• bigakizzle

There is no available content written by bigakizzle
  • Content by Audiofanzine

EMG SEHG - "Ah yes, but NOT !! 3 times no!"

by jesussaves on 09-19-2014 05:15 AM At the time, only produced EMG EMG active (ie battery), but the idea of ​​having a silent microphone without having to worry about changing the battery regularly made me look for an alternative. when I heard about the SELECT manufactured by EMG, I thought I had found THE gem for pickups. So I bought a kit HSS I rode on an old ARIA PRO II type super strat '(alder body, vibrato, etc ...) which had a very good violin. Bitter disappointment !!! Of course, the background noise was much less than my old passive pickups ......... but then the sound definition was deplorable! No attack, basses who vomited everywhere and especially no punch ... Though I correct the EQ on the amp, nothing came out correct. I quickly sold it all quickly done well. 10 years later (already?), I fall at a mate on a Hohner headless guitar originally equipped with the same kit. I said "Well, go go! Maybe I am wrong? I'll try again." Hou! It's ugly !!! Hou! It not ring! Besides my friend himself admitted regret not having enough money to put EMG instead of those stews! Today, there is now the EMG-HZ, which certainly have nothing to envy the real EMG ('must be consistent), but have AT LEAST a little more banging and treble. In short, I did not like at all ...

IK Multimedia T-Racks Brickwall Limiter - A Solid Brickwall Limiter

by S2D on 09-19-2014 04:38 AM The IK Multimedia T racks 'Brickwall Limiter' is available for both Windows and MAC and was totally compatible with my OSX 10.6.8 system with 4GB of RAM using Logic Pro 9. The setup process is sort of straight forward, but it is highly useful if you are installing it on a computer with internet access, otherwise you will be given a code to save to your desktop and transfer onto a computer with internet access so that IK Multimedia's installer can verify you have a legitimate serial number, then you have to transfer more data give to you back to the computer you want to use the plugin on and this will authorise the plugin for that computer. It is understandable given that they want to protect against mass piracy of their product. Once authorised, you just select the plugin from the menu in your DAW and you are good to go, the GUI of the plugin on it's own is simple, clear and easily accessible - unless you are using it within the T racks full skin in which case it might take 10 or 15 minutes to figure the setup out properly. When it comes to T racks plugins and the discussion about the GUI arises, you will always hear people complain about 'that damn dinosaur logo!', in this case i would suggest to suck it up and get used to it because it is here to stay so you might as well learn to love it along with the sound quality of their plugins like this one.

Joyo JF-14 American Sound

by plouplou007 on 09-19-2014 03:46 AM Simulation of a fender amp 57 deluxe ?, housing metal, plastic base, 9 volt battery and external power. It seems sturdy.

Elypse Guitars Ruby Drop - Weak housing, switch obsolete

by plouplou007 on 09-19-2014 03:04 AM Non-editable analog overdrive Tubescreamer type, cast aluminum housing while

Ibiza Light LED Butterfly

by slouptoouut on 09-19-2014 01:48 AM Small effect, like "derby" with more beams, but less power. Possibility to choose the colors individually DMX (with controller), or in auto mode 2 (without DMX controller) musical mode with microphone sensitive enough It does not have the power or make the same impact that a real derby, however I find it very good for the price (that price must not ask too much) it is compact, covers a wide angle, microphone sensitivity allows its use even at home (with a simple stereo, without the scream!) just fine for small private parties, and low power consumption will not be a problem (even on car battery + inverter! ) We can just miss a little light engineering, a rather noisy fan (and my copy, dirty lens on the inside as he had not yet turned ... probably fingerprints left by the Chinese who mounted!)

