• CDotF

There is no available content written by CDotF
  • Content by Audiofanzine

Crumar T3 - The future of vintage sound is in your hands.

by on 06-30-2016 02:49 PM A rare piece of gear, not an easy one to find. If you chance to see one for sale, don't miss the opportunity to try it - and to try it is to love it instantly. It's a 3-in-1 in the same series ...Read more on Audiofanzine

Zoom 1201 - Idiot proof FX utility

by on 06-30-2016 11:30 AM Certainly not high-end, and lacking in deep editing capability or anything much in the way of multi-FX, the unassuming 1201 still became something of a minor cult item amongst late-1990s home studi...Read more on Audiofanzine

Akai S20 - Simple loop sampler

by on 06-30-2016 11:19 AM Aimed at DJs and home studio hobbyists when it was issued, the S20 was never one of Akai's sampling flagships. But it's a humble and efficient performer that still sounds great, and is one of the e...Read more on Audiofanzine

Nad D3020 - Basic Swiss army knife of hybrid amps

by on 06-30-2016 11:11 AM A great introduction to hi-fi and the new world of hybrid digital amps. Nothing too stunning, just great value for money, ticking all the boxes as a solution for multiple sound sources. Currently h...Read more on Audiofanzine

Technics SL-1200 MK2 - Don't sweat the Technics

by on 06-30-2016 10:59 AM Would DJing have evolved as it did without this turntable? So many pivotal developments in one unit, from the direct drive motor, the almost instant start time, the pitch control, and even the stro...Read more on Audiofanzine

Roland JUNO-106 - Classic 80s polysynth

by on 06-30-2016 10:51 AM Just a classic polysynth that does what it says on the box. Beautifully easy synthesize makes it a great device for anyone, though it's more than capable of satisfying the pro. Great sounds all aro...Read more on Audiofanzine

Akai Tom Cat - Flawlessly built ! A very nice analog sound.

by on 06-29-2016 11:15 PM 1- I use this drum machine in the studio only, for Electro, Trance, J.M.Jarre-style (oxygène...), etc, etc. 2-The finish is incredible, but after all this is AKAI PRO! Creating a sequence is ver...Read more on Audiofanzine

Focal Alpha 80 - Look no further

by on 06-29-2016 10:52 PM Since April 2015 they're in my homestudio set, I've been discovering them progressively since then and I guess they certainly need an extra breaking time, still they're already really good. Great ...Read more on Audiofanzine

AcousticsampleS B-5 Organ - Just for its sound

by on 06-29-2016 08:16 PM Hi all, I couldn't resist after watching the demonstration video so as a great Hammond fan I bought it. I found the installation and activation process complicated but it finally ended up worki...Read more on Audiofanzine

Audio Spectrum Spectrum AIL 95RD Custom Pro Series Shark Style - Pleasantly Suprised!

by on 06-29-2016 11:46 AM SO, am a "hobbyist" of sorts, and found this in a music store after the holidays in 2015. $ 60.00 plus tax out the door. These can be purchased @ all the big box stores/online/etc. As a beginner's ...Read more on Audiofanzine

Universal Audio Apollo 8 - a really great interface

by on 06-28-2016 09:35 PM I bought this interface 3 months ago after I had the opportunity to try many different audio interface models in several stores (mainly in Europe). As the shope rarely had high-end monitors avai...Read more on Audiofanzine

Phonic MR1843X - A very good mixer

by on 06-28-2016 07:27 PM Used in a rack. It's sturdy and convenient. The preamps are good, so are the connectors, the 4 aux & 4 busses are really convenient on an analog mixer. Enough channels for a beginner, but in the ...Read more on Audiofanzine

ASD ALT 550 - ASD ALT 550 stand

by on 06-28-2016 06:56 PM A single person is enough to set it up. Quick and easy to set, the stand can be adjusted using the 4 actuators and the magnet leveler. It takes 5 minutes and this is it, can be set on all kinds of ...Read more on Audiofanzine

Auratone 5C Super Sound Cube (2014) - IF TIME IS MONEY, THEN I'M ALREADY RICH JUST BY OWNING THEM.

by on 06-27-2016 08:55 PM For which musical style and context (home studio, studio, etc.) do you currently use these speakers? With which amp ? What are their specifications ? First thing, I shall mention I've used them ...Read more on Audiofanzine

Novanex U30 - Comme une part de pizza de la veille

by on 06-27-2016 06:47 PM [b]What musical styles do you use this amp for? [/b] Blues Rock Stoner Hard Rock [b]Given its weight and power, is this amp feasible for practicing, rehearsing with a band, and/or using live? [...Read more on Audiofanzine

Young Chang U121 - A really great Sound !

