• anifsfeva

There is no available content written by anifsfeva
  • Content by Audiofanzine

iZotope RX 3 Advanced - Audio restoration at it's finest

by S2D on 02-09-2014 03:39 AM The Izotope RX3 advanced suite is pretty much everything you will ever need when it comes to audio restoration. It really does leave no stone unturned. It comes with additional features not included in the normal RX 3 edition such as a Dereverb module, Dialogue Denoiser module and plugin, advanced options for the Denoise/Declip/Spectral Repair /Declick and Decrackle modes plus the insight meter system and a time and pitch control module. It can be quite tricky to get to grips with at first, especially for people new to the concept of audio restoration and how it works it can be overwhelming. So what i would personally recommend is watching some of Izotope's own short but insightful youtube videos on how each module within RX3 works and what situations to use it in, then there is always the manual if you get stuck with anything afterwards. Here is a link to one the videos - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJTy2wi0pFg There is a module for practically any type of audio cleanup you need to do. The Dereverb module does exactly what it sounds like it does (as do most of the modules) and gets rid of any noticeable room space or echo from recordings - i personally have not had to use this module yet but it's good to know it's there if i ever need it. The Izotope Dereverb video on their youtube channel demonstrates exactly how and when to use it. The Denoise module is likely to be the one most people will use the most. If you ever have too much hiss in one of your recordings or consistent background noise, then simply select denoise, highlight a section of the audio file with only background noise (no speaking) that is over 1 second long and press the 'Learn' button, then go to the beginning of your file (or wherever the background noise you need rid of begins) and click 'Process' then listen to the magic happen. You can further tweak how much the noise is reduced by using the 2 faders to the right of the frequency spectrum to control the threshold and the gain in Decibels that it is reduced by. What you might notice in particular instances is that some of the vocal frequencies disappear in an obvious way, this is quite normal because often background noise can clash with the same frequencies of the voice, in these circumstances the best thing to do is try turning the gain that is reduced down so that the noise level goes up again slightly but those important vocal frequencies are given back. It's all about compromise with audio restoration and using the RX3 advanced. It can work miracles but not 100% of the time, as long as you know this going in then you won't have any disappointments. The advanced version included an addition to the denoise module called 'Dialogue denoiser' and this is a welcome alternate to the standard denoiser in some cases as it more straight forward, but not as powerful as the standard denoiser. The Declipper is a very useful module if audio has been recorded too loud and the result is a lot of clipped peaks and distortion. There are useful presets along the top, but the process is quite straight forward you set the threshold on the lefthand side to where you the de-clipping to begin (for obvious results set the threshold to -1.5 or more and quality to high) then listen back to a cleaner, less distorted result most of the time. The Declick and Decrackle modules are excellent at removing digital clicks that can occur when using a cheap or faulty usb interface for recording, or for old crackly tape recordings you need to restore. The declick is very transparent and most of the time leaves no footprints, if you are using this plugin within a DAW such as logic pro then the multiband mode can result in some latency which should be noted. I would always recommend using RX3 as a standalone program rather than within a DAW unless absolutely necessary. Spectral repair is available for more 'harder-to-reach' areas of audio cleanup that the others might not be able to do, and there are tools along the middle just below the frequency spectrum that you can use to clear up sections shown on the spectrum yourself manually. The only gripe about RX3 advanced when using it is that it does take a while to process some of the modules, for example if you are working on a long audio file that's about an hour long, you can expect to wait about 45 minutes for your denoising to complete. If the denoising is only needed for 5 minutes of a 1 hour file for example then the best option is to highlight that full area on the frequency spectrum and hit process on that section, that way it will process the denoising in that area and leave the rest of the file untouched and take much less time. However if the full file needs denoised then you might as well get yourself a cup of tea and a biscuit while you wait... The price is also quite steep for the casual audio hobbyist, so this product is definitely for the hardcore audio enthusiasts and professionals. The normal RX3 version will be more than good enough for people who would only need to use it once in a while to clean up videos they might have taken or recordings on their phone etc etc. Overall the RX3 is expensive but extensive in it's features and sits proudly at the top of the ever growing audio restoration tree of products on the market today in 2014.

