'I gave him a good massage with olive oil on both sides. I let it sit overnight and then I wipe with a dry cloth. There already it's getting a nice cheap instrument for beginners (like me). The next step is to tape the edges to suppress unwanted overtones; I'll let you know. My opinion: I do not regret my purchase because it already sounds correctly with a few changes and I take great pleasure in playing but be aware that even if the brand is Irish, you will most likely be disappointed to hear that such unpacking. To note, I put "right" because it's still the complete package for € 65 and the instrument is very well finished except for the skin. I am of the opinion that it is not over priced for what it is; especially as the changes are within the reach of all.

Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 - A great value!

by mister_vai on 09-15-2014 10:14 PM Used 1 year, I changed it to a vertical NOS but for horizontal baffle I know no better, but I have not tried everything either! I love the massive sound without ever being messy, very effective metal as the clear. The leather style coat is the best effect. I put 9 because it is its weight and after a while it starts a little drunk lol I recommend buying a OCCAZ to avoid the blow of typical bar Mesa after the quality is there, no worries.

Tascam Portastudio 564 - Poor design, too bad

by pmaillot on 09-15-2014 09:25 PM Just OK, Novel idea at the time.

Dunlop GCB95N Cry Baby - Rather disappointed ..

by Amyuzik on 09-15-2014 09:17 PM Cry Baby is the simplest

Divatech DIVA18 - Comfort and precision

by the dwarf on 09-15-2014 09:05 PM I just looked down and opinions here me to have also found down here used. For a slightly more hi-fi but still specific monitoring. Connected to a Harman Kardon Amp. To listen to mixes when it's over.

Randall RT50C - Amazing!

by Amyuzik on 09-15-2014 08:50 PM Any amplification 50W lamps 12AX7 preamp 2 x 6L6 power amp (can easily replace them with EL34) Adjusting Bias in the back 2 channels: Clean and Modern Classic Overdrive Equalisation Bass, Mid, Treble separately for each channel Gain and Level also separated for each channel Bright switch on the Clean channel additional Master Volume and Reverb Footswitch Channel / Reverb bypass / Fx Loop I do not put more than 8/10 because I would have liked, as on some amp, a régléga impedance output

Yamaha MSP5A - Steel Monitors

by the dwarf on 09-15-2014 08:46 PM Strength and reputation Monitoring the output of mixer Computer / Sound Card / Mixing or mixing machines, or 2.

Palmer Pedalbay 80 - Okay doing some mods if necessary.

by crazyslap on 09-15-2014 08:33 PM Hi, I replaced my Pedaltrain 2 by 80 pedalbay Palmer to be able to put my wha-wha, my volume pedal and my HF receiver. This is an opportunity to give you a little feedback compared to Palmer. The pros: - Swivel and height-adjustable feet - Distance between the adjustable bars The -: - No front (I used it on my Pedaltrain 2 to attach strip and miscellaneous items) - My PSU VoodooLab was too low and suddenly I could not properly connect the power supplies So I added a front sheet metal "grain of rice" and raised the power supply with a gutter "grommet" sticker found for not much in hardware stores. The Challenge http://thomas.jaegle.free.fr/Af/Pedalboard/transfert.jpg The Tools: http://thomas.jaegle.free.fr/Af/Pedalboard/outils.jpg The trick to the power supply: http://thomas.jaegle.free.fr/Af/Pedalboard/astuce_alim.jpg The binding of the multi taken: http://thomas.jaegle.free.fr/Af/Pedalboard/prises.jpg The fixing of the facade after cutting (of sheet metal initially reduced to 100x20 80x7) http://thomas.jaegle.free.fr/Af/Pedalboard/front.jpg The pedalboard finished: http://thomas.jaegle.free.fr/Af/Pedalboard/up.JPG http://thomas.jaegle.free.fr/Af/Pedalboard/front%20full.JPG http://thomas.jaegle.free.fr/Af/Pedalboard/side.JPG http://thomas.jaegle.free.fr/Af/Pedalboard/down.jpg Conclusion: The lack of front really problem for me but with a little thought and tinkering I am now satisfied. An outlet to plug in and I'm ready;-)