by on 06-27-2016 04:58 AM In what musical style and context (training, recording, live, etc.)do you currently use this piano? - I think its sound mostly suits recording pop, middle-of-the-road music and so on. As for li...Read more on Audiofanzine

Waves NX Virtual Mix Room - It does the trick

by on 06-18-2016 03:52 AM I use this plug-in with the following configuration : PC w/ Windows Seven, I7-4770k, 16GB, SSD (Samsung 850pro) Berhinger U-PHORIA UMC 1820 sound interface It's better to have a sound interface ...Read more on Audiofanzine

Ableton Live 6 LE - The workstation is user-friendly.

by on 06-15-2016 08:50 PM This digital audio workstation came as a package when I bought Delta 1010LT interface. It is a limited edition but it was fine for somebody who has just started. The only problem was a latency when...Read more on Audiofanzine

Fender Deluxe 112 - Very Nice Amp

by on 06-14-2016 10:26 AM I play clean, traditional Country ( Haggard and Cash, etc.) I play Fender Telecasters exclusively. I liked everything about the amp except for the stock speaker. it's not a bad speaker, I just felt...Read more on Audiofanzine

Marshall DSL40C [2012 - ] - The best Marshall in a long time, a very versatile tone monster and a future classic

by on 06-10-2016 09:02 PM I play mainly progressive rock and fusion however I also amuse myself with classic rock, blues and metal. This DSL40c came after a long string of amps, most of them good in their own right, that fo...Read more on Audiofanzine

Silverspike RubyTube [Freeware] - Very nice

by on 06-09-2016 08:56 AM Ive been using this on fl studio for many years and recently my vista computer froze up and had to be reset...I'm very glad I was able to find this vst for windows 10...sometimes finding certain ol...Read more on Audiofanzine

Arturia V Collection 5 - Whorth the upgrade/excellent value for money

by on 06-09-2016 12:16 AM I am composing New Age, minimal and ambient kind of music but not exclusively. I work in a Windows 10 PC, i7, with 64MBRam, 2Xssd disks, 3Xhard disks, Audient id22 sound card, NI Komplete Kontrol s...Read more on Audiofanzine

Apex 435 - Great sound for the price!

by on 06-06-2016 11:17 PM Ive used this mic on many things including vocals. It works perfectly for anything in my opinion. It all depends on the sound you are going for in the end and if it sound good, why does it matter w...Read more on Audiofanzine

Cort Action - A great bass for beginner!

by on 06-04-2016 06:26 AM It was my first bass and I've still got it today. I must say that choosing this bass was really a no-brainer because it is great value for the money. The PJ pickup configuration is imho the best t...Read more on Audiofanzine

Yamaha Motion Bass MB-III - I have extensive history with this model

by on 06-01-2016 04:40 AM I fell in love with these when they first came out in 1985 when I was 16 yrs. old. I was able to finally obtain one about '91 and I've had it ever since (they came in 4 colors; wine red, white, bl...Read more on Audiofanzine

Impact Soundworks Sonic Forest - Does what you expect of it, and it does it well, too! :)

by on 05-31-2016 03:41 AM Used on an iMac 4k, 16Go, Kontakt banks on a SSD, Pro Tools 12 Native. Bought it on a sudden impulse, and for such a price I'm happy I did. What I like particularly is the number of possibilit...Read more on Audiofanzine

Open Labs MiKo Timbaland Special Edition - A NEW ERA has started!

by on 05-31-2016 03:31 AM The MPC60 & SP1200 will be remembered as legends, and in between MIKO timbaland will be remembered as the beginning of a revolution :oops2: [b]USE[/b] Easy once set up properly Used with REA...Read more on Audiofanzine

SoundToys Native effects V5 - Full-featured and inspiring

by on 05-30-2016 08:10 PM I bought V4 with a discount, and since I didn't have an iLok key I waited until October to get V5. I use it on a windows 7 64 system, with an i7 PC, using the software iLok. All effects are ver...Read more on Audiofanzine

K.yairi DY84 - Perfect...

by on 05-26-2016 04:32 AM A nice gift I bought for myself on my 30th birthday... The woods and finish are awesome, all lies in the details: the "moustache"-style bridge, separate saddles, the inlays, an ebony fingerboard......Read more on Audiofanzine

Brainworx bx_megadual - Excellent

by on 05-26-2016 04:23 AM What configuration, software and musical style or context do you use with this amp simulation software? Ableton Live 9.5, macbookpro retina 15 Is its anti-piracy protection excessive or burde...Read more on Audiofanzine
Special 93% Offer

Got beats? Samples? Mixing and mastering services? Get a head start with this 93% OFF special offer!