Korg SP-250 - Excellent choice for an student

by julian_r7 on 02-09-2014 01:22 AM I bought my SP250 when I first started studying piano back in 2008. As a student of orchestral conduction, I was looking for an instrument that could help me as a tool. I looked into cheaper options (such as Privia, some Yamaha, some other Korg models, etc.), but I couldn't find a piano that really satisfied me in matters of weight and feel until I found the SP250. The piano sounds are really decent, and the price wasn't sky high, so I decided for it. Now, when I reached this point I realized that, if I was going to buy an electric piano, I should go for the most transportable choice. I'm also a rock musician and I correctly guessed that, eventually, I was gonna need the instrument to play gigs. Sadly, even though the SP250 comes with a removable support, it's so heavy and large that it is practically impossible to lift by one person alone. It's also quite big, so it won't fit in most cars easily. That being said, its a simple, straightforward and resistant instrument. It has 88 keys and includes a support, sheet music stand, sus pedal (that attachs itself to the support so it doesn't get loose), mono/stereo output, and MIDI in/out, 2 phones out (which cancel the speaker). Not too many sounds (6 pianos, 6 e-pianos, harspichord, clave, funk clavinet, vibes, xylophone, nylon guitar, 3 church organs, 3 hammonds, 3 string sections/pads, 3 choirs). They can't be really edited, as the only parameters available for change are reverb and chorus. It isn't actually necessary, as the instrument has MIDI capabilities.

Marshall AVT150 - Flexible and quality sounding amp

by S2D on 02-08-2014 10:14 PM The Marshall AVT150 amp utilises 'Advanced Valvestate Technology' which basically means it's a combination of a valve/tube amp and a solid state amp. It delivers 150watts of power and has connections for an external footswitch, 2 external speaker inputs, a line in and an FX send and return insert section. In terms of controls, effects and settings, this amp head gives you plenty boosting 2 rows of 12 knobs controlling 4 different channels which are selectable via the footswitch. These range from the usual bass, middle and treble through to DFX mix and adjust for the digital effects section. The 4 different channels to choose from are Acoustic Simulator, Clean, Overdrive 1 and overdrive 2, these are also available on the footswitch as well as are 2 buttons to switch the FX section for Acoustic simulator/Clean on and FX section on/off for Overdrive1/overdrive 2. Along the top row of knobs/controls are the OD1 and OD2 section which are controlled by the same EQ knobs. (bass, middle, treble) and along the bottom row of knobs/controls is the acoustic simulator/clean channels which is controlled by the same (but separate from OD1 and OD2) EQ knobs.

Steinberg Nuendo 4 - Excellent if you have the patience to learn it

by julian_r7 on 01-09-2014 09:56 AM Nuendo 4 was my first DAW, and even though I've tried other options (some of them excellent, such as Reaper) I've always returned to it. While initial installation and setup are fairly simple, getting the most out of Nuendo requires a lot of time. Not because it's complicated, but because of the sheer amount of options the software offers to best suit your working style and workflow. Once you get the hang of the basic controls and hotkeys, which should not take long, you are ready to explore complex edition possibilities. I never had any issues with any sound board (and I tried Nuendo on at least seven or eight different hardware configs) and while I've encountered my share of bugs and crashes, I've always found quick solutions all over the internet.

Tannoy Arden - :)

by sunce on 01-09-2014 09:40 AM Used to have it 20 years ago, learned a lot out of this speaker. Mine was from 1978. with old, almost dissolved foam suspensions, but still there was no distortion at all. 15" cardboard dual concentric beautiful giant, i was impressed immediately. By specifications, speaker was 70w (rms)and i had a big question mark over my head. Tannoy Arden in that poor state had no problems with Krell ksa 200 at almost full power. Just to remind respectable audience that mentioned amplifier works only in "a" class, so i find quite weird, maybe a bit speculative handling that enormous power with 70w. Everything sounded big, opened but firs noticed minus was the lack of 3d sound-staging. Sound comes directly from the speaker. We were not the first ones who noticed that this kind of speaker could be ideal for main monitoring, but with serious corrections (those appeared later)... Tannoy Arden has two speaker crossovers, but "time delay" is the main key. Lot of others in those days were producing dual concentric s, but those couldn't figure how to construct it for many years after. Time delay crossover measures drivers excursion because tweeter is fixed, and cant play accurate without it. Good side is that tweeter uses the same magnet, thus he can withstand high powers. Inverted 10cm dome behind high efficiency horn has an impressive pressure and details, but even with a time delay crossover 3d sound-staging never appeared. Arden can play with a budget friendly amps because of his high efficiency, but the lack of details will be obvious even to a beginner. After a while, we had to change suspensions, and that was a big problem without internet. In the end, major mistake, but that was the only way in those days here. We literally destroyed them by changing foam with hard rubber. All parameters lost for good, and we sold them in that condition, very sad... Ive learned a lot from Ardens. Matter of taste of course, but never bought dual concentric again. Also, no drivers bigger than 7". Big drivers are slow and they have lateral anomaly's due to a weight of a membrane. The most important thing learned from this speaker is how bad is to take a speaker just for being impressed at firs listening. Impression is not wanted before large numbers of listening hours. Tannoy Arden will always have his honestly deserved place in speaker development. He was a good platform for monitors to come, and still is a good speaker for those who are entering the wonderful world of a true audiophile knowledge. This is my first review here, if you like it, i will gladly make more of them. Kind regards, Sunce