Native Instruments Guitar Rig 4 Pro - A must-have

by julian_r7 on 09-18-2014 10:10 PM I first approached Guitar Rig when I was taking my first steps in mixing and mastering, and even then it was quite easy for me to load the plugin and get it to work on Nuendo or as a Standalone. I've tried it in a good number of PCs with no compatibility issues. The only problem that may arise, as with every software of the kind, is compatibility issues between your sound card, and the ASIO drivers. The graphic nature of Guitar Rig makes the manual almost useless, in my opinion. The fact that the pedals and boxes are stacked as in a visible traditional guitar rack helps to easily put order to long chains of effects. As for the software itself if doesn't have much options or menus to deal with, so you'll find yourself mastering Guitar Rig in a short time without ever resorting to the manual. You can work with presets or build a whole set of FX from scratch. Most of the times, for practicing, quick demo recordings, etc, the presets will be more than enough (there are a good deal and they are quite the first thing you get access to).

Fender Slide - not bad!

by inki999 on 09-18-2014 09:51 PM Purchased today, I was looking for an interface to plug my guitar on my iPad. Comes with 2 connectors (USB and lightning), we can plug it into ipad or pc. A volume control, a headphone output, and a mix dry / wet, for no switch against hi Z, shame ... The sound is good, a slight lag is noticeable but just configure their apps (jam xt pro for me) in low latency and it rolls. Against by not including the interest of the dry / wet mix that allows her guitar untreated / treated her, a sort of direct monitoring? Anyway, I will try to trade him, the absence of HI Z switch bothers me to connect my active guitars.

Korg Delta - First instrument

by Boulolot on 09-18-2014 09:41 PM Leaving the army (conscription), this is my first synth that allowed me to learn music and be part of a group. it has served me well for the first balls in Normandy. Pretty solid and simple programming, it might already be outdated at the time but with the immense fortune that I had not, I could play on stage without complex. Very simple settings are accessible to all newcomers. not need the manual in multiple languages. Too bad there were no markers. But if we wanted to keep the memory of sounds, it was not difficult to prepare this index cards and register settings. For me, even if it did not exceed the Trident of the same brand, it could be used for many things in public as well as solo. Nostalgia can be!

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 - génialissime

by ZeroFromKellen on 09-18-2014 09:36 PM there knowing absolutely nothing of the mao I look into the opinions of some of my relatives who themselves are well wedged in millieux, and this interface as do almost unanimously have recommended it to me x times so I bet on trust ... and I was right .. especially as it is given. is minimally equipped (yet) mao level, I plug my head of Blackstar amp HT20 its output out, I read them directly to the sound card, and nothing that I have a more than satisfactory sound! I also use it with a microphone and even the two simultanéement quality is in no way altered the ball .. what. I use it mainly to record my riffs or compo, I also used to PSUs quality of my videos (ie micro + guitar)

TK Audio BC1mk2 - awesome clone

by bigjo291 on 09-18-2014 09:33 PM it is a type compressor vac (a very good clone ssl bus g) 1 rack units. Analog entirely if I remember rightly c a vac home dbx (like ssl) xlr

Neumann KH 120 A - Black - small but definite

by bigjo291 on 09-18-2014 08:56 PM the main feature that has motivated my choice was the frequency response curve, I wanted to mix mainly of quality monitor and flat as possible nearfield, I have been served. connect to my mixer Tascam M3500 and a universal audio apollo

Solton TS4k - Mode of employment sought

by Hugo Lebel on 09-18-2014 08:42 PM I desperately seeking the manual of this Solton Ts-4k ... Who can help me?

Tascam M-3500 - old Tascam

by bigjo291 on 09-18-2014 08:31 PM non rackable XLR and TRS connectors on 32 chanel inline 8 bus, 6 to 4 to return parametric eq semi switchable tape return on chanel for the eq etc to the mix B between mic, line between, tape return, direct outs, insert