Two Notes Audio Engineering Torpedo VB-101 - VERSATILE POWERFUL

by seboost34 on 09-15-2014 05:49 PM I use it for a year by repeating or studio I tried bcp load simulator box micro speaker stack and company I love that he made the do everything in a first of it's power to loadbox harnessed the power and saturated lamps properly it simulates pregnant 54 (d impulse kind of sampling therefore very realistic) in total for this model and a dozen microphones possibility added in at least twenty pregnant via software It simulates a tube amp for those who just use a preamp or amp transistor he owns compressor equalizer cut off and more exciting (saturated pregnant impulse .....) various combinations of amp and microphone can be used simultaneously Possibility of use in remicking to find sound for a particular compo can be used in transplanting live microphone D be playing headphones possibility to create their own impulses Vst for integration into a sequencer so possibility use plug in Updating and supporting great customer (normal c is french) Brief c is super full and c is very realistic I see no difference between my speakers and torpedo Inconveniant grip needs time to find his sound even if the interface is perfect Request to be well equipped (monitoring speakers and good sound card for the studio, has a good head lamp or even better preamp rack with or without amplifiers). I post this notice to the previous opinion which is completely unfair and not justified and is even example of someone who: n is not had needed to make the most of the device na is unable to tame the unit which is not a defect in either The c is like a torpedo or other material TriAxis pro c is not plug and play

dbx DriveRack PA2 - I love

by jmpprod on 09-15-2014 05:24 PM the top super filter is controlled with iPad

TC Electronic PolyTune Mini - White - A must !!

by Pepitow on 09-15-2014 05:00 PM I use it for this summer, and again live! Before that I used the built-in tuner my Line 6 amp, very well but less accurate I think! This tuner is great, it takes very little space (that's why we bought it) really cheap and good ends (solid construction). Very easy to use, you press the switch, it turns off the sound, and that there is agreement. A small button on the side allows you to choose what type of tuning it is so that the Polytune aligns (REMEMBER ... standard tuning is selected by default, and being granted a semitone lower, Polytune the function did not work, I could not understand it and thought my tuner was defective ... then I got interested in this button and I realized that the Polytune is spotted with standard notes, once corrected it works thunder ... I felt very stupid for once: D). It supports a wide range of tunings, even Drops. Normal mode works great, very accurate, the mode is great for Poltytune checker rapido between 2 pieces if all goes well! To summarize, this is the ultimate tuner: small, solid, nice, precise and Poly function super practical and fun ... and the Q / P ratio excellent (€ 50) !! With experience I would do this choice (maybe the black version which is very classy), do not bother to take the normal version I think, unless you really have the space, the screen is legible on this version! In the limit if I had known, I might be expected the mini version of the Polytune 2 and still pay € 25/30 more for a brighter screen and a "strobe" function would, it's not really worth , he will do more than the job;)

Xotic Effects AC Booster

by bidoo on 09-15-2014 04:45 PM Characteristics are already well described in prior reviews. It is a decorated analog OD 2 controls EQ = Volume / Gain / Bass / Treble. The build quality is excellent, the knobs are not cheap.

Boss SD-1 SUPER OverDrive - Modded by Keeley

by drapeau_rouge on 09-15-2014 04:39 PM Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive modified by Robert Keeley to improve it. The improvement consists (according to the website of mister Keeley) keep the tone color of the SD-1 "stock" while increasing the gain, making it more precise and definite. It is also to make the SD-1 almost true-bypass and prevent sound leakage especially when the pedal is off and the volume knob is more than three quarters. Not knowing all the sound of the original Boss SD-1 or other "mods" that can make boxes as MonteAlums or other, I can only congratulate Mr Keeley since the defects mentioned above are not present. No loss of true-bypass, it's perfect. In case, the SD-1 won a mini-switch in addition to the usual trio (gain / tone / level). This is a switch for selecting a germanium diode rectification (low position) or by LEDs (high position). Nothing wrong side features, it's reliable, it's well thought out (thank you Boss format), the mini-switch is perfectly placed. Impeccable.

ENGL Z-12 Midi Footcontroller - Panzer !!