Dugain Bone - Too expensive.

by Jp6l6 on 01-09-2014 08:20 AM I had bought there already quite a few years and that I had enjoyed in acoustics. Although I can not remember the price now, I remember seeing the same article, unmarked, on ebay.com (USA) at a ridiculously low price, unlike Dugain. So I was told of the gain, you do shalt more on my back and after having ordered in stock, I was sold. I still have it, just for my personal use but I still like it. Doing my job, I have ebony falls and have copied the model for me a Dremel accessories and two of the same brand. I like this formula in electrical but I came back to the Dunlop Big Stubby 3mm.

Kemper Profiling Amplifier - My best preamp

by yann.seven on 01-09-2014 07:32 AM Everything has been said Very good guitars and reverb effects. Crunches crunchants. Impressive simulations and "organic." Dynamic compliance.

Neumann TLM 103 - PERFECT VOCAL MIC!!!

by HalfSquid on 01-09-2014 06:39 AM This is everything and more you would ever expect from Neumann. A great condenser recording mic with a broad and clear frequency response. Perfect for recording studio vocals and professional broadcasting. Every studio needs a good vocal mic and this one definitely sets the bar high. 100% recommended. It is a very sensitive mic so I would definitely recommend buying the shock mount accessory which let's the TLM do it's job without interruptions.

Akai MPK Mini 2014 - GREAT COMPACT MIDI CONTROLLER!

by HalfSquid on 01-09-2014 05:58 AM The AKAI MPK mini is a 2 octave midi controller with a size that is perfect for you to take everywhere with you. But although it has a small size it still pack a BIG punch, containing 8 pads in 2 banks for a total of 16 programable pads as well as 8 programmable knobs. What really drove me to this purchase though, was the integrated arpeggiator within the controller which is great for live performances. Also, since it is connected via mini-USB you can be sure that it won't be taking up much power. GREAT PURCHASE!

Xvive fuzz screamer - fuzz wise enough yet versatile.

by granpetitom on 01-09-2014 05:56 AM 1 Analog 2 True bypass 3 9V DC, 15 mA Setting: Volume 1 2 Bite, tone control 3 Sustain

Sequential Circuits DrumTracks - NICE CLEAN MACHINE THAT IDENTITY

by redox75 on 01-09-2014 05:12 AM It's a BAR which I am sure will be in a few years a "must have" and we seek to have. editing is much more extensive than the TR

Wampler Pedals Plexi-Drive British Overdrive - A sound that .... do not!

by By'ce on 01-09-2014 02:01 AM OD

Stedman Proscreen 100 - The very best in anti-pop

by rroland on 01-09-2014 01:42 AM The filter that returns all other shelved. It is made of metal, with an orientation which "chase" air downwardly. it's simple, but he had to think. Unlike antipop fabric that mitigate somewhat the upper spectrum (sometimes it's also a benefit for a singer that accentuates sibilance), Stedman is absolutely transparent sonically.

Alto Professional TS110 A - Not bad at all

by Dj s2m on 01-09-2014 01:29 AM I have two that I use as a floor or small benefits for more than a year. I have 2 RCF 412A + 1 subwoofer RCF 718 AS for theatrical release. Line has 2 inputs and Micro symmetrical (type combo XLR / Jack 6.35) which allows you to connect two sources or right channel and left channel on the same enclosure (to connect a single return and have the entire signal) . The +: - Attractive price for powered speakers, - Good sound quality (RCF but not entirely correct) - A switch "CONTOUR" which boosts the sound. The -: - The volume knobs that bind Line / Mic: I would have preferred a selector input level. Very attractive for modest budgets while having a good quality product with amplification incorporated.