Kustom Profile 200 - Not bad but just a bit

by Pepitow on 09-18-2014 08:31 PM I took that sound to the base to amplify the song in my band kit. Initially just the lead vocals, and finally with 3 choirs. Before that we amplify the song with tears off through my Line 6 Spiderjam including a microphone input, built-in effects and amp ... not bad but a little low for a Hard Rock band during rehearsals. The construction is solid, the whole seems reliable, and the various settings are effective. However, we expected a much more powerful sound output from the speakers ... the song does not appear greatly facing 2 guitars (50 watt amp has lamps), low (100 watt amp) and battery. And if you push a little too the master, that feedback quickly ... We had to use a more powerful amplified speaker WELL connected to a mixing desk, our bassist dug up to hear the song properly. We connected this kit to the table so that it serves amplified singing back and allow better spatial sound, but still average. Since we mainly use as an audio kit with parties and other computer / mp3, at this level the volume is good! The advantage of this kit is that there amp supplied with the correct speakers, with a number of sufficient inputs and functional settings. Only lacks power for amplified distortions group! Say it's the correct equipment for the price, but for a Hard Rock formation with good stuff, it is better to type above !! So Q / P good, but I do not have that choice to use that was thought to be at the base!

Pedaltrain Pedaltrain Pro w/ Soft Case - Super !!

by Pepitow on 09-18-2014 08:14 PM I use it since July, replacing my PDT-3 became too small for my new config! It has the perfect dimensions for my current config includes: - Pedals Engl Z-12 - AKG System - Cry Baby 535Q - MXR Phase 90 - Polytune Mini - Boss HR-2 - TC Electronic Reverb Trinity - TC Electronic Flashback Delay X4 - Morley Mini Volume - Power T-Rex Chameleon (set down the velcro) And ... there is a little room (for one or two max pedals) As usual in PDT: solid (fairly light metal structure), reliable, top with the spaces to get the system cables, and clean! Everything is very stable without weighing a dead donkey (depending on your pedals this hearsay). Only downside as for my PDT-3 (see my opinion on it), and especially the zipières sliders Softcase (while convenient, pretty strong and light) that seem fragile (broken on my PDT Soft-3, replaced by stronger). We'll see if they take the shock ^^ For the pedals, I might be increased a bit skew, and again! Q / P good because we buy a product that will last a lifetime (except soft case can be hell ... lower the price of your Hard!), And for 110 € (in Cygnus, nine is € 135 not ... big difference), it is a good investment!

Morley MMV - Mini Morley Volume - Very good but not perfect for everyone!

by Pepitow on 09-18-2014 07:52 PM This is a volume pedal, optical system and not "mechanical" so no rack or other proof of its purity and accuracy, and no switch to activate! Requires a 9v power supply / battery for the system to work (may put off some who prefer a volume pedal power supply without any beast, but if this system is used then we accept this argument). In, Out, 9v jack and your foot :) Plus: size, it is not as huge as all volume pedals on the market, that's why we chose the addition! Very handy for a crowded pedalboard! No possible setting (a shame, you'll see why).

Wampler Pedals Dual Fusion

by sydn on 09-18-2014 07:28 PM Double overdrive pedal based on Euphoria and Paisley Drive

Boston Acoustics CR7

by RickD on 09-18-2014 05:29 PM At the time of their release these speakers were praised by the audiophile press. There was nothing of this quality in the same size and this price range. I would not hesitate to repeat this choice, they are more reliable arch, which is not negligible.

Technics SU-V620

by RickD on 09-18-2014 05:24 PM Used for quite a few years, amp archi reliable, no worries sizzling or anything like that. Many entries, phono input, what connect two pairs of speakers and then they can turn them on separately or all off to mutate or spend that headphone. Archi practice home studio when you have two sets of speakers: it's monitoring solution. Its very clean, no complaints. Good value for money, I would not hesitate to make the same choice.

Fender American Standard Jazz Bass V - Candy Cola Maple - Perfect.

by raph.bass on 09-18-2014 05:16 PM Jazz Bass 5 string, made in the USA, alder body, maple neck, maple fretboard. 20 frets, neck profile modern C. High mass vintage bridge with string-through, mechanical Fender light. Pickups Fender Jazz V, Volume inning, Volume easel Tone.

dbx 166A - compressor to do everything

by eladsky on 09-18-2014 04:10 PM Two channels: Gate, VCA compressor over easy / hard knee, peak limiter.

Dunlop 535Q CryBaby Multi-Wah - very well

by legwenosor on 09-18-2014 02:39 PM wha multi adjustable from anywhere with an integrated boost !!!

