• Dot_Robinson

There is no available content written by Dot_Robinson
  • Content by Audiofanzine

Valley Arts Guitars STANDARD PRO - A guitar that lives up to its reputation

by on 02-10-2016 03:05 AM I'veo only used this one for a short time but I already had one back in the 90s, they're getting rare! It's quite versatile in musical genres, thanks to its EMG and Floyd!! Craftsmanship is per...Read more on Audiofanzine

Vox VT30 - VT20+ is Fantastic and can deliver professional sound.

by on 02-09-2016 02:48 AM [b]I couldn't be happier considering a small and affordable amp[/b]. VT20+ Limited Edition is neat, has a cool retro design (the limited edition has a brown finish instead of black like the othe...Read more on Audiofanzine

Shure WhiteLabel - Great for home, not a great output for gigs

by on 02-04-2016 11:01 PM I'm a new vinyl dj with only 1.5 years under my belt. After a disaster with some discount needles, I purchased a pair of these, encouraged by the reviews and price. For a long time I thought I wa...Read more on Audiofanzine

Vantage VS35 CE - Vantage VS-35 - Fun to Upgrade

by on 02-04-2016 07:29 PM This guitar has a wide neck - 1.75 inches. Very nice for finger picking. :bravo: The old electronics were broken - so I replaced them with a no-name brand. Works fine. Also replaced the tuners, nu...Read more on Audiofanzine

Livid Instruments Base II - Good, but not for Reason.

by on 02-02-2016 04:32 AM [b]What configuration, software and other gear do you use with this MIDI control surface? In what context? What are your thoughts on its stability? [/b] iMac with reason 7. I was looking for a con...Read more on Audiofanzine

Remo LEGERO LG-1501-70 - REMO legero is great

by on 02-01-2016 04:53 AM This drumkit fits every music style ! I've hade it since 2000 and never left it ! It's a rare model, to be found on the second-hand market now ! Very easy to transport and disassemble, never h...Read more on Audiofanzine

Two Notes Audio Engineering Le Lead - A little red bombshell

by on 01-30-2016 08:40 PM I'd been after a preamp to complement my torpedo cab for a while. I've used several models in the past: H&k, AMT ss11,Blackstar, Fredamp 800 (not enough gain for my taste) . While clean sounds ...Read more on Audiofanzine

JTS CX-509 - Great for overheads and instrument-miking

by on 01-30-2016 05:25 PM I found this mic by pure chance, while I'd known the CX-516 and 508 for long. I now own four pairs of it. I use it live, for overheads or to mike instruments up. Very sensitive -like all conden...Read more on Audiofanzine

Harley Benton TE-40 - Trans Black - Quality at a discounted price

by on 01-30-2016 04:56 AM - Which amplifier and/or effect(s) do you use with this guitar? What playing and musical style(s) do you play with this guitar? I use it on a Vox lil' night train with a v112nt,nothing excepti...Read more on Audiofanzine

ROLI Seaboard Rise - Innovative, fun and inspiring!

by on 01-29-2016 06:16 PM While unboxing, the first thing that strikes is the superb packaging, to make Apple pale in comparaison: from the moment you take it out of the box, everything appears as perfectly controlled. The ...Read more on Audiofanzine

Blackstar Amplification Fly 3 - Amazing and enchanting !

by on 01-28-2016 09:55 PM I bought this small amp alone as it was enough for me, since I wanted a small nomad amp (it can also be associated to an additional speaker to get a small stereo system). I wanting something versat...Read more on Audiofanzine

Harley Benton Boogie Master - Not bad

by on 01-28-2016 04:46 PM A rendition of the MESA BOOGIE American amp sound. I'm not that much into that kind of sounds, but I admit it has some advantages, so I'll be totally neutral. Only 4 control knobs: gain / tone /...Read more on Audiofanzine

TC Electronic Helix Phaser - Best of both (phaser) worlds !

by on 01-28-2016 03:21 AM After a long hesitation with the MXRs (especially 90 script and logo models) and the EH Small Stone, I came across (through forums, videos...) this gorgeous, all dressed in yellow TC Helix which lo...Read more on Audiofanzine

Behringer XR12 - Small but mighty

by on 01-28-2016 02:27 AM Just received it and gave it a quick try. It weighs under 6 lbs, I got it to replace a xenius2222fx mixer, 2x15 and 2x31 equalizers, a stereo compressor, all in a flightcase + current supply. I...Read more on Audiofanzine

Scuffham S-Gear v2 - Excellent

by on 01-26-2016 02:33 PM I've used this plug for over a year now with Cubase and in standalone mode. After trying eash and every virtual amp sim, I consider this to be the more realistic and convincing of all, and most im...Read more on Audiofanzine

Behringer XR18 - A logical evolution for huge results ! Analog mixers are going to suffer while bands will love it.