Boss TU-3 Chromatic Tuner

by ZebraChiliPeppers on 01-09-2014 12:27 AM I use it for 3 years now and I have not been much to say apart from the fact that it meets very good job There's just too many features can be, but we can not complain

Blackstar Amplification HT-DistX - DistX in your face

by ZebraChiliPeppers on 01-09-2014 12:22 AM Analog distortion pedal super lamp complete with treble, mid, bass, isf, volume and gain with an output emulated

Native Instruments Traktor DJ for iPad - Very Good but missing some options

by Dj s2m on 01-09-2014 12:03 AM Traktor DJ for Ipad, great idea! We can use it anywhere, you open the application and go. As soon as you put a headphone, there is the possibility to split in cue / prelisten to mix in stand alone mode. Also available on Iphone and only on IOS. Currently used on an iPad 2.

Elektron Octatrack

by zite909 on 01-08-2014 10:07 PM Difficult to summarize! The OT can serve as "live" sampler, sequencer noon, effect processor, see monophonic synthesizer ... But it is above all the possibility to combine it all together makes it indispensable. It there's still limitations that it is good to know before buying: 1) The sequence Midi is very complete, has a good arpeggiator and LFO 3 noon on track which is great. 6 encoders EO can be used to send CC afternoon practice when we synths with little buttons ... However, the sequencer is not as intuitive as a sequence analog: a missing row of 16 buttons, can not skipper / mutate not read his sequences ways random or upside down ... We can not (it seems to me) transpose sequences from a midi keyboard, but you can do it from the fix. We do not find either option 'force to scale. " In short the OT has a very good sequence noon, complete but still one notch below a Cirklon for example. 2) The characteristic of the sampler is the recording of sample is controllable via the sequencer. One can sample more 8 samples simultaneously from any source (Audio In, internal audio track ...). This is the perfect sampler for live (see 'transition trick' on youtube)! on the other hand as "traditional" sampler is not great: -The Samples are monos -No Sample multisampled = goodbye pianos and other mellotrons -No Polyphony = damn it for pads -It can play samples on three octaves (???) -For Sequence a melody, you can record only pitches (+1, +5) and not notes (do, re, mi) .. -The Audio tracks can not be applied since the fix (!) -The Audio tracks do not have arpeggiator unlike MIDI tracks. 3) For sound synthesis we have the right to opportunities rather extensive: 3 LFO, 2 envelopes, 2 effects per audio track including filter, reverb, phaser, lo-fi ... All classic manipulation samples can be performed live (reverse, slice, loop, ...). All these parameters can be controlled via the sequence (the famous plock) which is great! One can even assign a different sample at each step. However, there's frustration: -on Can not modulate the start point of a sample: the effect farewell granular-type (Though possible with Analog Rhythm!) -It can slice the samples, and play a different slice for each note. But you can not scan the slices on the same note, which prevents use of the OT as a synth table wavelength. -It Is not possible to make the FM, there is no RingMod ...

Paiste Signature Dark Energy Crash Mark I 18'' - Dark Matter

by rw on 01-08-2014 09:05 PM Beautiful Dark crash of 1520 gr. Quite flat and small dome contour, pitch rather low, not too harmonics with a beautiful shine without too brassy midrange frequencies. A dark character accompanied by light, an immediate response. A nice balanced cymbal with a lot of character and depth. The affected is thicker than the Traditionals. A very broad spectrum. It is a versatile cymbal, indeed all of the Dark Energy cymbals including crash series are very versatile blending the brightness of Signatures and the dark side of Traditionals. They are found in many style of music. Beautiful hammering "leopard". Quality choice.

Paiste Signature Full Crash 17" - Full On

by rw on 01-08-2014 08:18 PM Rather thin and light cymbal crash, 1228 gr. for 17 '. Full sound and brassy. Immediate and explosive response. Normal sustain. Balanced volume; not too strong and capable of sweetness. Touched nice. Cymbal clear, bright and versatile.

Zvex Super Seek Trem - Wonder disappointing

by JLDavid on 01-08-2014 07:18 PM Effect of 16 programmable analog tremolo not individually, no editing on a computer, Pedal, input and output jack, expression pedal input, input for external switch for tap tempo, MIDI In and Thru.

Farfisa S40 - Superb amp

by Matosman59 on 01-08-2014 05:47 PM Transistor with huge transformer that must participate in the sound of the whole. 50 watts. Just a gain ...