by Pepitow on 09-15-2014 04:26 PM I use it for late June / early July, bought OCCAZ a very nice Afien! Used for a few rehearsals and two lives so far! This is my first MIDI pedal, but not my first foot controller! Before Bossant on a Line 6 Spidervalve I used (and still uses flat on my Spiderjam) FBV Shortboard one. This pedal is really great, beautiful, well finished, ultra strong and switches do not "click" when pressed not, it could destabilize the beginning but it's not bad! I was torn between this one and the Z9 normally suitable for my Engl E670 and the Z15 as it incorporated the effects loops in order to activate the foot. The Z15 is a bit off-budget and Z12 OCCAZ directly available I jumped on it! We have access to 128 programmable presets (in 13 banks of 10 presets), which corresponds to the memory of my E670, but it's a bit much in one direction, I use in a pinch 6 presets really! I was able to overcome the lack of effects loop on the pedal to control the effects by simply setting my channels in 2 versions: one with one loop of the amp, one with the loop off, the fact that unless you really a different turn several times in a song, here it enables and disables the entire loop, you tap to play after precise effect;) It is a bit imposing for a pedal amp, but I used the FBV (slightly larger) so not too worried, but it's a little Panzer for a pedal haha, even if it is relatively compact (50cm wide), at least it's solid !! The extras: slightly tilted for easy access to the switches at the top and is powered via the MIDI cable ghost when used on an Engl, ability to feed it with an external 9v power supply though! It is mounted 4 feet Heavy duty rubber, I removed to put Velcro to attach it to my pedalboard. 2 caveats: - The cable outlet twelve o'clock is "backwards" ... if you have a MIDI cable right no problem, but I took an elbow to gain some space and make it more clean ... ben for once, I find myself with the cable that runs up rather than down, a little embarrassing ... it's better not to have a pedal just above the MIDI otherwise damage the cable or unplug it when you want to engage this hypothetical pedal. - No LEDs at the switch to see where they are in the dark or see who is on (it always screen indicating which preset number is on but good), to locate itself in live situations, it can sometimes be a hit if you want to change the preset, but we made it (or add a loupiote pedalboard, watch the highlights, this pedal shines: p). Level Q / P, I think it's great OCCAZ, for € 100 you end up with a pedal that will last for decades, it's a new bit expensive for what it is in my opinion (but that aligns with most pedals of this type). With the experience I would probably choose it, or I would turn to the Z9 can be which is more suitable for my use since there are 10 programmable presets with configurable to activate certain settings (Depth Boost switches, effects loop, etc ...)! But who knows, maybe one day I would need 20 or 30 presets !! x)

Soundcraft Mini Stagebox 32 - no complaints

by dtdfedoras on 09-15-2014 03:31 PM really perfect anything wrong both in terms of its reliability as 8 analog outputs and 8 digital outputs aes / ebu for those who want 16 analog outputs I advise AJA ADA 4 that found on ebay for 349 euros I have just preferred only 4 digital outputs to drive amps and 12 analog for returns and ears monitors but with the above-mentioned converters that makes him perfectly

Blackstar Amplification HT-5C - Helpful

by jacqn on 09-15-2014 01:28 PM Enough said Very complete the connection level, headphone useful

Palmer Pedalbay 80 - excellent product cheap

by jacqn on 09-15-2014 01:10 PM My PEDALTRAIN had become too small, I went on a pedalboard of 80 cm the choice was between the Pedaltrain (10 € in high Thotho) and Palmer I chose Palmer and am not disappointed Compared to the PT, the benefits are: - Velcro already stuck on the pedalboard - Adjustment sleepers can (very handy for smaller pedals) - Straps to fix the power supply from below - which is sorely lacking in PT - Adjustable feet (less useful, but good) already used in repeats and on stage, it's perfect great product

Fame Baphomet 5 natural - Low (almost) perfect for its price

by arkhon06 on 09-15-2014 12:15 PM The official description: Amazaque ergonomic body, 2 parts Channel 5 parts mahogany with maple inserts mountains Rosewood fingerboard with 24 frets Ferd. Wagner Bolt 6 positions Safety belt fasteners Schaller Micro-active MEC J / J Active MEC-BEC2 Electronics (2 bands) Massive bridge WSC Partsland SI 5 Closed mechanical WSC Partsland JB15 Finish: waxed and oiled

Roland TR-909 - THE TR 909 IT REALLY IS ... "THE PATRONE"! ! !

by redox75 on 09-15-2014 03:57 AM Simple to program, noon, old school roland sync, and the typical roland sequencer that made the reputation of the TR series. Now I find that the sequencer 808 is how to say more "alive" there emerges a magical groove that is not as marked on the 909, but when we play on the suffle or it gets boring. I noticed for example by launching the TR 808 in sync mode to start out in sync mode in 909, this one retrieves the groove so magical 808. I think this is the clock sync is less stable over the 808 or the accuracy of the interval of steps in the patterns of this one and this defect, in fact quality. For by doing the opposite bah..c'est not the same!

Native Instruments FM8 - Amazing complex synth, unique!

by cuboid on 09-15-2014 02:31 AM I had no compatibility issues setting up FM8. The installation and set up process is very simple and straightforward. However, the software itself is very complex and hard to understand at first. To the new user, FM8 will probably be overwhelming. To understand what's going on you need to know oscillator routing, enveloping, and have a good understanding of the way synthesizers work. You can easily look through the presets and fidget around to find out what certain parameters in the software does, but it will teach you a lot about synthesis and routing. Once you understand the structure of FM8, it is very straightforward and actually not that complicated at all. The interface is just a bit daunting at first.