by on 01-24-2016 10:07 PM I bought this compact gear as part of a sound system for my small, 5 to 7 band with several acoustic instruments, drums and sax. I own the RACK XR 18 version. Really small, but a huge result. The...Read more on Audiofanzine

Marlboro Sound Works G-50R - Excellent

by on 01-24-2016 02:31 AM A 50W solid state combo, made in the USA between 1970 and 1980. Three ins: bright/normal/mellow. Controls: volume, bass, treble, reverb, effect setting, tremolo/vibrato/echo effect. On/off switc...Read more on Audiofanzine

Bose L1 Model II with B2 Bass - Very good, but still some annoying details

by on 01-24-2016 01:43 AM Being a satisfied user of the L1 model 1 (two L1 systems with two B1 each at the mixer’s out), I switched to this model II with a B2 for each. The cons (yes, there are): P - No possibility to m...Read more on Audiofanzine

Yamaha NTX900FM - A very good guitar, perfect for bossa or jazz.

by on 01-23-2016 04:49 AM I essentially play bossa and jazz standards, plugged on a SR Technology Jam 100 (a great amp by the way), and this guitar is perfect for this register. Great wood, flawless construction, no problem...Read more on Audiofanzine

Audioanalyse PA 90 - Audioanalyse PA 90

by on 01-22-2016 07:48 PM Begin jaren 90 was ik op zoek naar een betaalbare versterker en luidsprekers. Eigenlijk had ik al een versterker een Pioneer 606MkII deze klonk wel goed had een MM en een MC versterker voor de pla...Read more on Audiofanzine

Traveler Guitar pro-series - A must-have for traveling by plane

by on 01-22-2016 07:08 PM I bought this guitar to travel by plane. Before that, I used to take my nylon-stringed Yamaha APXT 1N which was perfect (except for its shorter scale), and plugged it on a Marshall MS2 microamp th...Read more on Audiofanzine

Trace Elliot garry miller - Trace elliot TA35CR

by on 01-22-2016 05:15 PM What a great amp ..Have owned and gigged this amplifier for 30 years with no trouble at all.. wonderfull sounding rich amplifier and from a world known Bass amplifier maker... Their reputation ...Read more on Audiofanzine

Stimer M10 - Django Reinhardt's amp !

by on 01-19-2016 11:12 PM As rare as it is pricey, this myth of an amp was the one Django Reinhardt was using by the end of his (too short) career. [b]A bit of history[/b]* [i]« Jean Guen made his first guitar pickups...Read more on Audiofanzine

Lâg Phil Campbell S2000PC - Phil Campbell's Number One deserves its nickname

by on 01-19-2016 04:58 AM As a big Motörhead and Phil Campbell fan, I've always dreamt to own this guitar so when Lâg decided to release this signature model (especially one built in their Bedarieux custom shop) I didn't he...Read more on Audiofanzine

Mesa Boogie Mark Five: 35 Head - A new Mesa - The sound and more important, the functions of this amp are just about perfect.

by on 01-18-2016 03:50 AM I had a rect-o-verb 50. It had outstanding sound quality. But I needed some serious downsizing and this seemed to fit the equation. It's the head version on a 2x12 cab. Light, small and packs a BIG...Read more on Audiofanzine

Traynor YCS100 - There is not a useful sound this amp is capable of producing. Traynor should be ashamed.

by on 01-18-2016 03:24 AM I had a Traynor YCS90 combo. It was just great. So I figured to upgrade to 3 channel head. BIG MISTAKE. There was no sound coming from this amp that was even remotely close to the 90. The clean wa...Read more on Audiofanzine

EarthQuaker Devices Afterneath - From misty Moria !

by on 01-17-2016 09:49 PM 1.Description: A pedal made in the USA (Ohio), analog-made but producing a rather digital-sounding effect - not a 1960s-type analog effect for surf music, old-school rock, it's clearly not its t...Read more on Audiofanzine

Electro-Harmonix Cock Fight - A very average sound

by on 01-17-2016 08:42 PM I tried this pedal with an Ibanez js1000 on a peavy delta blues. Beware, this is NOT an auto-wah. It takes an additional expression pedal plugged in the dedicated input. I tried it for a clean ...Read more on Audiofanzine

Fender Stratocaster Squier Series - An astonishing small-priced Strat

by on 01-17-2016 06:26 AM I bought this guitar in 92, when I was just a beginner. What a joy to have "my own Fender Strat" for a negligible price. It was a "Squier Series" Fender, made in Japan in the end of 1991. I use ...Read more on Audiofanzine

Fender American Vintage ’72 Telecaster Thinline - A quality reissue: the Fender American Vintage '72 Telecaster Thinline - Natural

by on 01-16-2016 04:53 AM [b][u]On the instrument's quality:[/u][/b] High-end US FENDER reissue , with a finish level and overall quality that doesn't pale to Custom Shop models, with a reasonable street price of €1800 (...Read more on Audiofanzine
Special 93% Offer

Got beats? Samples? Mixing and mastering services? Get a head start with this 93% OFF special offer!