Paiste Formula 602 Modern Essentials China 18" - China Girl

by rw on 01-08-2014 05:06 PM

Paiste Signature Splash 6'' - Splash

by rw on 01-08-2014 04:02 PM Very good splash of 79 gr. High pitch, fast and explosive response (very little sustain). Clear sound, solid, and crystalline. Small volume.

Alesis Performance Pad - Average but does the job for the price ...

by Hluk on 01-08-2014 03:53 PM I use it for more than a year. I bought it to mount a transportable kit for small herds traveling or small rehearsals or the transportation and installation of a drumkit (acoustic or electric) is not possible. I also use it now to add instrumentals to my drumkit (bells, ribbon, etc). Despite the name, this is not the Pro and far from it. The pads are not tops, or touching or quality and rendering (one return service after two months to change the trigger snare pad ... and I do not bourine). The sound module is very average. The ergonomics of electronics is awful ... I still do not understand the logic (which is used to Roland 1000x better in this area). That said, for having researched the market, it is the only full pad that mimics prestas real pros (Roland, Yam) in this price range. But despite all the work done with its limitations and asked me a good turn ... for the price once again. I recently tried a Roland SPD-30 is it has nothing to do (quality / touch pads and sound module) but it's double the price. I am considering an upgrade for later. What I like most: price and portability = quickly have a small functional drumkit play anywhere (held in a large sports bag with stand + support and small amp with subwoofer). The least: the pads: touching, unwanted tripping, rebound tenderness. My rating is 6/10 = good for the quality / price.

Tornade MS Pickups Nocaster Pickups Tele '54s - Exellent!

by bibi-piegeareves on 01-08-2014 03:07 PM How long have you use it? Day 1 after a handover a bit confusing (a few minutes) I find these very very good microphones! Have you tried many other models before buying it? Not just those of my standard telecaster Mexico and other American Tele and it is those that I prefer. What thing do you like most and least? From the moment the violin guitar is good and the woods are good, the guitar resonates naturally one can easily find an authentic sound with a lot of character with these pickups, it seems to end up with a top guitar range. This dynamic is defined, a pleasure to play !! How would you rate the quality / price? The value for money is good for French craft !! With experience, you do again this choice? Yes indeed I begin to think for my Jazzmaster and my Grestch Valuing fine handmade work !!!

Paiste Signature Traditionals Thin Splash 9'' - Rare

by rw on 01-08-2014 02:37 PM Soft, light and ultra-thin (only 188 gr.) Immediate response, his slightly soiled with an attack "trashy". Live sound, warm, relatively dry complex ... (the sustain is rather short). For moderate volume. Superb Splash 9 "- Rare.

Paiste Signature Traditionals Extra Thin Crash 18'' - Crashing

by rw on 01-08-2014 02:25 PM Same characteristic as the Paiste Signature Traditionals Thin Crash 18 ". http://fr.audiofanzine.com/cymbale-crash/paiste/Traditionals-18%C2%94-Thin-Crash/avis/r.116289.html Cymbal significantly lighter, about 1280 gr. The root is the same, only changing very slightly lower harmonics and sustain above is short here. Cymbal ultimately more arid to be used for low volumes. Perfect for use with orchestrations and Mallets.

Orange Dark Terror DA15H - Dark terrifies me!

by Mi(ni)me on 08-31-2014 03:08 AM * The more practice on this head, it is on its size and weight. Perfect for repeat without breaking your back. The cabinet which is accompanied, orange 2X12 Celestion Vintage 30 also remains very light (for you have had a Engl 2x12 believe me). * Small switch to select the power: 15 watts or 7 to choose from. For group play, the mode 7 watts is enough, no worries to compete with a drummer and the whole troop. Note that it is better to turn the volume on a tube amp to draw all the grain: 7 watts with volume at noon or 3/4 (in saturation with the gain in three quarters as it increases the volume ) and you can play and be heard. 15 watt mode will be used to enjoy the light and play with the overdrive / distos including a pedalboard. * Presence of an effects loop for your modulation effects (chorus, delay, reverb and whatnot).

LTD F-400FM - See Thru Black - But I love ...

by Dzak on 08-31-2014 02:57 AM Made Korea - Mahogany body with flamed maple top - Conductive handle 24 cases 3-piece mahogany - Rosewood fretboard, jumbo frets - Benchmarks "tribal custom abalone - 2 EMG-81 active electronically - Mechanical grover a bath oil and nut compensates - Tune o matic bridge with string-through-body - Green light fittings
Special 93% Offer

Got beats? Samples? Mixing and mastering services? Get a head start with this 93% OFF special offer!