Ableton Live 9 Suite - Amazing, Versatile, Beautiful

by cuboid on 09-15-2014 02:11 AM Ableton 9 is an extremely beautiful, unique, and versatile piece of music software. I have been producing music for over 5 years and have used many digital audio workstations, but none of them even compare with Ableton. It is compatible with just about all operating systems, very easy to install, and it comes with some great examples to help teach new users the basics of the software. One of the main reasons I believe Ableton is superior to other music software out there is the layout. The layout of Ableton is so straightforward and easy to understand. The minimalistic layout allows for a much better and faster workflow. Not to mention, it's more organized and easy to look at.

Paiste 2002 Novo China 18" - Surgical cymbal

by samara on 09-15-2014 01:29 AM

Electro-Voice ELIMINATOR ii DE - really powerful

by philabade on 09-15-2014 01:21 AM bought last week secondhand we Sept. 15, 2014 when I write these lines, then, you guessed it, I do not use them for a long time. On the other hand I have a pair of apg vs1 that work wonderfully and much better than some bowls supposedly upscale. Brief Ev I used them last Saturday in front with a t-amp in 2400 for a concert with three blues bands. The first attempt to see (rather funny to hear there is such expressions) surprise: well modulated big sound not too fat dry properly with sharp more than adequate. Room 400 at the small air even not need to put a sub. In addition I had to decline by 6 db General of my analog console that is true t-amp, it goes out at least 1000w per channel and Ev cashing well. 700 w data they provide largely the only problem is the size and weight. The apg seem small next but hey it's not coax two 15-inch and a compressor like Ev. Great choice it sends the sauce properly it is 100 db 1w 1m as it is a minimum I think for facades, making 102 apg. bought used 800 the pair I have no regrets because suddenly I need to sub, unless you make the great outdoors but this is another story. good evening

Antelope Audio Zen Studio - a marvel

by chouwap on 09-15-2014 12:53 AM -the routing: fabulous, you can do anything, create multiple mixes and send them where you want to monitor and maintain. Tracks 20 inputs simultaneously. 12 preamps, 8 line in db + 25 16 adat and spdif. I / O worldclock. Max 20 simultaneous recording, it leaves room. Preamps have combo XLR-JACK -compressor and eq: effective, useful for correcting the dynamic for example on the fly, not great musicality as DSUs but it works. Lack reverb, I hope so soon In any case the power is there, deeply updates -the design: the map is very small, shallow, very light, but watch the plugs are not protected enough for portable use so I just keep it in a bag with care. Not heat it wrong, but no fan. Installation: Turn off your anti-virus, it got me more or less ate the setup files in the beginning. Result: Failed to install. Once this is done: you plug it installs the driver, the installation file of the interface, and it works in 1 minute. Select the Zen tab in the control panel, ditto in the sequencer. There are always problems with the PC if there is no knowledge: get help. No clicking, no pop from the speakers, no noise when it is turned off when when it enters sleep. Installed on an old laptop with W7 and W8 my PC. Cohabits easily with an E-mu 1212M and I can change without any plant interface. -The sound: 1 very good preamp for the integrated. I was skeptical, but after the crash test (414 + votes), I'm surprised. It's soft, warm and detailed. Not much matter as my big ones obviously (Api, Pacifica, Neve, UA) but quite usable for a serious project. Color close enough Api. Actually I did not believe it, especially after hearing the examples very means of Antelope videos. You guys inspire audient. This interface has the advantage to welcome your beautiful mic preamps and hybridized line (choose the mixer interface) thus 8-20 preamps online entry. 2 DA output monitors. clean, detailed, no breath, light, airy, music, lots of space. 3 DA headphone outputs: same output monitors. All this is not controllable encoder before the big regardless. You can record in the room where the speakers out without exploding, especially as the interface is silent. 4 AD line inputs: A priori great: it's not food at all preamps sound like low-end converters. I have yet to experiment with that (always 414 on my voice), but the detail, the bandwidth is fully respected. -The Latency: no problems with my pc w8.1 (256 samples, core i5 2500k + 12GB ram ddr3 1333 + ssd) for overdubs, no identifiable latency effects, and anyway there is a circuit latency-free monitoring with effects (I can not stand the term DAW). Works very ben with a modest laptop (old sony dual core P8600 4GB in w7. -The -: No rack ... Considering what I'm going to put him in the ass, it bothers me. Anyway DB25 + 1 + 2 USB jacks for monitoring in 20 preamp, it is reasonable. external -SUPPLY ... But it is discrete (small transformer). -chauffe not bad, do not leave without at least Racker space above. -no paper manual. -By Against the sound is significantly worse when one goes through the blender before monitoring (headphones, speakers) ... I'll try to see if this is due to the settings, otherwise it is an area for improvement because it n is not due to the hardware, just the routing. Bypassing the software mixer, sound is excellent.

Novation Launchkey 25 - disappointed

by alphaboogie on 09-15-2014 12:35 AM implantation in Ableton Live
A3E sponsorship event box

Check out A3E in Boston!