Yorkville LS808 - bluffed

by Le mage noir on 09-18-2014 02:34 PM How long have you use it? I use it for over a year because I had bought one before. Have you tried many other models before buying it? nan too, I have your 18 and 38 before a double P.audio. What thing do you like most and least? most: low roundness, and performance. the warning: Well the volume is pretty awesome. How would you rate the quality / price? With experience, you do again this choice? ... yes without hesitation, I atend Btw a new pairs ^^

Audio-Technica ATH-M30

by Danbei on 09-18-2014 02:13 PM I remake that choice, I'll even can do it again soon!

Prodipe Pro 880 - Fragile

by Danbei on 09-18-2014 02:02 PM I regret having bought it, I got fooled by the promo ... Although it was a correct sound, its fragility the fate of the race.

Roland BK-7m - great instrument

by Jlouis on 09-18-2014 03:54 AM twelve o'clock impeccable connectivity, solid, full of styles on a USB key added

Showtec ShowDesigner 512 - good console

by fredlecastel on 09-18-2014 02:53 AM is used since 2012, we went through a compact vx, a showtec light desk pro 136. good mixed console, easy programming, ability to trigger scenes, and chase the same time, easy handling, it is not ready to part ways

Hofner Guitars 173 VINTAGE ANNEE 1966 - Hofner 173 sunburst great!

by Nicolique on 09-17-2014 11:38 PM This guitar was manufactured in Germany but also in England (Selmer), the two kind of guitar are very good but from that of England are "better", the bridge is a system that allows a ball to keep a proper agreement , a type handle fender rosewood, 22 frets, The guitar has three selectors 1 micro neck pickup, 1 middle, 1 easel, you can activate all three at the same time to activate different sounds in a brief plenty. Then there are 4 1 volume knob, the rest are Tone knob. The pickups are humbuckers that shipments of the block.

Roland V-Synth GT - Excellent, but ...

by sergiosergio01 on 09-17-2014 11:23 PM What type of keyboard (synth, piano ...)? How many octaves? 61 keys, a nice keyboard but more cheap and noisier than the original V-synth Which controllers (pitch, modulation, sustain ...)? pitch / mod to roland, aftertouch, two d-beam radiation, several assignable pots, an assignable XY pad (the pad damage and the pots are also more cheap quality than the original V-synth) How many sounds, effects? What styles? Are they edited? Via a Mac utility / PC? What polyphony? ... Many sounds, effects, loops, samples of all editable directly or via PC. Editing allows you to go very far in the handling or manufacture of sounds or patches. The ability to zone up to 16 times the keyboard with different sounds is very significant on a synth that is not yet a workstation. In my view, some additional effect parameters assignable controllers (such as feedback from a time ...) would have been welcome. Polyphony also can cause concern. According patches or can go down to 3 or 4 notes ... It gives me the weak point of this synth.

Roland TD-30 Module - A killing

by dave-grohl on 09-17-2014 10:32 PM Used since August 2013. I also tried the TD-20 module. I use it with a drumkit Hart Dynamics Studio Master 6.4. What I like is the ability to settings (component materials, positions of microphones, skin types, deep barrels, size, mutes, effects, EQ, compression, reverb of the room, and I forget), variety recorded sounds, the plugs, the high demand USB socket that allows to export or import settings, play MP3, to act as a sound card if plugged into a computer, examples of configurations pre-registered. One can spend a day having fun as a kid with a toy like that and not see the time spent. What can be criticized: as everyone says, the price. Otherwise, the settings are not intuitive and some would require being sound engineer to really understand what we do. One can easily spend several hours. The quality / price: in the absence of real competition, we can say that it is okay, but I do not think it costs them to produce it anyway ... I would do this choice without hesitation. When we used to sound, we play a long time, we have a good level, it is a little one model. And it's more than a substitute for sound, variety of sounds, types of percussion, samples, etc., reveals another instrument, opening huge opportunities.
A3E sponsorship event box

Check out A3E in Boston!